PDA

View Full Version : Religion and supernatural deities

superted
04-15-2010, 08:06 AM
The biggest conspiracy of all time!

There is no god, allah, etc etc. There is nothing in this world except what can be seen and what can be measured!

At one point religion was useful as humans have a natural tendency to question the world around them. Thousands, even hundreds of years ago when men took stock of the world around him, such as Isaac Newton, they only had supernatural explanations - why? Because they fitted best into the known science (natural philosophy) of the time. Now today we can explain lots of the workings of the universe, so religion is defunct.

Why do people spend huge amounts of money and more importantly their time worshipping a make believe man in the sky?

Think about it!

Grim
04-15-2010, 09:02 AM
I'll agree with you on that one.

But religion can be a good thing also with certain people.

Gives people a more relaxed time in life knowing that they'll go somewhere after death.

I think it's more of a personal thing then a mass infection.

superted
04-15-2010, 02:24 PM
I also agree with you Grim, I want to bring up my future children in the religion of my community. It is a good moral basis and the stories explain it in a coherent and understandable way. It is also an excellent way to explain to children right from wrong and what happens when you die. I think a child should not be told that there's really not point in life but to eat, sleep and procreate until the day you die.

Grim
04-15-2010, 03:47 PM
I mean I don't believe in the whole God thing.

But I think people make their own choices and it's up to them, not society.

Public Enemy Number One
04-22-2010, 12:57 PM
The biggest conspiracy of all time!

There is no god, allah, etc etc. There is nothing in this world except what can be seen and what can be measured!

At one point religion was useful as humans have a natural tendency to question the world around them. Thousands, even hundreds of years ago when men took stock of the world around him, such as Isaac Newton, they only had supernatural explanations - why? Because they fitted best into the known science (natural philosophy) of the time. Now today we can explain lots of the workings of the universe, so religion is defunct.

Why do people spend huge amounts of money and more importantly their time worshipping a make believe man in the sky?

Think about it!

Wave hi to Satan when you find yourself burning in the hottest, deepest pit of Hell. I will laugh at you in your agony..

superted
04-22-2010, 01:08 PM
You make me laugh out loud so very hard!! I shall wave hi to satan! I like the heat though, you know! I spend lots of time in the sauna!

Public Enemy Number One
04-22-2010, 01:11 PM
You make me laugh out loud so very hard!! I shall wave hi to satan! I like the heat though, you know! I spend lots of time in the sauna!

You won't like it when Satan cornholes you, homo.

superted
04-22-2010, 01:14 PM
cornholes? what does that mean?

Public Enemy Number One
04-22-2010, 01:15 PM
cornholes? what does that mean?

HA HA HA..You know Lib..But then I think you would like it.

Caleb
05-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Wave hi to Satan when you find yourself burning in the hottest, deepest pit of Hell. I will laugh at you in your agony..

Wow that doesn’t seem like something Jesus would say. Judge not, less ye be judged, or some other some such. Like your going to heaven and going to be hanging out with big G laughing at the demise of befell enities he(she) "Created"?!?! Come on! This is a very interesting theory and is becoming (seemingly) very popular consensus as technology is growing and science seems to be able to provide so many answers. In retort and as in correlation with, it would seem that this sentiment would be very hard for the human mind to fathom. As we in our limited capacity (me especially) cannot comprehend the likes of infinity much less (literally) the concept of "un-life". Maybe when we die we become anti-matter versions of ourselves in an antimatter alternate reality. Maybe life is inverted interdimensionally as we know. I find all theories combined interesting and applicable depending on the individual.

kerry
05-08-2010, 03:48 PM
then you all believe we all started from mud slime
so how did the mud slime get here
watch out for the fog

Caleb
05-08-2010, 03:53 PM
then you all believe we all started from mud slime
so how did the mud slime get here
watch out for the fog

Um...as you may know, cosmology and geology take a MEGA-long time to occur even on the smallest of scales. Who knows really? I do know that you don know. I also know that I do not know. As I am not several million (billion) years old

superted
05-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Yea like Caleb says Kerry, no body knows how we got here. You say a christian god, Caleb says a non-christian deity that is called god (strange).

I like to take the stance of Occam's Razor, the simplest explanation is that the first cell just randomly arranged itself in the earth's ocean a loooonnngggg time ago.

Where the universe came from - you ask? Well christ knows! But it sure as shit wasn't any supernatural deity!

Caleb
05-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Yea like Caleb says Kerry, no body knows how we got here. You say a christian god, Caleb says a non-christian deity that is called god (strange).

I like to take the stance of Occam's Razor, the simplest explanation is that the first cell just randomly arranged itself in the earth's ocean a loooonnngggg time ago.

Where the universe came from - you ask? Well christ knows! But it sure as shit wasn't any supernatural deity!

Lets not say, "sure as shit" as we can not be. Let be smart here and stay with, " I don't know". Occam's Razor is supremely intresting in theory. Also, I use the term "god" because it is a lot easier and faster to type then ,"non-christian deity that is called god"! LOL :D

superted
05-08-2010, 06:56 PM
I think you misunderstand me Caleb. My issue is that you define yourself as non-christian, you said so yourself. Christians believe that their supernatural deity is called 'God'. My point being that I find it strange that you call your supernatural deity 'God' too, I mean you could call it anything, any chain of letters, yet you decide to call your supernatural deity the exact same name as christians.

Seems pretty obvious that your a wanna be christian!!! or as I said before, your one of those that wants to believe in a christian god, but only the easy bits you want to believe.

Of course we can't be 'sure as shit'. That line was a joke, but a joke with meaning. Like I said before, Occam's Razor. Two explanations, either we are here totally by random OR there's some dude out there that created us, he can totally break and shatter the rules of physics and do whatever he wants. Hmmmmm, somehow Occam would assume that we were here by random!!!!

Oh and before you say, "if we're here by random, where did it all begin?" Well no body knows, and a supernatural deity isn't the answer either as they also need a beginning, who created the supernatural deity? why is the supernatural deity here? and so on!

Science cannot explain everything, but it can explain an awful lot more than religion ever can!

kerry
05-08-2010, 07:01 PM

our brain is nuthing but a central nervous system. so is yours.. so where does the understanding come from to try to find out how we started

superted
05-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Kerry, kerry, kerry...another useless statement. I'm not even sure what your really trying to get at....

Are you trying to prove there's a god simply by stating that we question where we might have come from? How about the fact that it is just plain commonsense to wonder where it all began. I would pay any price to know, but to 'assume' it was a supernatural deity is just weak. Now don't get me wrong, it could be a supernatural deity, it's just not very likely!

Caleb
05-08-2010, 08:51 PM
I think you misunderstand me Caleb. My issue is that you define yourself as non-christian, you said so yourself. Christians believe that their supernatural deity is called 'God'. My point being that I find it strange that you call your supernatural deity 'God' too, I mean you could call it anything, any chain of letters, yet you decide to call your supernatural deity the exact same name as christians.

Seems pretty obvious that your a wanna be christian!!! or as I said before, your one of those that wants to believe in a christian god, but only the easy bits you want to believe.

Of course we can't be 'sure as shit'. That line was a joke, but a joke with meaning. Like I said before, Occam's Razor. Two explanations, either we are here totally by random OR there's some dude out there that created us, he can totally break and shatter the rules of physics and do whatever he wants. Hmmmmm, somehow Occam would assume that we were here by random!!!!

Oh and before you say, "if we're here by random, where did it all begin?" Well no body knows, and a supernatural deity isn't the answer either as they also need a beginning, who created the supernatural deity? why is the supernatural deity here? and so on!

Science cannot explain everything, but it can explain an awful lot more than religion ever can!

The misunderstanding is the fact that you seem to no get that I agree with 95% of what your saying. I just find it more likely that there may be some type of greater being out there that "conceived" us to some extent. God as a word is like house as a word, you may call it what you like, it is merely a pronoun of some sort. In conclusion, there are a lot of things I want to be, but defined is not even close to being one of these things.

superted
05-09-2010, 03:03 AM
Alright Caleb you stay 'undefined'.....wtf?

Merely a pronoun of some sort? lol! If what your saying is the truth then 'deity' is much more appropriate. Takes away a lot of confusion on your part and is only 2 letters more!

And here's a pertinent question for you. You mentioned in an almost supercilious tone that I would be lonely at the end. Right ok...again you've mentioned your not a christian or even close. Surely you'll be just as lonely as me? Or in your strange belief do you assume there's a heaven? It is called heaven? Believing that a deity created the universe is one thing, but that there's an afterlife....where's your proof? You have no ancient texts!

The funny thing is, as I unravel your nonsense it is becoming more and more clear you have totally just made up your own bespoke deity. It's pretty pathetic Caleb! At least when christians are on their death beds they can be sure over 2billion people agree with them. You though? Perhaps your 'faith' will waver when you realise its all made up and your the only one that believes it! LOL

And the reason why you've made it up, like I said before it's because your life must suck! If the here and now was all you had to look forward to then you wouldn't manage to get out of bed in the morning?

cbluemagica
05-09-2010, 05:13 AM
Wow. how boring. measure and sight. numbers and math. no magic? no super naturale entities? blaspheme. you talk far to freely superted. but its not your fault your brainwashed. i suggest a cold dagger through your heart on 6ftx6ft star circle would perhaps Enlighten you to higher educate your readers... if you survive the experiance ofcourse.

superted
05-09-2010, 05:21 AM
HA me brainwashed!!! That is very possibly the funniest thing I've ever heard!

Your so brainwashed by a fairytale book that you believe in talking snakes, living in a whales stomach for days, magic and such. Also you think scientists all over the world create, hide and then find made up fossils...your not brainwashed....your INSANE!

cbluemagica
05-09-2010, 05:40 AM
HA me brainwashed!!! That is very possibly the funniest thing I've ever heard!

Your so brainwashed by a fairytale book that you believe in talking snakes, living in a whales stomach for days, magic and such. Also you think scientists all over the world create, hide and then find made up fossils...your not brainwashed....your INSANE!

how easy was it for me to brainwash you? to easy. ive only been on this website for a few hours, and allready i have subliminally convinced you to have done your homework on me. now you hang on my everyword. as if to do battle with them. but you will fall victim as a cogwheel in the greater design of my master piece. the following and worship of me! you ted are bareing witness to the birth of a new religion. as if by mirracle you will be acredited to historicle reffrence as partaking in my invention. again... thanks ted! - the A.C.

superted
05-09-2010, 05:45 AM
I really do not understand why this site, about conspiracies, attracts so many crazy christians!! What is it about believing in crazy far out conspiracies and bible stories.....hmmmm.

bluemagic - i hope you get better soon

cbluemagica
05-09-2010, 06:06 AM
I really do not understand why this site, about conspiracies, attracts so many crazy christians!! What is it about believing in crazy far out conspiracies and bible stories.....hmmmm.

bluemagic - i hope you get better soon

my name is cbluemagica(its a riddle!). i type and talk subliminally. but you dont hear me. you fail to read what i have written. widen your reception. as in time i will make believer of you and all else that gaze eyes upon me. i weild in my arsenal the greatest secret ability of all time! the power to controll the world. youll see soon enough. on tv infact. i am real! believe in me.

kerry
05-09-2010, 12:02 PM
i dont believe anyone can controll mi mind
but they tried to. and faild. because i am to stubren
they expose me to things i see on the street to attitudes to things i am ment to hear. in a way so they have to know what i am thinking after they put it in my mind. when im walking they stay in front of me with there body language. things like that. th make me think of what they want me to think of. in a attempt to change my attitudes my behavour my habits. this is how they are controlling peoples minds. by traping you in a envirinment they made just for you. where you go where you live where you work. to make sure you dont escape them. and they are constaintly trying hard to see to it that you dont get away from there influence. for fear of looseing controll over you

Caleb
05-09-2010, 05:16 PM
[quote=superted;67349]Alright Caleb you stay 'undefined'.....wtf?

Jeez man(woman) you are just being a arrogant dick to me now. I in no way insulted you to the point, or at all. I came on this site to read and reply, not get in to a pissing battle with some pseudo-intellectual. You have instantly lost all validity and my interest. This site is more about people assuming they know you and talking shit then it is about the topic themselves.

superted
05-09-2010, 05:26 PM
"You have instantly lost all validity and my interest."

Why, because I hit the nail on the head?

superted
05-09-2010, 05:31 PM
"This site is more about people assuming they know you and talking shit then it is about the topic themselves."

I am quite sure this is the 'Religion and supernatural deity' thread and we are talking about supernatural deities....

Caleb
05-09-2010, 05:41 PM
[quote=superted;67405]"This site is more about people assuming they know you and talking shit then it is about the topic themselves."

As usual you don't get the point; you are more insulting then interesting and useful here. Now, I am done with you, leave me be and don't waist anymore of your time.

superted
05-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Oh because I disagree with your view? You come onto a forum to discuss things, not tout statements and assume everyone will bow down and agree at the feet of Caleb!