PDA

View Full Version : Mason Expose'

Jabrien
04-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Expose your Masonic Sects here so we can raise awareness.

http://www.coloradomasons.org/centuriondylt195/

This is the lodge in Monument, Colorado. The town's population is around 7,000-10,000.

KSigMason
10-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Yes, get the word out. They are a great organization!

The Idaho State Historical Society had from Memorial Day to Labor Day an entire exhibit on the Freemasons and their concordant bodies. All the bodies gave as much as they could and it turned out great. I was very amazed by it.

BlueAngel
12-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Yes, get the word out. They are a great organization!

The Idaho State Historical Society had from Memorial Day to Labor Day an entire exhibit on the Freemasons and their concordant bodies. All the bodies gave as much as they could and it turned out great. I was very amazed by it.

Well, Mr. Worshipful Master, we are so thrilled that you were amazed.

Now, go back to the LODGE so you can receive some worshipful mastering.

simplyamason
12-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Well, Mr. Worshipful Master, we are so thrilled that you were amazed.

Now, go back to the LODGE so you can receive some worshipful mastering.

Im sure you've already heard this but it bears repeating; No one or nothing is worshiped in a Masonic Lodge. The term Worshipful Master comes from an old English term, sometimes still used there today, which is a title of respect for someone in a position of authority.

BlueAngel
12-15-2008, 08:53 PM
Im sure you've already heard this but it bears repeating; No one or nothing is worshiped in a Masonic Lodge. The term Worshipful Master comes from an old English term, sometimes still used there today, which is a title of respect for someone in a position of authority.

It didn't bear repeating.

The title WORSHIPFUL MASTER is ODD/bizarre/weird no matter from where it is derived.

There are so many other ways to refer to someone to show respect and WORSHIPFUL MASTER, in my opinion, is at the end of the list and, in fact, shouldn't even be on the list.

Oh, those darn English and their titles.

Now run along.

KSigMason
12-15-2008, 11:40 PM
I've explained this to them in full, but it bounces of them.

The title WORSHIPFUL MASTER is ODD/bizarre/weird no matter from where it is derived.
Doesn't mean there's something wrong with it though.

BlueAngel
12-15-2008, 11:45 PM

Doesn't mean there's something wrong with it though.

You're wasting your time.

No one here is interested in your explanations as far as I can tell.

BlueAngel
12-15-2008, 11:47 PM
It's wrong to be referred to as a WORSHIPFUL MASTER.

PERIOD!

It's weird, as well.

Now, run along back to the lodge.

KSigMason
12-16-2008, 12:01 AM

So you would all rather sit in ignorant bliss than face reality?

How's that?

simplyamason
12-16-2008, 09:27 AM

PERIOD!

It's weird, as well.

Now, run along back to the lodge.

It's wrong and weird simply because you say so then huh?

justgroovy
12-16-2008, 10:42 AM

No, it doesn't bounce off of us. It's just a ridiculous title.

simplyamason
12-16-2008, 11:24 AM

Everyone has a right to their opinion. My boss at work title is Chancelor, I think that is a weird title but as long as he keeps signing my paychecks, he can be whatever he wants!!:)

simplyamason
12-16-2008, 11:29 AM

That seems strange to me. I figured you guys would love to have a Mason to take shots at but most of your posts you seem to want us to leave.

VillageIdiot
12-19-2008, 05:30 AM
When people have made up their mind, they rarely want to change it.

As for the term "Worshipful master", it's dated. As are several terms associated with Masonry. Masonry is built on history, tradition, and ritual.
As such, it's slow to change.

KSigMason
12-19-2008, 10:46 AM
It may sound ridiculous and my friends and family have their little jokes (good jokes) about it, but they at least understand the meaning behind it and don't judge it because of a lack of understand or want to understand.

As such, it's slow to change.
As my father says, why fix something if it's not broken? I love the old titles. Even once I joined the York Rite the titles got older, but I still like them. I guess it is like you have said, it's all on your opinion.

I found it weird too that they seemed less about tearing up Masonic members and more about getting us off the site so they can talk about us. I guess they'd rather gossip in ignorant bliss and Masonic members posting the truth is a big hindrance to them.

aussietinfoilhat
04-30-2009, 09:14 PM
It didn't bear repeating.

There are so many other ways to refer to someone to show respect and WORSHIPFUL MASTER, in my opinion, is at the end of the list and, in fact, shouldn't even be on the list.

Oh, those darn English and their titles.

Now run along.

Uhm. Actually the term derives from history. To this day lower court judges are 'worshipful' and upper courts 'honourable'. They're just two adjectives. Personally I think 'friar' is a fucking -weird- arse title. Doesn't mean every friar on the planet is the antichrists minion.

... OR DOES IT? OMGCONSPIRACY!@$!@ :)