View Full Version : OUR FEUDAL FUTURE

07-24-2006, 08:06 PM
By Dennis L. Cuddy, Ph.D.
July 24, 2006

In the 1950s, I used to watch a TV show called "Robin Hood" in which the hero was also called the Earl or Baron of Locksley. I didn't think much about it at the time, but then I learned President Harry Truman used to carry in his pocket part of an 1842 poem by Alfred Lord Tennyson called "Locksley Hall." The part Truman carried with him predicted a "parliament of man, the federation of the world" with "universal law," and Truman explained "That's what I have been working for."

Later in the 1950s, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund Special Studies Project produced THE MID-CENTURY CHALLENGE TO U.S. FOREIGN POLICY, in which one reads: "We cannot escape, and indeed should welcome, the task which history has imposed upon us.

This is the task of helping shape a new world order in all its dimensions---spiritual, economic, political, social." I thought it strange that the powerful Rockefellers would use the word "spiritual" first in the "new world order," but then I reflected upon who Robin Hood was. He had also been referred to as Robin of Greenwood or Green Robin, named for the Green Man, who was the Celtic vegetation god.