PDA

View Full Version : What DO You Think Of Religions?

upagainstit
02-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Religions appear to be, wanted to be, in you.

Back, before the Roman Empire, the only real, surviving belief
seemed to be that of the Jewish Faith.

This is where, in the time of the Roman Empire,
that apparently Christianity, based on Jesus, comes from.

Prior to then, except for the Jewish, the people of the world,
went around - conquering one another, exchanging their gods together.

Somewhere, in the Roman Empire time, it was devised to bring about
a belief - that would be "up there" - with the one the Jewish people had.

Pretty-sure, it was man-made, from that time.

Prior to then, except for the Jewish people, beliefs were exchange-able.
The Jewish people were a factor to be reckoned with back then.

The religions of the world are like the countries of the world.
They stack up to one another however they do.

The above, may not be, infallible, depends when other faiths became.(?)
That's the way I notice it from history, anyway.

Whatever religions, appear to want to "instill" themselves in you.
These are fashioned after the Jewish Faith in doing so.
Was because the Jews didn't relinquish their beliefs, and "others" aspired.

The concept that I follow, is one based on - ones' self.
Have taken this back throughout "time immemorial".
Have not - come up with a "god".
Have come up with - anyone - self-exists - in themselves.
This concept - these days - is well shot.

We are being "whittled" away at, from without.
Our conscious selves, is what we have been, whittled down to.
Everything else in addition to our "conscious" selves - is being used
against us, from within, undermining us, as we be.

Whatever there is to us, that is in addition to our "conscious" selves,
is in "foreign" control - all over us - from above and beyond us - as we be.

It's so bad, they have us covered, every ping of the way.

We, ourselves, do not have anything with one another.
What we have is - common denominators - in each one of us - to we be.
Currently - our conscious selves - do not have things - anywhere in hand.
Our conscious selves - us in ourselves - look like a - dieing breed.
There's a good chance - here on this side of things - we are on our last legs.
Chances are - whatever becomes of things further - ever-more be,
is not "overly" dependant upon us.

Established - out around - wants us - away from ourselves.
Currently - we are - well away from ourselves - in we be.

jane doe
02-23-2010, 10:50 AM
I never thought of religion as much as it thought of me. I think of the lack of religion and how religious it can be without thinking of me.

kerry
02-25-2010, 09:44 AM
what do i think of religion
religion is a word made by man to indacate more then one faith. each faith says theres is the only true faith.. so religion meens devision. 2000 years or more ago each area of a people worshiped god in the only way they knew. while other areas of a people did the same but differd some. and another area and on and on. then one would say.. he is from a area that worships god difrently. its there faith. somware along the years religion was born to seperate the categorys of faith. then jesus came and asked peter to build his church. and the roman catholic faith was born. with peter the first pope and the popes were born. who gave birth to the vatican. to govern the church requested from jesus. now we have vatican 2. to bring all the faiths together and bring them to the church from god.

thats all i know. got anything to add?

Hemlocks
02-26-2010, 06:26 AM
Organized religions have too much man made, for various reasons, dogma attached with them. There is just no way of knowing what religious faith holds the most truth(s)...if any.

What I do is meditate and in the process of realizing my own enlightenment I have come to understand what 'godhood' is...in its various manifestation.

kerry
02-28-2010, 02:05 PM
catholic ansers is a good place on the net to ask questions like that
Catholic Answers Forums (http://forums.catholic.com/)

BlueAngel
02-28-2010, 08:56 PM
I never thought of religion as much as it thought of me. I think of the lack of religion and how religious it can be without thinking of me.

Religion thinks about you?

:rolleyes:

notquiteginga
02-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Organised Religion = :(...... >:(......... >:O

BlueAngel
02-28-2010, 10:31 PM
I don't belong to an organized religion.

Never have and never will.

GOD is with me and I am with him and he doesn't require anything else of me and I don't require anything else of him other than he acknowledges me and I acknowledge him.

In this way, we are both in each other's lives.

BLESS YOU ALL!

jane doe
03-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Religion thinks about you?

:rolleyes:

Religion is composed of people who maintain the energy process of each religion's [attuned] source. Thus the energy of religion is defined by those who provide thoughts/meditations. Thus religion is alive, as a threat, as an inspiration, as critical stabilizers for a source.

oneview
03-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Religion is composed of people who maintain the energy process of each religion's [attuned] source. Thus the energy of religion is defined by those who provide thoughts/meditations. Thus religion is alive, as a threat, as an inspiration, as critical stabilizers for a source.

Fortunate for us, that this isn't limited to anywhere in particular.
Chances are that it is - common - to all camps.

Kudo Shinichi
03-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Christianity isn't a religion but it's mistaken cause by Roman Catholic to be a religion!!! It's a belief that resent all other occultic religions.

skeema
04-12-2010, 11:02 PM
i think religion is wrong for the simple fact that its a selection of believes cousing seperation of mankind, disagreements and many more but its all a part of the goverments plan most things in our modern world has a reason for being here and its not for the good and specialy not for us we are just ants fathering food for the queen until we die i dnt know why we have goverment when they are all the same people or chosen because of another plan (obama) because they are trustworthy and taded there sole for it no goverment has faith or believes in a god coz they simply believe they are our gods kcuf them i they do not care about us and for them low piggy police that think they got power kcuf u 2 coz ur just another doggy slave 2 that has to fetch u little pet to tell u the truth were all dekcuf just keep faith in god kcuf money ill rather go heaven

kerry
04-13-2010, 07:45 PM
still... the word religion is from man...man made label for a faith. when god saves all who believe in him and his words even those who dont even know there is a god. not talking about those who deny there is a god. it says this in allmost all bibles the king james the latin volgate which is the origional catholic bible all faiths.. though religion as the tag for a faith meens many faiths. where most of them believe allmost the same thing in its own wording. so we have to look at religion in this way to to know that you dont have to be a catholic to be saved. this is where vatican 2 comes in that is trying to bring all the churches back together as one. befor the churches seperated.
so the word religion has nuthing to do with a persons faith. it is only a label to what those believe.

Sentrynox
04-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Most religions only represents boats without paddles (some have paddles) in an hostile ocean (representing our environment and its threats (perceived as environmental fears)), and have only one purpose, which is to keep us, Humans, afloat while blind to light (opening the eyes of consciousness can be scary in such hostile waters). So religions have preserved Humanity from fears of their environment (when they couldn't understand them), and now it is shifting...

It is NOW time to learn to see the light (so to see the shore line), and learn how to swim so to reach the beach of suns, where human destiny is awaiting to be embraced! As EVERY humans is a co-creator of this Universe and needs to fulfill its creative potentials!

So as co-creators of the Universe, human beings must use their power of consciousness over matter! The more conscious a human being is, the more energy he has to change his life for the better, and increase Humanity's will to survive and change!
Consciousness of our inner and outer fears, plays a great role in defining our level of consciousness and our acceptance of changes in our lives.
It is called: Mind over Matter!!

So in the end, Religions are to become a thing of the past to let Humanity find its true place in the Universe!
I see this, because Humanity is the only specie on Earth with an unlimited creative potential that has only in equal its destructive potential, which let us, be capable of destroying our OWN planet! In contrast, a beaver, would be capable to create a dam, but won't EVER be capable to built an Hoover Dam producing electricity! It is so, because animal life has a limited creative powers, since they belong to Earth! While Humanity can be said to have a mother, called Earth and a father called the Universe which is unlimited in powers, as much as we are unlimited in creativity! This means that we do belong to the Universe, and are to become its co-creator alongside it!
Religions were there only to make us survive mother Earth hostiles environments, but now we must fly off this planet surface once and for all and find out true place!

jane doe
04-19-2010, 09:58 AM
The word "potential" should be erased.

Moet
04-19-2010, 02:10 PM
First of all i want to apoligize for any spelling or grammar mistakes in my posts. English is not my first language but i'll do my best.

Religion is in my opinion a good thing. It keeps people on the right path and tries to help people avoid things that will harm them.

What annoys me is that i see alot of website's with a goal to "prove" that god does not exist. The point that they are missing is that religion does not have to be based entirely on god. If everyone in this world would follow one of the three worldwide religions for example. But not believe in god. They would follow the rules that are not so much related to god in this example : Not drinking, Not smoking, Give money to the poor on a regular basis and respect fellow man. The world would be a better place wouldn't it?

Even if you would add believing in god to the example above it would still be OK.

They also claim that religions only lead to things like terrorism. But anything in this world can give a crazy person an excuse to do crazy things. I assume they would agree with me that a religious based terrorist is crazy. But dont you call people crazy when they differ so much from the main stream society. The fact that they DIFFER so much from the main stream is already a reason not to blame the entire group for the actions of one.
in 1979 a 16 year old girl started shooting at a elementary school killing 2 people and injuring alot more. She said she did this because she hated mondays. Is this a reason to add mondays to the week-end? No! Why? because only a few people in the world are crazy enough to shoot up a school for it.

But ok i will still look into their point. so i will add that there would be alot more terrorists if the example above would be realized.
So the number of victims by terrorist attacks would of course rise. But think of all the victims of drunk driving all the victims of drugs.
they would all be lowered so much that in the end more people will survive.
I am not saying that the terrorist attacks wouldnt matter, but crazy people will always be there. religion or not.

I apoligize for the length of my post only i have had these theories in my mind for a while now with not alot of people of my age to share them with.
Please correct me where i am wrong. i would love to hear other people's opinions.

jane doe
04-19-2010, 03:47 PM
The best historical thing religion ever did for a poor man was give him a job which his son, or nephew could inherit, building cathedrals. But since most of those men became masons and templars (?) perhaps it was more historical than the birth announcement of that religion. just a thought.

Grim
04-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Religion = Joke

BlueAngel
04-19-2010, 05:55 PM
The best historical thing religion ever did for a poor man was give him a job which his son, or nephew could inherit, building cathedrals. But since most of those men became masons and templars (?) perhaps it was more historical than the birth announcement of that religion. just a thought.

Do you really think that most of the men who built cathedrals became masons and templars?

Grim
04-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Religion just causes problems.

jane doe
04-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Do you really think that most of the men who built cathedrals became masons and templars?

masons, yes. If they weren't a mason going into the job, they became one after they developed their skills.

The master mason was the highest position on the site and was only offered to a worker with years of building experience. It was the master mason’s job to oversee the whole build, recruiting workers as necessary, keeping an eye on costs and obtaining all the building materials needed. Any mason who wished to take part in building the medieval cathedrals would be tested by the master mason himself.

Read more at Suite101: Building a Medieval Cathedral: Construction of Places of Worship in the Middle Ages (http://highmiddleages.suite101.com/article.cfm/building_a_medieval_cathedral#ixzz0leSvwakm) http://highmiddleages.suite101.com/article.cfm/building_a_medieval_cathedral#ixzz0leSvwakm (http://highmiddleages.suite101.com/article.cfm/building_a_medieval_cathedral#ixzz0leSvwakm)

templars, yes, but more instructional positions.
The Templars did have a distinct advantage however. Being an international organization, it was able to draw on the building practices of the many different nation states that supplied its personnel. The Templars were able to use the very best techniques previously employed by English, French, German and Italian castle builders, supplemented by what they very quickly learned from both adversaries and friends in the Levant..
Templarhistory.com Blog Archive Templar Architecture: Practicality and Praise (http://blog.templarhistory.com/?p=160)

I do not posess familiarity of their differences.

York Rite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/York_Rite)

BlueAngel
04-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Seriously, Janedoe.

I have no clue as to what point you are tyring to make about masons and templars and religion.

Sentrynox
04-21-2010, 07:38 AM
The word "potential" should be erased.

Why? Do you have any? It would be a sad thing to live a life without potential to realize ourself!

Public Enemy Number One
04-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Religions appear to be, wanted to be, in you.

Back, before the Roman Empire, the only real, surviving belief
seemed to be that of the Jewish Faith.

This is where, in the time of the Roman Empire,
that apparently Christianity, based on Jesus, comes from.

Prior to then, except for the Jewish, the people of the world,
went around - conquering one another, exchanging their gods together.

Somewhere, in the Roman Empire time, it was devised to bring about
a belief - that would be "up there" - with the one the Jewish people had.

Pretty-sure, it was man-made, from that time.

Prior to then, except for the Jewish people, beliefs were exchange-able.
The Jewish people were a factor to be reckoned with back then.

The religions of the world are like the countries of the world.
They stack up to one another however they do.

The above, may not be, infallible, depends when other faiths became.(?)
That's the way I notice it from history, anyway.

Whatever religions, appear to want to "instill" themselves in you.
These are fashioned after the Jewish Faith in doing so.
Was because the Jews didn't relinquish their beliefs, and "others" aspired.

The concept that I follow, is one based on - ones' self.
Have taken this back throughout "time immemorial".
Have not - come up with a "god".
Have come up with - anyone - self-exists - in themselves.
This concept - these days - is well shot.

We are being "whittled" away at, from without.
Our conscious selves, is what we have been, whittled down to.
Everything else in addition to our "conscious" selves - is being used
against us, from within, undermining us, as we be.

Whatever there is to us, that is in addition to our "conscious" selves,
is in "foreign" control - all over us - from above and beyond us - as we be.

It's so bad, they have us covered, every ping of the way.

We, ourselves, do not have anything with one another.
What we have is - common denominators - in each one of us - to we be.
Currently - our conscious selves - do not have things - anywhere in hand.
Our conscious selves - us in ourselves - look like a - dieing breed.
There's a good chance - here on this side of things - we are on our last legs.
Chances are - whatever becomes of things further - ever-more be,
is not "overly" dependant upon us.

Established - out around - wants us - away from ourselves.
Currently - we are - well away from ourselves - in we be.

This is what I think:

JESUS IS LORD! REPENT OF YOUR SINS AND ACCEPT JESUS AS LORD AND SAVIOR OR BURN IN HELLFIRE FOREVER, SCREAMING IN UNENDING AGONY AS THE DEMONS RIP OPEN YOUR STOMACH AND DEVOUR YOUR INTESTINES!! ALL OTHER RELIGIONS ARE LIES OF SATAN!!!

Grim
04-22-2010, 07:24 PM
But if we do what Satan wishes then aren't we Satans right hand people?

jane doe
04-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Why? Do you have any? It would be a sad thing to live a life without potential to realize ourself!

I am critical of the word "potential" indeed. To me it's an archaic word. As opposed to actual

Encouraging actual "being-ness" involves more than "potential". Substance, foundation...these words bear more fruit.

(off topic, here's a better phrase: "take the rag off the bush") lol
Rag off the bush, to take the « The Word Detective (http://www.word-detective.com/2010/03/04/rag-off-the-bush-to-take-the/)

FallaciesAbound
04-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Religion is the single most destructive implement man has ever devised, second only to homeopathy lol.

BlueAngel
04-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Religion is the single most destructive implement man has ever devised, second only to homeopathy lol.

Politics is the single most destructive implement that man has ever devised.

Religion is second.

FallaciesAbound
04-26-2010, 11:00 PM
They do kind of go hand in hand huh? That is one thing I have learned from being a history nut all these years.

BlueAngel
04-26-2010, 11:51 PM
They do kind of go hand in hand huh? That is one thing I have learned from being a history nut all these years.

No.

They don't go hand and hand.

If they did, they would not divide and conquer.

FallaciesAbound
04-27-2010, 08:56 AM
So there was no confluence of politics and religion during the crusades, for example? Or how about with the Islamic fundamentalists we are dealing with today?

kerry
04-27-2010, 07:18 PM
importaint for you to know
May 21, 2011 - Judgment Day!; October 21, 2011 - The End of the World (http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/index.html)

2011 will be 7000 years after noah and the flood
and the great 7th number will be compleated
a must read

superted
04-28-2010, 08:41 AM
Do you mind if I ask your age and profession Kerry? Obviously you don't have to tell me but I am just curious. Your from the States right?

kerry
04-28-2010, 08:54 AM
i am from a sister planet of your earth
on the other side of the sun
i came to your earth because i like the girls
and busting chops in earth internet forums

superted
04-28-2010, 10:05 AM
It all falls into place!

BlueAngel
04-29-2010, 09:15 PM
So there was no confluence of politics and religion during the crusades, for example? Or how about with the Islamic fundamentalists we are dealing with today?

They tried to make politics and religion one in the same, but, at present, they've failed insomuch as that which they paraded themselves to be in the name of religion; faithful to their spouse, etc. has proven, at present, to be lies.

Seriously.

Do we need to go down the list of politicians who have been scandalized with out of wedlock babies, affairs, involved in prostitution, etc.?

They are not Christians who follow the word of GOD and devote themselves to family as they pretend to adhere to, but only present themselves as such in an attempt to capture that demographic.

Just the same as the Vatican and Catholic Church who try to appear to be holier than thou to capture the religious vote, but whose priests were accused, rightly so, of sexually abusing "choir" boys.

So much for that.

The Islamic fundamentalists are about religion and not politics.

Their "religion" is their politics.

They are not one in the same.

Thank GOD there are still people on this planet who can differentiate between the two.

kerry
04-30-2010, 09:05 AM
oh but the state does knoe how to differentiate between the two
church removed from state.. no praying in school. no catholics for president
and thats because most other religions mix politics with religion.
like islam. do somthing they dont like they jihad.

superted
04-30-2010, 10:15 AM
"no catholics for president"

Huh?

kerry
04-30-2010, 01:49 PM
thats right there used to be a thing in the white house that did there best to prevent catholics from being president. this is what i mean when i post and then im told i dont know what im talking about. all they know in this from is day one they learnd how to read to today. but befor that i was there they was not. so theres a span of time no one here knows to much about.

superted
04-30-2010, 03:32 PM
What about JFK?

kerry
04-30-2010, 05:00 PM
jfk was the first catholic president
i remember that day but no one wants to know
and its not importaint.. but he was in fact the first

superted
04-30-2010, 05:16 PM
i thought you said catholics couldn't be president yet i just gave you an example

kerry sometime i just have not a clue what your on about - help me!

kerry
04-30-2010, 06:17 PM
jfk was the first catholic president
before that it was hard for a catholic to be president
remember this word.. the first

superted
04-30-2010, 06:31 PM
so what? that doesn't mean anything. he was also the FIRST to american president with the initials JFK. That does not mean that before him it was hard for men with the initials JFK to become president.

kerry
04-30-2010, 07:34 PM
http://kerrysdomain.net/doyouthinkso what? that doesn't mean anything. he was also the FIRST to american president with the initials JFK. That does not mean that before him it was hard for men with the initials JFK to become president.