PDA

View Full Version : 9 things I hate about you

Ou812
09-09-2005, 08:51 AM
1. People who point at their wrist while asking for the time.... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their ass to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually...

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too." Damn right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look." Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they? Gonna Kick their asses!

5. When people say while watching a film "did you see that?". No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor.

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?".... Didn't really give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

7. When something is 'new and improved!'. Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it, couldn't be new.

8. When people say "life is short." What the hell?? Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever does!! What can you do that's longer?

9. When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks "Has the bus come yet?". If the bus came would I be standing here, dumbass?

09-09-2005, 09:00 AM
"Life is short," :lol: don't waste your time hating people!!!

09-09-2005, 09:09 AM
!!

Ou812
09-09-2005, 09:17 AM
It's called humor!

09-09-2005, 09:51 AM
Did you catch the pun in my post? That's called humor, too!!

Did you laugh???

:lol: 8-) :lol: 8-) :lol: 8-) :lol:

8-) :-o 8-) :-o 8-) :-o 8-) :-?

Bouncer
09-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Or when you ask someone, "Hey, what's Jim's last name?" and they say, "Jim who?"

Or, or when someone comes up to you, points at your newspaper, and asks, "Are you reading this?"
"No, if I were reading it you would see me holding it up to my face, right?"

Thumper
09-09-2005, 11:56 AM
what the hell

Bouncer
09-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Interesting signature, Thumper: is that William Blake?
Ya know, therez things that I really appreciate, too: like when someone lets me slip in front of her at the supermarket because she has a full cart and all I have are a few items. Or when someone takes the time to chat a little, using full sentences instead of grunts and suspicious looks!

09-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Thumper wrote:
what the hell

Ditto!!

igwt
09-10-2005, 01:23 AM
:lol:

Thumper
09-10-2005, 02:18 AM
Bouncer wrote:
Interesting signature, Thumper: is that William Blake?
Ya know, therez things that I really appreciate, too: like when someone lets me slip in front of her at the supermarket because she has a full cart and all I have are a few items. Or when someone takes the time to chat a little, using full sentences instead of grunts and suspicious looks!

I think it's an old hymn. I got it from a Radio Liberty newsletter. Here's the whole thing:

"Back of all that foes have plotted,
Back of all that Saints have planned,
Back of schemes by men or demons
Moves a higher, hidden hand. . . .
Mysteries which hurt and baffle,
Past our power to understand
In the end are turned to blessing
By the Sovereign Hidden Hand.
Though the cause of evil prosper
Yet 'tis truth alone is strong;
Though her portion be the scaffold
And upon the throne be wrong.
Yet that scaffold sways the future,
And behind the dim unknown,
Standeth God within the shadow,
Keeping watch above his own. [33]

:-P :-P

http://www.radioliberty.com/nlmar03.html

freeman
09-10-2005, 06:58 AM
I believe those are actually two separate verses, Thumper, the first written by Arthur T. Pierson, and the second is actually a stanza from the old hymn This Present Danger by Russell Lowell.

Draken
09-10-2005, 03:09 PM
It was a long time ago I laughed out loud reading on CC!!!

Thanks for that inititial post ou812!

So, you like VH? ;-)