PDA

View Full Version : Dear President Obama: Should we sell our house?

NotThe1
07-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Dear President Obama: Should we sell our house?
by Craig J. Cantoni

Your Excellency:

This is your humble servant. I'm writing from my home in the Sonoran desert of Arizona, where it's 113 degrees outside and 82 degrees inside. I'm sitting here half-naked with the ceiling fan whirring so fast that papers are flying off my desk.

It gives me solace, though, to know that you and Michelle probably have the thermostat set at a comfortable 72 degrees in that big white house in Washington. I hope it's just as comfortable in the big home you own in Chicago, whether it's empty or being rented by someone.

If King Louis XIV of France deserved to live in Versailles while preaching to his lords about the living conditions of the serfs, then you deserve to live in luxury while preaching to plebeians like me about global warming. After all, Louie believed in the Divine Right of Kings, just as you believe in the Divine Right of Presidents. And like you, Louie was able to centralize power and raise taxes because his subjects were fed up with the wars of his predecessors. Were they ever surprised, however, when he would later engulf France in war. Still, Louie was able to stay on the throne and build monuments to his narcissism, thanks to having the undying loyalty of the propagandists at CBS, NBC, ABC, NBC, CNBC, CNN, PBS, NPR, the New York Times, K-12 schools, and universities.

Oh, sorry, I got him confused with you.
Dear President Obama: Should we sell our house? | War On You: Breaking Alternative News (http://waronyou.com/topics/dear-president-obama-should-we-sell-our-house/)

BlueAngel
07-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Referring to the President as "Your Excellency" and to yourself as a "Humble Servant" is weird in and of itself.

Needles to say, finding solace in the fact that you are suffering and the President isn't, is doubly weird.

neo1962
07-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Nice article...