PDA

View Full Version : Challenger space shuttle explosion

revolution60
10-15-2009, 10:58 AM
So i had seen a few comments from another person about this event and whether or not there is something more behind the scenes we don't see with our normal eyes.

I was in second grade, and our whole school was outside on schoolgrounds watching the shuttle go up, then BOOM!

At first everyone seemed confused, then everyone slowly realized what happened, at first the teachers were trying to reassure us youngsters that everything was ok and that was suppose to happen, but it didnt take long for the news to hit.

so any comments?

EireEngineer
10-15-2009, 12:36 PM
So.....I am dieing to hear the who, why, and how of how else the shuttle would have blown up. Besides a leaky frozen gasket on the booster rocket, that is.:rolleyes:

revolution60
10-15-2009, 02:13 PM
So.....I am dieing to hear the who, why, and how of how else the shuttle would have blown up. Besides a leaky frozen gasket on the booster rocket, that is.:rolleyes:

why do you have to have a negative response, instead of just discussing it and the reasons why you believe it was just a plain accident with nothing more behind it?

you and Blue Angel seem to love being negative towards any relative discussions on many many threads here

in fact, it seems all u 2 really do, is insult the participants the entire time, and make the threads die

i am starting to see a pattern lol

EireEngineer
10-15-2009, 02:32 PM
why do you have to have a negative response, instead of just discussing it and the reasons why you believe it was just a plain accident with nothing more behind it?

you and Blue Angel seem to love being negative towards any relative discussions on many many threads here

in fact, it seems all u 2 really do, is insult the participants the entire time, and make the threads die

i am starting to see a pattern lol
Just curious. I truly have never heard of a conspiracy involving the Challenger, so I was wondering.
And, as for the reasons for it to just be an accident, the video evidence is compelling and the existing story is at least plausible.

revolution60
10-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Just curious. I truly have never heard of a conspiracy involving the Challenger, so I was wondering.
And, as for the reasons for it to just be an accident, the video evidence is compelling and the existing story is at least plausible.

i can agree definitely, it is all quite acceptable that is was in fact a genuine accident, i was just mainly wandering if anyone had any information on any of the astronauts or anything shady going on with nasa in that time period.

that's all, just honest inquiry

EireEngineer
10-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Like all bureocracies, I am sure there had to be something going on. I know there was some controversy as to how long the astronauts were alive after the initial explosion.

albie
10-16-2009, 04:03 AM
Revolution. Why not google it? Better than starting a thread. Google it. find a flimsy theory written by a geek with a mental problem, believe it wholeheartedly (because there's nothing else exciting going on in your life)and then try to make us believe it.

Then I can smash your theory and make you cry.

That's how it goes.:D

EireEngineer
10-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Revolution. Why not google it? Better than starting a thread. Google it. find a flimsy theory written by a geek with a mental problem, believe it wholeheartedly (because there's nothing else exciting going on in your life)and then try to make us believe it.

Then I can smash your theory and make you cry.

That's how it goes.:D

He was simply asking a legitimate question, no need to start the personal attacks for no reason.

albie
10-17-2009, 05:07 AM
The sincerest form of debunkery is to ask why conspiracy theorists believe everything that they read without checking it.

EireEngineer
10-17-2009, 08:05 AM
The sincerest form of debunkery is to ask why conspiracy theorists believe everything that they read without checking it.

At least I try to give them a substantive rebuttal, instead of a dismissive one liner.

albie
10-19-2009, 04:57 AM
I'll do both. It doesn't make a blind bit of difference which you do. It doesn't knock any sense into them. Any countering evidence you've supplied to a conspiracy is ignored by the recipiant. They just take their crackpot ideas elswhere and dribble them out again, IGNORING whatever you've taken the time to compile and post against those ideas. I've seen it. So don't imagine you are here to correct people. You are here to prove to YOURSELF that conspiracy theorists are deluded.

Fahrenheit 912
10-24-2009, 11:06 PM
There had been many attempts to launch the space shuttle Challenger in the days/weeks preceeding January 28. January 28 was also the day Ronald Reagan was to deliver his State of the Union speech, and his people were pressuring NASA mightily to have the shuttle in orbit that day, as part of his speech was supposed to include a live video/audio uptake to the orbiting spacecraft. Ordinarily, Houston would never have launched in temperatures this cold (temp. at launch site was below freezing - 28 degrees), and Morton Thokol engineers were direly warning NASA and Houston of o-ring failure if they proceeded. The end result was that both NASA and Houston bowed to pressure from their higher-ups and a predictable, horrific tragedy occured...

iHIMself™
10-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by EireEngineer http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/images/clubconspiracy/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/f29/challenger-space-shuttle-explosion-10487-post61610.html#post61610)

really? Sigh. As if you haven't questioned it yourself? Why does there need to be a THEORY? Why not just...hey, a frozen o' ring did not make the challenger blow up, the suggestion is insulting, and the fact you are sticking to this 'explanation' is extremely suss.

As Yosamete would say...I don't know how youz dunnit, but i know youz DUNNIT!

Besides the fact there was a civilian????

Here's a question....how many times did a CIVILIAN go to space, and return home??? Barking None!! The last was that Jew that got incinerated (and not in 1944).

I have absolutely no doubt, they really don't want anyone to see what's up there, and those who do go up, shut up, or don't come back. We have never been to the moon, the Russians were right, you can't go past go without collecting 200 million tons of radiation just on your nut sax.

The challenger was going into space with a Teacher, Sharon Christa McAuliffe. It was never coming back.

EireEngineer
10-26-2009, 08:40 AM
What's wrong with beinging a federal employee? I mean, besides being a unionized drain on society and the GDP that is, lol.

EireEngineer
10-26-2009, 08:48 AM
really? Sigh. As if you haven't questioned it yourself? Why does there need to be a THEORY? Why not just...hey, a frozen o' ring did not make the challenger blow up, the suggestion is insulting, and the fact you are sticking to this 'explanation' is extremely suss.

As Yosamete would say...I don't know how youz dunnit, but i know youz DUNNIT!

Besides the fact there was a civilian????

Here's a question....how many times did a CIVILIAN go to space, and return home??? Barking None!! The last was that Jew that got incinerated (and not in 1944).

I have absolutely no doubt, they really don't want anyone to see what's up there, and those who do go up, shut up, or don't come back. We have never been to the moon, the Russians were right, you can't go past go without collecting 200 million tons of radiation just on your nut sax.

The challenger was going into space with a Teacher, Sharon Christa McAuliffe. It was never coming back.
Stream of consciousness much? Before you reply back to this I want you to do two things:1 Get Mozilla Firefox. It does spell checking on the fly.
2. Calm down, take a deep breath, and TRY to form a cogent sentence, or frame your idea in a less random manner.

Now, as for the one assertion that I could pick out of that mess of incoherence, civilian (non military) scientists go into space all of the time. Admittedly in the early days they were primarily military personnel, but that is because it is the only place you can find a large pool of experienced,well trained pilots.

For a list of all of the astronauts by year of induction go to Wapedia - Wiki: List of astronauts by selection (http://wapedia.mobi/en/List_of_astronauts_by_selection)

revolution60
11-08-2009, 09:28 PM
what really got me thinking about it was the fact it was such a huge media event with many emotions attached to it..

iHIMself™
04-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Stream of consciousness much? Before you reply back to this I want you to do two things:1 Get Mozilla Firefox. It does spell checking on the fly.
2. Calm down, take a deep breath, and TRY to form a cogent sentence, or frame your idea in a less random manner.

Now, as for the one assertion that I could pick out of that mess of incoherence, civilian (non military) scientists go into space all of the time. Admittedly in the early days they were primarily military personnel, but that is because it is the only place you can find a large pool of experienced,well trained pilots.

Ok....Sigh

1. I dont need to spell check anything because if I spelt it wrong...I did it on porpuse.
2. I ALWAYS speak my mind, whether incoherently, or noncogently or at random. And if you're not convinced...there was a reason for that. I'm speaking my mind, and not trying to convince anyone of anything. Use your own head, and don't be so lazy and do your own research. I tried inserting webpages as reference points before, only to have them "dissappear" off the base of the net.

The fact you assert they were all military personnel and use the excuse of the only 'pool of experienced' pilots, shows you are fooled by your own foolishness. Indeed any well trained pilot today, is still NOT what we would call a civilian.

Wasn't it on the news just last week of a guy with a $50 camera tied to a balloon that took snapshots of the earth that would have cost NASA 600 million?

Space has been BOUGHT. It was a race for INFORMATION....SPY satellites, whatever. NOT the moon...or MARS or any stupid idea as such.

NO civilian will ever go, as PROVEN by Richard Bransons Space Flight attempt.

Ask yourself this.....If we really DID go to the moon....why haven't any of the filthy RICH gone yet? Pfft. Exactly.

One day they'll make a spacecraft that will SIMULATE it for you.