PDA

View Full Version : wait..............so who can we trust?

MOrbid_Desire
12-24-2010, 05:27 PM
I happened to stumble upon this forum as i was researching different media personalities and it seems to me that there is not one person in the alternative media that has been discredited or demonised in one way or another.
Whether they've been called a zionist shill, or disinfo agent, gov. agent etc, it certainly seems as though people who are genuinely seeking the truth have to wade through a minefield to find out who can or can't be trusted.

I think all of us need to be cautious and not simply accept what anyone says even if they do present themselves as genuine truth seekers, but do our own research before we accept anything as truth and until we can back up what they say through our own research.

What are your thoughts?

iHIMself™
12-26-2010, 06:53 AM
Just because someone is searching for the truth, doesn't mean they've actually found it.

Here is a very good quote, from a professor, can't remember who, but one from the bob brown / holy blood, holy grail documentaries.......

'I neither believe, nor disbelieve....I either know, or don't know'.

I like that saying. In essence, it doesn't matter what you believe. It's what you are certain of. What you know to be true.

I agree, you should always do your own research...but most of what you will see, is others works, not your own.

So, if you live by the rule...it's either you know, or don't know.....you come to realise onegreat thing.....you don't KNOW shit.

The REAL truth...........the ONLY truth....is inside you

theconspiracist
12-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Just because someone is searching for the truth, doesn't mean they've actually found it.

Here is a very good quote, from a professor, can't remember who, but one from the bob brown / holy blood, holy grail documentaries.......

'I neither believe, nor disbelieve....I either know, or don't know'.

I like that saying. In essence, it doesn't matter what you believe. It's what you are certain of. What you know to be true.

I agree, you should always do your own research...but most of what you will see, is others works, not your own.

So, if you live by the rule...it's either you know, or don't know.....you come to realise onegreat thing.....you don't KNOW shit.

The REAL truth...........the ONLY truth....is inside you

I agree, and that is very distinctive the way you put that. Very good!:)

MOrbid_Desire
12-26-2010, 07:04 PM
In essence, it doesn't matter what you believe. It's what you are certain of. What you know to be true.

Naturally everything that you read or hear will be the works of others, but i think when its a matter of discerning fact from fiction, one has to look for the evidence or proof of any claim, and when it is found we can in fact be certain that was has been asserted is in fact the truth.

BlueAngel
12-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Sorry, but, I nor anyone else can tell you whom you can trust.

That is something you must ascertain for yourself.

MOrbid_Desire
12-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Sorry, but, I nor anyone else can tell you whom you can trust.

That is something you must ascertain for yourself.

The question i posed was merely rhetorical, i am fully aware that one must "ascertain" for themselves the answer to this question. I did not expect somebody to reply saying "Well i believe so and so is entirely trustworthy and speaks the undeniable truth" so therefore you should believe eveything he says, that of course is just blatant naivety.

BlueAngel
12-26-2010, 08:59 PM
The question i posed was merely rhetorical, i am fully aware that one must "ascertain" for themselves the answer to this question. I did not expect somebody to reply saying "Well i believe so and so is entirely trustworthy and speaks the undeniable truth" so therefore you should believe eveything he says, that of course is just blatant naivety.

So, then what did you expect as an answer to your rehtorical question?

MOrbid_Desire
12-26-2010, 09:21 PM
The reason i started this thread was to provoke a discussion into why people will believe or put so much faith into what the alternative media personalities have to say, and on what basis are they to be believed.

As the previous poster stated, Just because someone claims to be a truth seeker, it doesnt mean that they are genuinely seeking the truth.

BlueAngel
12-26-2010, 09:22 PM
The reason i started this thread was to provoke a discussion into why people will believe or put so much faith into what the alternative media personalities have to say, and on what basis are they to be believed.

As the previous poster stated, Just because someone claims to be a truth seeker, it doesnt mean that they are genuinely seeking the truth.

What alternative media personalities?

MOrbid_Desire
12-26-2010, 09:33 PM
What alternative media personalities?

You know, all the ones in which people put so much faith into, when it comes to exposing the NWO,Globalists,Illumiati, etc etc, guys like Alex Jones, Jeff Rense, Texe Marrs.

Although i do agree that alot of these guys have been totally corrupted by money and power and so we need to be eternally vigilant and not merely accept what they say as the absolute truth.

BlueAngel
12-26-2010, 09:36 PM
You know, all the ones in which people put so much faith into, when it comes to exposing the NWO,Globalists,Illumiati, etc etc, guys like Alex Jones, Jeff Rense, Texe Marrs.

Although i do agree that alot of these guys have been totally corrupted by money and power and so we need to be eternally vigilant and not merely accept what they say as the absolute truth.

You won't find many people on this forum whom put any faith into the alternative media personalities that you've mentioned.

MOrbid_Desire
12-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Yes i've noticed, but would you agree that those that ive mentioned and others do speak a certain amount of truth and do expose the government,mass media lies, but undoubtedly within this truth,there is also a mixture of lies an disinfo.

So if we just learn to separate truth for disinfo/lies, we are still able to rely on them for providing us with genuine information.

Critical thinking certainly helps in any case.

BlueAngel
12-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Yes i've noticed, but would you agree that those that ive mentioned and others do speak a certain amount of truth and do expose the government,mass media lies, but undoubtedly within this truth,there is also a mixture of lies an disinfo.

So if we just learn to separate truth for disinfo/lies, we are still able to rely on them for providing us with genuine information.

Critical thinking certainly helps in any case.

Yeah.

Let me listen to Alex Jones and learn to separate the truth from the fiction.

Is there a class I can take?

You know.

So I can learn to separate the truth from the fiction so then I can rely on THEM for providing genuine information?

Your post is contradictory.

(i.e., doesn't make any sense).

MOrbid_Desire
12-26-2010, 09:59 PM
So are you implying that EVERYTHING Alex Jones says is disinfo or lies?. I understand that ALOT of what he says is in fact just that but if you are knowledgable about whats going on , surely you can seprate the wheat from the chaff.

BlueAngel
12-26-2010, 10:27 PM
So are you implying that EVERYTHING Alex Jones says is disinfo or lies?. I understand that ALOT of what he says is in fact just that but if you are knowledgable about whats going on , surely you can seprate the wheat from the chaff.

I never said that everything Alex Jones says is disinformation or lies.

I SAID.

And, I REPEAT.

Pay attention.

He mixes a little bit of truth with a whole lot of fiction.

Are we clear?

Or, do I need to clarify again?

Surely, I can separate the wheat from the chaff, and, as evidenced on this forum, I do so when it is necessary.

However, it is not my life's goal to make it my business to follow every word that spews out of the mouth of Alex Jones and comment on same.

Capice?

MOrbid_Desire
12-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Yes i am clear, i just wasnt sure that was what you implied.

And yes i agree, I certainly dont go through life clinging on to the every words of Alex Jones or others, expecting to be AWAKENED, true awakening comes from the individual themselves, being able to think for themselves without total reliance on the opinions of others to form their own opinions.

Anyway, this has been an interesting discussion, and i appreciate your input, and to be clear, there is no hostility on my part, i hope you feel the same way.

BlueAngel
12-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Yes i am clear, i just wasnt sure that was what you implied.

And yes i agree, I certainly dont go through life clinging on to the every words of Alex Jones or others, expecting to be AWAKENED, true awakening comes from the individual themselves, being able to think for themselves without total reliance on the opinions of others to form their own opinions.

Anyway, this has been an interesting discussion, and i appreciate your input, and to be clear, there is no hostility on my part, i hope you feel the same way.

To be clear, you are banned.