PDA

View Full Version : Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Get Saved......

Barbara
11-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Just When You Thought It
Was Safe To Get Saved...
www.breitbart.com
11-1-5

Texas Pastor Electrocuted During Baptism

WACO, Texas - A pastor performing a baptism was electrocuted inside his church Sunday morning after grabbing a microphone while partially submerged, a church employee said.

The Rev. Kyle Lake, 33, was standing in water up to his shoulder in a baptismal at University Baptist Church when he was electrocuted, said Jamie Dudley, a church business administrator and wife of another pastor there.

Doctors in the congregation performed chest compressions for 40 minutes before Lake was taken to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center, Dudley said. Police said they weren't called and the hospital referred calls to the church.

The woman Lake was baptizing was not injured, Dudley said.

Pastors at University Baptist Church routinely use a microphone during baptisms, Dudley said.

"He was grabbing the microphone so everyone could hear," Dudley said. "It's the only way you can be loud enough."

About 800 people attended the morning service, which was larger than normal because it was homecoming weekend at nearby Baylor University, Dudley said.

Lake, who had a wife and three children, had been at the church for nine years, the last seven as pastor, Dudley said.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/30/D8DIM630N.html

Pastor & Parishoner Perish In Baptismal Waters
10-30-5
By Shaun Smillie

SOUTH AFRICA - A pastor and the man he was baptising both drowned when they slipped into a rock pool during the ceremony.

The pastor was performing a baptism on the last of a group of 15 members of the Jerusalem Apostolic Church when the rocky river bed he was standing on gave way, causing both men to fall into a deep pool enclosed by a steep ravine.

The tragedy happened just after sunrise, yesterday.

"Both men appeared to have panicked and then drowned, said police spokesperson Superintendent Eugene Opperman.

Police divers were called in after church members failed to rescue the two victims.

http://www.thestar.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=129&fArticleId=2973733

Insider
11-02-2005, 01:57 PM
I wonder if Michael has thought of being baptized.

11-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Insider wrote:
I wonder if Michael has thought of being baptized.

I wonder...it's a strong possibility. He might have even done so.

Insider
11-02-2005, 02:05 PM
But alas no electricity was involved I trust. Just the acquisition of great and profound knowledge.

11-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Insider wrote:
But alas no electricity was involved I trust. Just the acquisition of great and profound knowledge.

No, when Michael was baptized it was at about 3 o'clock in the morning. The pastor forgot to leave the heater on and it was the middle of winter.

So, Michael died in the Spirit, and was raised with Christ. However, Michael almost died physically of hypothermic shock.

Insider
11-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Sad!

11-02-2005, 02:16 PM
Insider wrote:
Sad!

You know, looking back on it, Michael might have actually died physically and spiritually that night. Can't really be sure.

Maybe the Lord figured that as long as I was being raised from the dead, he might as well let me experience what it's like to die in every way.

I don't know. But it was cold down there.

nohope187
11-02-2005, 02:16 PM
Fuck baptism, if thief on the cross got by without it, so can everyone else.

Insider
11-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Cold, Cold, Indrid Cold?

11-02-2005, 02:23 PM
nohope187 wrote:
Fuck baptism, if thief on the cross got by without it, so can everyone else.

No, just the thief on the cross.

Insider
11-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Don't you know Indrid Cold, if not why not.

11-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Insider wrote:
Don't you know Indrid Cold, if not why not.

Nah-uhh. What's that. I don't know it because it doesn't sound like something I care about knowing.

But, I might know it if I bothered to look it up. But it's so nice outside today that I don't feel like looking it up.

So what does that mean...huh?

Insider
11-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Oh, don't believe the web, Indrid is much more interesting than that. Just a modernization of the name. Cold, well yes.

11-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Insider wrote:
Oh, don't believe the web, Indrid is much more interesting than that. Just a modernization of the name. Cold, well yes.

Ok. So what? What does that have to do with me?

Insider
11-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Nothing, yet. Cold times they are a coming.

Insider
11-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Michael, Michael, Michael, (thrice) you smoke too fast. Try taking it easy or smoking more.

LaDominio
11-02-2005, 02:55 PM
I wouldnt say 'cold' exactly...

Id say bloody and dark

Grime and Sin

Lust and Hate

Death and sex

If Cold means hell-on-earth, you are right.

Insider
11-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Cold is cold, we only experience cold as a physical condition. I know of no more. Michael will explain.

Insider
11-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Michael, Michael, Michael, explain the Bible to us before you pass into smoke from within.

11-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Insider wrote:
Cold is cold, we only experience cold as a physical condition. I know of no more. Michael will explain.

Oh..I understand now. You're talking about the second law of thermodynamics. Well, true, yes. However, you're aware that in space itself there is no 'hot' or 'cold'. Hot and cold are fuctions of matter and mass

But seriously, one thing I don't understand is why people are so against coffee these days. It's delicious.

Insider
11-02-2005, 03:16 PM
I like coffee, but I think you like it more. Cold, Cold, Cold only exists as an expression of matter and mass. That is the point of Indrid. Good. Now give us your thoughts on the hexagon.

LaDominio
11-02-2005, 03:17 PM
mihai_bravu wrote:
But seriously, one thing I don't understand is why people are so against coffee these days. It's delicious.

Not in my country :-(

Insider
11-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Michael, Michael, Michael, you were not gone for very long. Another smoke.

Insider
11-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Hurry, hurry.

11-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Insider wrote:
I like coffee, but I think you like it more. Cold, Cold, Cold only exists as an expression of matter and mass. That is the point of Indrid. Good. Now give us your thoughts on the hexagon.

It is a geometrical shape with six sides. It is also the number of man.

Who cares?

Insider
11-02-2005, 03:43 PM
We need no forum, for Michael, Michael, Michael has solved all things by his wisdom. It is over.

11-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Insider wrote:
We need no forum, for Michael, Michael, Michael has solved all things by his wisdom. It is over.

I didn't do anything. I'm just an idiot. Seriously, take a look at any Fool on any Tarot Card and you'll have a pretty good picture of me.

Insider
11-02-2005, 04:03 PM
You underrate your accomplishments. Look at how much time we have waste here. Aleister would be proud.

11-02-2005, 04:17 PM
Insider wrote:
You underrate your accomplishments. Look at how much time we have waste here. Aleister would be proud.

I think that 'waisting time' is a symptom of humanity's subconscious realization that death is a reality.

Therefore, everyone wants to 'hurry up' and live.

It was not so in the beginning. In fact, God gave adam and Eve a few amusements with which to occupy themselves, and they had the rest of eternity to waste their time.

Progression, evolution, and all other akin concepts are simply the result of man's fallen nature.

All things will happen as they happen. No need to be hasty. There is no possibility of wasting time in this world.

All the ants doing the bidding of the Man in the cubicles today are 'wasting' their time trying to get rich in this world of vain riches.

Me, I'm just drinking coffee, eating cookies and smoking -- wasting my time.

11-02-2005, 04:49 PM
What I'm saying is this:
You speak of religion like it's fact, like it's prooven doctrine. It's not. Some people don't believe the same thing.
It's fine if someone wants to believe in a given religion (and that goes for ANY religion, not just the Christian one). It only becomes a problem when one religion takes up a seat of political power and tries to shape and mold laws on policies based on that specific religious doctrine or belief. That's when it becomes a problem. A muslim, or a hindu, or an atheist, can't be expected to live under the 10 commandments or under christian values/morals, just like a christian can't be expected to live under, lets say for example, islamic values/morals. Which is why religion MUST STAY OUT OF POLITICS. It's not fair to everyone.
I'm not saying kids shouldn't be allowed to pray in school. They can pray to themselves, or amoung other kids who have the same faith, during recess or between classes. But it's not appropriate to make it a mandatory part of class for all kids to pledge allegiance under god, considering some kids don't believe in god, or don't believe in the same god, or have a different interpretation of god, or maybe even believes in a goddess instead. As much as it pains you to admit it, America is a multi-cultural society. Religion isn't prooven, it's a personal belief system. Hince it has no place in politics. Politics affect everyone.
And then you have those who wanna claim victim status to discrimination because Christians aren't given special rights to force their religion onto others. That's kinda like the NAZI german citizens thinking they are the victims of the jews, because the jews refuse to sit back and be subjugated or oppressed. America isn't no more Christian than it is atheist, muslim, hindu, pagan, buddhist, or anything else. It's in the second ammendments. Once again, religion isn't a prooven fact, it's a belief held by some (the majority, but that doesn't change the fact that thousands of ppl of other faiths or beliefs do live here, and deserve equal recognition and respect).

11-02-2005, 04:51 PM
sorry, wrong post... Stupid site messed up somewhere.

11-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Snake13 wrote:
sorry, wrong post... Stupid site messed up somewhere.

Why?

igwt
11-02-2005, 09:36 PM
How come some of the posts on this thread are, "member_anonymous" and yet this feature was removed recently?

Forget it I just realized :lol:

Insider
11-02-2005, 09:41 PM
I hope what you realized is true.

igwt
11-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Insider wrote:
I hope what you realized is true.

All the posts by a certain individual and the nick are gone.

Insider
11-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Knock on wood and look at europe's 1st pyramid.