PDA

View Full Version : When a Man Is A Victim of Partner Abuse

The Poet
03-22-2010, 08:06 PM
When a man is a victim of partner abuse
Filed under Commentary, Laws, Partner Abuse no comments
The US Dept. of Justice says there about 840,00 male victims of domestic violence each year.

These are just the men we know about. If thereís anything Iíve learned in 10 years of advocacy for unserved victims of partner abuse, itís that men donít tell. Some men even think that being abused is the price they have to pay for living with a beautiful/wonderful/sexy woman.

read more about men being abused by women or other partners here:

When a man is a victim of partner abuse*|*New Perspectives on Partner Abuse (http://partnerabuse.com/2010/02/16/when-a-man-is-a-victim-of-partner-abuse/)

jane doe
03-23-2010, 06:20 PM
I think domestic problems are very often unreported.

BlueAngel
03-24-2010, 04:17 AM
I think domestic problems are very often unreported.

WOW!

What insight you have.

jane doe
03-24-2010, 06:20 AM
*edited* Are you the only human who posts on this "forum" besides me?

reachless
08-12-2010, 11:13 AM
*edited* Are you the only human who posts on this "forum" besides me?

You are A human?:eek:

Brouhaha
08-12-2010, 07:04 PM
You are A human?:eek:

Possibly.

Brouhaha
08-12-2010, 07:05 PM
But in all seriousness, you would use the same set of guidelines/standards as you would with male on female abuse - be it physical, mental or emotional abuse.

jane doe
08-13-2010, 08:40 AM
But in all seriousness, you would use the same set of guidelines/standards as you would with male on female abuse - be it physical, mental or emotional abuse.

If we were who?

Brouhaha
08-15-2010, 06:33 PM
If we were who?

doesn't matter.

abuse is abuse and you use the same standard regardless of the gender of the victim and the perpetrator.

jane doe
08-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Gender does matter as do psychological traits associated with those genders. For instance, men started Playboy magazine and women contributed their images subservientally. It wasn't the other way around.

If men and women expect to be treated the same in one aspect of society, discard the differences in other aspects. Don't expect one without giving the other.

Brouhaha
08-16-2010, 08:20 AM
Gender does matter as do psychological traits associated with those genders. For instance, men started Playboy magazine and women contributed their images subservientally. It wasn't the other way around.

If men and women expect to be treated the same in one aspect of society, discard the differences in other aspects. Don't expect one without giving the other.

spousal abuse predates Playboy magazine by thousands upon thousands of years.

Besides, there is female oriented p0rnograaphy out there as well. Playgirl magazine. Chippendales dancers etc.

jane doe
08-16-2010, 09:27 AM
It is sad when those who are being abused aren't acknowledged or helped. Most help is a pill, right? And it's sick those who abuse are enabled by our culture. One shouldn't expect to be helped by anyone, but oneself.

Brouhaha
08-16-2010, 10:59 AM
It is sad when those who are being abused aren't acknowledged or helped. Most help is a pill, right? And it's sick those who abuse are enabled by our culture. One shouldn't expect to be helped by anyone, but oneself.

I would suggest that women are being enabled to abuse males spouses as it is treated as a joke in mainstream medai and the entertainment industry.

Male on female abuse is pretty much discouraged across the board by all.

jane doe
08-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Your body is like a thought. When the mind ignores the body, who else would notice it except a mirror?

BlueAngel
08-16-2010, 07:33 PM
I would suggest that women are being enabled to abuse males spouses as it is treated as a joke in mainstream medai and the entertainment industry.

Male on female abuse is pretty much discouraged across the board by all.

Your comment doesn't make any sense.

BlueAngel
08-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Your body is like a thought. When the mind ignores the body, who else would notice it except a mirror?

The same can be said for your comment, as well.

Brouhaha
08-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Your comment doesn't make any sense.

Neither does yours.

If there is something specific in my post you wish to discuss, please do so.

BlueAngel
08-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Neither does yours.

If there is something specific in my post you wish to discuss, please do so.

My post makes perfect sense in stating that your post doesn't make any sense because it doesn't.

Therefore, your post cannot be discussed, because it doesn't make any sense.

Brouhaha
08-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Are you always this argumentative on your forum?

Or do you participate in discussions?

I recommend reading my original post again as it makes perfect sense. Mainstream media and the entertainment industry make a joke of female on male abuse. No wonder men keep quiet about it.

What is so hard to understand about that?

Unless because you are female you take issue with the statement. If that is the case, then say so with a counterpoint, not a baiting post.

jane doe
08-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Watching network television is abuse.
Not reciting occasional poetry is abuse.

BlueAngel
08-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Are you always this argumentative on your forum?

Or do you participate in discussions?

I recommend reading my original post again as it makes perfect sense. Mainstream media and the entertainment industry make a joke of female on male abuse. No wonder men keep quiet about it.

What is so hard to understand about that?

Unless because you are female you take issue with the statement. If that is the case, then say so with a counterpoint, not a baiting post.

If you consider that posting a reply is argumentative and not participating in discussions, I would suggest that you are suggesting that one not post a comment and remain silent because, otherwise, you consider that the person is being argumentative.

I don't roll that way.

As I said.

Thanks for recommending that I read your post again, but I decline.

Your initial post doesn't make any sense whether I re-read it one hundred times or not.

Mainstream media and the entertainment industry DO NOT make a joke of female on male abuse and that is the reason that men keep quiet about it.

Are you always this argumentative?