PDA

View Full Version : Robin cook: anyone know why he died?

BvL
08-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Try this one for starters

http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/story/0,12780,1523838,00.html

Bin Laden was, though, a product of a monumental miscalculation by western security agencies. Throughout the 80s he was armed by the CIA and funded by the Saudis to wage jihad against the Russian occupation of Afghanistan. Al-Qaida, literally "the database", was originally the computer file of the thousands of mujahideen who were recruited and trained with help from the CIA to defeat the Russians. Inexplicably, and with disastrous consequences, it never appears to have occurred to Washington that once Russia was out of the way, Bin Laden's organisation would turn its attention to the west.

'Loose cannon' comes to mind. What do others make of this sort of thing? Something tells me he knew some stuff and wasn't afraid to mention it. I think the Al Qaida "database" issue was not really mainstream knowledge but around the same time I recall it became officially admitted that Al Qaida was according to Blair not an organisation but just an idea or state of mind. So, conclusion, we have been fighting an idea. This does not look too good really.

08-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Why did he turn his attention to the West?

BvL
08-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Itís looking like a bit of a mystery. First off the papers have kept changing their story on the details. Something along the lines of, he didn't actually die from a heart attack or maybe he did but also they mention he fell and broke his neck or something. He was then resuscitated by some passers by on a very remote Highlands hilltop. Each paper has its own version and the Guardian said it was a heart attack but he survived for 90 minutes until he got to hospital where 5 minutes later he was dead. Odd donít you think, my immediate reaction to that was that sometimes hospitals can be more dangerous than not being in hospital. Princess Di discovered that when one of the medical crew whacked her over the head with an oxygen cylinder to finish her off.

Anyway as for the political climate it has been a bit hot down here in Blighty. We have had the London bombings deception and the Brazilian electrician incident and Robin Cook is quite a clever gezza apparently. One of his intellectual feats was that once when there was some dodgy government business where he was the opposition party he was given a 2000 page report to read in 3 hours before a parliamentary debate on it, the Tories had a week to read. But in 3 hours he read the report and demolished the debate and in doing so people concluded he was a bit of an Einstein of politics. Now someone with a brain like that is not going to believe the latest government B/S, so thatís about as much as I know.