PDA

View Full Version : Government Seeks to Track Children's Body Mass

BlueAngel
05-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Section 101 of the bill amends the Public Health Services Act by stating that health care providers must record the Body Mass Index of all children ages 2 through 18. “The provision relates to all children in states that accept grants under the bill,” a spokesperson for Rep. Kind told CNSNews.com. “However, it is important to note that no one is forced to come in for a doctor’s visit to get their BMI tested. BMI will be taken at times when the child makes an otherwise scheduled doctor’s visit.”

Government Seeks to Track Body Mass of Children | NewsReal Blog (http://www.newsrealblog.com/2010/05/15/government-seeks-to-track-body-mass-of-children/)

Don't you love the doublespeak?

Children will not be forced to make an appointment with their doctor to have their BMI tested, but it will be tested during an otherwise scheduled doctor's visit.

superted
05-18-2010, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't call that doublespeak. It clearly states that no one will be forced, if you don't want to then don't go and see the doctor.

BlueAngel
05-18-2010, 05:43 PM
I wouldn't call that doublespeak. It clearly states that no one will be forced, if you don't want to then don't go and see the doctor.

You might not call it doublespeak, but I do.