PDA

View Full Version : CUT AND PASTERS **2**

O_VAUGHAN
09-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Sorry for doing this but my other thread has been spammed up by shadow_ and it's gone totally off-topic. An Admin or Mod can clean up this double thread situation later. Thanks, and sorry in advance if I have broken any rules.

Ironically I cut and pasted the thread starter for this second one, but it's my own stuff so it doesn't count.

I have noticed that there are an awful lot of cut and pasters hanging around this place. What happens is someone will post a story based on an eyewitness account and then the cut and pasters hit Google and find something somebody wrote about it and cut and paste it here. I would imagine that in most cases these people have no personal knowledge of the subject matter that they cut and paste.

In addition, there are more than enough thread starters that are simply cut and paste jobs. I mean come on people! This is COMPLETE IDIOCY. If I want to read a bunch of fucking internet articles about things then I will do my own google searches, thank you. It is quite tedious to navigate around these "Steaming Turds" to get to something interesting. I understand that sometimes it is necessary to put up a link or two but this C&P shit is totally out of fucking control around here.

So look here, cut and pasters... I don't know what sense of satisfaction you actually get when you make your stupid posts. I don't know if it makes you feel intellegent or what and I don't really care. THE FACT IS THAT IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU APPEAR INTELLEGENT AND YOUR FUCKING POSTS ARE REALLY NOTHING BUT SPAM. YOU ARE PASSING OFF SOMEONE ELSES IDEAS AS YOUR OWN WHEN YOU POST THEM HERE. The fact is that you all look like fucking idiots when you post that shit and the ones who respond to it are even worse. DO YOU NOT GET THAT YOUR RESPONSE IS TO NOBODY???

I would personally like to see if we could have a separate forum for this nonsense. I would moderate it but I'm too new here, I'm sure and I really couldn't dedicate enough time to it to do a good job.

09-01-2006, 04:57 PM
YOU CUT AND PAST TOO.

O_VAUGHAN
09-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Look at what GerryDuffett's doing right now. That's what I'm talking about. I think that stuff should be in its own forum, Shadow_.

09-01-2006, 05:03 PM
YOU CAME ALONG AT THE SAME TIME AS THE OTHER FAKES.

O_VAUGHAN
09-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Skanspiracy, your capslock key is located next to the "A" key. Just to the left of it. If you press it just once you won't be typing in all caps anymore.

09-01-2006, 08:24 PM
DR MAKOW IS INTELLIGENT SOMETHING YOU ARE NOT. DR. MAKOW IS AWARE OF WHO I AM. BTW YOU ARE SPAMMING. I ACEPT THAT YOU ARE A TEEN AND THIS IS THE BEST YOU CAN DO.

truebeliever
09-01-2006, 08:52 PM
I have noticed that there are an awful lot of cut and pasters hanging around this place.

Would you prefer we give you first hand accounts of our bowel movements?

I was'nt at the last Bilderberger meeting and unfortunately I can only "cut & paste" and offer a few views.

Perhaps it should be mandatory that some thought go into each originator of a thread? ADMIN should make it a rule that thoughtful comments must precede the "cutting and pasting" of articles?

To cut and paste...that is the question. Obviously the answer is yes. How else is information gotton accross?

09-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Truebeliever, surly a site that allows what has happened here over the past several weeks is beyond repair. We are overcome with drug filled teens or even worse. Intelligent b\debate has no home here.

Tor
09-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Shadow_ wrote:
Truebeliever, surly a site that allows what has happened here over the past several weeks is beyond repair. We are overcome with drug filled teens or even worse. Intelligent b\debate has no home here.

Its really messed up when some people ruin things for the rest of us.

Start by banning this dual of the real shadow. This is an obvious poser.

truebeliever
09-01-2006, 10:17 PM

Agreed.

It's up to ADMIN.

I think this forum has a real future based loosley around Makows work and web site.

In time, more good posters will come if the fools can be treated with an iron rod and discipline instilled.

I have had to think long and hard about my own behaviour. Am I hear to get accross information or to play around and wreck the site?

Tor
09-01-2006, 10:38 PM
truebeliever wrote:

Agreed.

It's up to ADMIN.

I think this forum has a real future based loosley around Makows work and web site.

In time, more good posters will come if the fools can be treated with an iron rod and discipline instilled.

I have had to think long and hard about my own behaviour. Am I hear to get accross information or to play around and wreck the site?

Iron rod and discipline does not compute on a site of this nature. Perhaps a mentoring program would solve your long term problem. I have a lot of experience with that. Perhaps I could moderate such a mentoring program for noobs so they don't run amuck.

09-01-2006, 10:42 PM
Tor wrote:
Perhaps I could moderate such a mentoring program for noobs so they don't run amuck.
Yes because your interpersonal skills have been so well executed here.

O_VAUGHAN
09-02-2006, 08:01 AM
truebeliever wrote:
I have noticed that there are an awful lot of cut and pasters hanging around this place.

Would you prefer we give you first hand accounts of our bowel movements?

I was'nt at the last Bilderberger meeting and unfortunately I can only "cut & paste" and offer a few views.

Perhaps it should be mandatory that some thought go into each originator of a thread? ADMIN should make it a rule that thoughtful comments must precede the "cutting and pasting" of articles?

To cut and paste...that is the question. Obviously the answer is yes. How else is information gotton accross?

Thanks for a response that is related to the thread starter, Truebeliever. The main problem that I have with a broad-based cut and paste campaign is that at some level the articles are taken at face value to be fact. We live in an age that is rife with misinformation that is regularly disseminated through the media as fact to an audience that still believes that if itäs written or spoken (on TV or the radio) then it's true. Now, with the internet, there is a vast amount of information available literally at the bidding of our fingertips. Much of it is fabrication supposition and opinion disguised as the truth. I recently quit posting on a board because of a single poster who spammed the political forum with articles that he would find on Google to make his points. I liken it to having an opinion and sitting back and letting other people argue it for you. Cut and paste jobs, to me, are like these radio stations that we have today with no DJs where they just play music and comercials with no human interjection.

At the end of the day, what is a FORUM? It is a place to have a conversation. One of the points that I'm trying to make is that if someone cuts and pastes a big long article about something and then someone else cuts and pastes another article that is contrary to it, it's not really in the spirit of a FORUM. A forum is supposed to be a place of inquiry. Inquiry comes from individuals opining on various issues related to the subject matter of the specific inquiry at hand and then perhaps citing references. All that I am pointing out is that around here, a lot of times it gets done backwards. Kind of like "my link is better than your link".

Sorry for the long post and thank you for reading.

-OV