PDA

View Full Version : Internet Access...Whats Your Type And What Does It Cost?

truebeliever
02-27-2005, 03:06 AM
I'm interested in knowing what forms of internet access are available around the world and how much they cost.

Here in West Oz we've just got Broadband 2 available through one company...IINet...who I HIGHLY recommend.

I get 800k download and 100k upload for $49.95 Oz dollars with their phone plan.

Interested in what plans are available in your neck of the woods?

Brendon

rangergord
02-27-2005, 06:17 AM
I live in the middle of nowhere, only dialup available. Some people waste my time with avatars and sigs when I don't have a way to buy around it ...

Fourteen Ninty Five

nomad
02-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Take a trip to Korea or Japan, and you will immediately have a new appreciation for the definition of broadband.

There, it is not uncommon for a consumer's Internet connection to breathe a blazingly fast 10-plus megabits per second.

In Japan, Yahoo BB goes a step further, trumpeting a full 45-megabits-per-second offering for a cool $37 per month (about 3,892 yen).

marypopinz
02-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Broadband - don't know the details - quite fast.

$50.00

truebeliever
02-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Gawd...the powers of a dense population. Australia should be grateful.

Currently the record here is 800k or 8 megabits. Only just installed. Dont exactly know what to use it for.

nohope187
02-27-2005, 08:13 PM
dial-up: Netscape or Netzero, $10 a month. watching video clips waiting for the buffer to kick in is a bitch, though. :evil:

Mawashi
02-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Nomad,
I know what you mean about Japan and Korea. We're not connected at home at the moment, but at our previous place here in Osaka we had a 24-Mbps connection, though it's not always that fast. Still, not too shabby. Waiting for approval from the evil empire that is NTT for an ADSL line in our new place, but it isn't looking good since those monopolistic bastards are trying to force everyone to hook up to their fibre-optic system instead. Nothing against fiber optics, but not at NTT's extortionate prices.

truebeliever
02-27-2005, 11:52 PM
Heh Mawashi! Konechiwa Yokozo Irishae masea?

Yeh yeh...needs some work.

Yeh the Japs get a fast connection. Thats what you get with 180 million jammed so tight.

As for you poor dial ups...i'm trying to keep the clip size small.

Surely the land of the free has a huge infrastructure...i hear Gore was seen digging the optic fibre internet trenches himself. :-D

Bet Bush has fast ADSL on the ranch.

Mawashi
02-28-2005, 01:09 AM
Thanks TB. You're getting better, mate :-D