PDA

View Full Version : AUTISM


BlueAngel
05-27-2007, 09:14 PM
??

redrat11
05-27-2007, 09:28 PM
autism is a very strange disorder, indeed the symptoms vary from person to person, although my guess is that it begins to form in the creation stage of the fetus (baby) meaning that the neurological process is somehow not able to complete itself in the formation of the baby.


there are many factors to blame, environment, vaccines from the mother, diet and nutrition, and even the very air we breathe.

redrat11
05-27-2007, 10:03 PM
BlueAngel wrote:

redrat11 wrote:
autism is a very strange disorder, indeed the symptoms vary from person to person, although my guess is that it begins to form in the creation stage of the fetus (baby) meaning that the neurological process is somehow not able to complete itself in the formation of the baby.


there are many factors to blame, environment, vaccines from the mother, diet and nutrition, and even the very air we breathe.

Your guess is that AUTISM is formed in the creation stage of the fetus through vaccinations that the mother received and NOT the father.

Why not the father?

You also believe there are outside influencing factors once the fetus is is born such as diet, nutrition and the air we breathe.

If this is the case, why has AUTISM been predicted to afflict 1 in 150 children in the future, but not in the past?

Why would it be due to vaccinations the mother received?

Are they tainted?

Why diet, nutrition, air we breathe now and not in the past?

Are they tainted?

>>>Your guess is that AUTISM is formed in the creation stage of the fetus through vaccinations that the mother received and NOT the father.

Why not the father?<<<

just my guess!


>>>You also believe there are outside influencing factors once the fetus is is born such as diet, nutrition and the air we breathe.

If this is the case, why has AUTISM been predicted to afflict 1 in 150 children in the future, but not in the past?<<<


the entire american medical asociation is quackery! thus nothing they say can be trusted with any degree. if they predict those numbers it's because the chemtrails have increased, and the vaccines are becoming more lethal (secretly.)

remember, they want depopulation period!


it does'nt take a rocket scientist to figure out the world is going to hell in a handbasket!

redrat11
05-27-2007, 10:27 PM
it's past your bedtime...

redrat11
05-27-2007, 10:51 PM
BlueAngel wrote:
Really? What would my bedtime be if I were a "little girl?"


the real blue angel knocks off the computer at 12 midnight.

redrat11
05-27-2007, 11:01 PM
BlueAngel wrote:
Sorry, but there isn't anyone who can come close to being a "BlueAngel" imposter.

Not even CLOSE!

sure there is, it's U!

redrat11
05-27-2007, 11:12 PM
i can prove your not Blue Angel. a few simple questions, and the real you will show their colors.

however I'm not going to waste my time, after all, this is the internet, and one never knows who they are communicating with.

redrat11
05-27-2007, 11:23 PM
look here person, I know who you are without you knowing it, hows that! and you are not the original BA, you may think you are, however you are delusional!

redrat11
05-27-2007, 11:37 PM
BlueAngel wrote:

redrat11 wrote:
look here person, I know who you are without you knowing it, hows that! and you are not the original BA, you may think you are, however you are delusional!

YOU KNOW WHO I AM WITHOUT ME KNOWING IT!!

How so?

Are you a programmer from the past?

Oh, there's that word THEY love......

DELUSIONAL!!!!

Good night, sweetie!

It's been a whale of a time.

afraid of the word "delusional" hey there...

redrat11
05-27-2007, 11:46 PM
A synopsis of converstion with BA...


I don't think the "boogeyman" is after you anymore.

Craig
12-17-2009, 09:59 AM
I have Aspergers Syndrome, a form of Autism and do seriously think that there is a conspiracy among the Autism issue. No, I won't be stating the facts because they are either unproven or not yet found.

EireEngineer
12-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Study fails to link chemical, brain woes By ALICIA CHANG, AP Science Writer
2 hours, 6 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - A mercury-based preservative once used in many vaccines does not raise the risk of neurological problems in children, concludes a large federal study that researchers say should reassure parents about the safety of shots their kids received a decade or more ago.

However, the study did not examine autism — the developmental disorder that some critics blame on vaccines. A separate study due out in a year will look at that issue, said scientists at the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, who led the latest analysis and published results in Thursday's New England Journal of Medicine.

They found no clear link between early exposure to the preservative thimerosal and problems with brain function and behavior in children age 7 to 10. The results are in line with past research that found no connection between vaccines and neurological problems or autism.

Thimerosal (pronounced thih-MEHR'-uh-sawl) has not been used in childhood vaccines since 2001, although it is still in some flu shots. The new findings apply to children immunized before then, or exposed to the preservative through shots their mothers received while pregnant. Thimerosal was put in vaccines to prevent contamination from bacteria.

Some doctors say the CDC study should reassure parents worried about the safety of vaccines.

"It's good news for families," said Dr. Michael Goldstein, vice president of the American Academy of Neurology who works in private practice in Salt Lake City. "There's no evidence that these vaccines have caused injury."

The study involved 1,047 children who were exposed to varying levels of thimerosal while in the womb or after birth in the 1990s. The children belonged to four health maintenance organizations that are part of a federal project to study the side effects of vaccines. Their mercury exposure was determined through medical and immunization records and interviews with parents.

Each child was tested for speech and language skills, motor coordination and intelligence. Parents, teachers and trained specialists also rated stuttering, attention span and tic disorders such as head shaking, eye blinking and neck jerking. A total of 42 neurological problems were analyzed.

On balance, researchers did not find a consistent pattern between increasing thimerosal exposure and the risk of these problems. However, they said one finding merited further study: Boys exposed to higher mercury levels seemed to have more tic problems — a link seen in previous research.

"The doses of mercury that children were exposed to because of immunization doesn't cause neuropsychological damage," said Dr. Bruce H. Cohen, a Cleveland Clinic pediatric neurology specialist who had no role in the study.

The CDC study was reviewed by an independent panel of scientists and statisticians who oversaw its design, reviewed results and contributed to writing the report.

The panel included one vaccine opponent — Sallie Bernard, executive director of the consumer group SafeMinds. Although she had a role in planning the study, she asked to be listed as a "dissenting member" because she disagreed with the study's conclusions.

The research was led by William Thompson, a CDC epidemiologist who once worked for vaccine maker Merck & Co. Four other researchers have received fees from drug companies and one has served as a consultant to a CDC committee on immunization.

The study was not designed to tease out the effects of mercury exposure on autism. Thompson is completing a separate study examining whether thimerosal exposure before or after birth causes autism. The study recruited 1,000 children including 250 with autism. Results are expected next year.

Autism is a major public health concern, with one in 150 American children diagnosed with the disorder characterized by repetitive behaviors and impaired social interaction.

Although past scientific studies have found no link between autism and thimerosal-containing vaccines, the highly charged issue went on trial this summer.

A court in Washington, D.C., heard from an Arizona mother who blamed vaccines on her 12-year-old daughter's severe autism. The case is being followed by about 5,000 families who filed similar claims to receive compensation from a federal vaccine injury fund. The fund so far has not paid out an autism claim.

-----------------------------------------------

First it was ADD, then ADHD.

Now one in every 150 children will be diagnosed with AUTISM.

As they said:

Inability to concentrate. (ADD, ADHD)

As they said:

These children will be prisoners inside their own mind.

Trapped inside their own heads.

Prisoners of their own world.

Practically, deaf, dumb and blind.

Non-productive members of society.

As far as ADD and ADHD is concerned, I believe the classroom setting causes irritability together with long periods in between lunch. Sit in your seat; don't move. Constant repetition of material to be memorized. JUST BOREDOM that stifles the brain's ability to develop into a critical/creative/cognitive mass.

If a student is deemed to be more animated than other children, most times teacher's suggest the student might have ADD.

A trip to the doctor and they are given SPEED.

The drugging of our children to stifle creative, critical and cognitive functionings of their brain power.

In order to slow the brain down, they are prescribed SPEED.

If a child is depressed, which is, most times a normal part of adolescence, anti-depressants are prescribed.

Anti-depressants that can cause suicide.

What is it that all children are mandated to receive?

VACCINATIONS that contain MERCURY!!!
You are a bit behind the times BA. Thimerisol has been out of childhood vaccines for a decade now, and there has been no drop in Autism rates. What is more, the type of mercury that they did use is easily eliminated from the body. However, thanks to kooks like Jenny McCarthy the companies removed Thimerasol, a preservative with a well documented safety record, and they have had to replace it with an aluminum based preservative with a much shorter track record. Good going anti-vacs nutjobs!

Algebra
12-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Ive heard it mentioned that Autism may be the begining of the next phase in human evolution. Hence the amazing abilitys some autistic people have with memory and maths etc.

How this evolutionary transgression was spearned however could be the result of government attempts to create super humans. Walking bio computers. Or it could be entirely natural but imperfect as of yet.

If you could sacrifice the disire or need to interact with the world and instead channel your mind in to pursuing complex mathmatics or hyper memory abilities. Then would you display the kind of symtoms Autistic people seem to.

As for why this seems to be a prodominately male disorder. It could be that nature recognizes that the male is the superior sex, worthy of an evolutionary leap.

:D calm down ladies only joking. I couldnt resist.

If anybody else knows a bit more about the evo theory let me know. I think it could be worthy of a thread or two.

EireEngineer
12-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Ive heard it mentioned that Autism may be the begining of the next phase in human evolution. Hence the amazing abilitys some autistic people have with memory and maths etc.

How this evolutionary transgression was spearned however could be the result of government attempts to create super humans. Walking bio computers. Or it could be entirely natural but imperfect as of yet.

If you could sacrifice the disire or need to interact with the world and instead channel your mind in to pursuing complex mathmatics or hyper memory abilities. Then would you display the kind of symtoms Autistic people seem to.

As for why this seems to be a prodominately male disorder. It could be that nature recognizes that the male is the superior sex, worthy of an evolutionary leap.

:D calm down ladies only joking. I couldnt resist.

If anybody else knows a bit more about the evo theory let me know. I think it could be worthy of a thread or two.
Ah yes, Jenny McCarthy's "Indigo Children" idea. More likely all of that nonsense is just her using Woo to justify her denial that something is actually wrong with her child.

Algebra
12-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Ah yes, Jenny McCarthy's "Indigo Children" idea. More likely all of that nonsense is just her using Woo to justify her denial that something is actually wrong with her child.

Im not aware of jenny mcCarthys "Indigo theory" but i will take a look and let you know what i think.

Algebra
12-21-2009, 09:35 AM
I've read some reviews on her book online and it seems that if you wanted to discredit the evolution theory she would be the ideal candidate to attack given her backround and lack of scientific substance.

But does this ultimately mean that theres no truth in the theory? Right now its as good a guess as any.

Algebra
12-21-2009, 09:57 AM
Gene May Offer Clue Why Autism Risk Is Fourfold Higher in Boys
Share (javascript:togShareLinks('shr_v');)Business Exchange (javascript:shareBusinessExchange();)Twitter (javascript:shareTwitter();)Facebook (javascript:shareFacebook();)| Email (?Subject=Bloomberg%20news:%20%20Gene May Offer Clue Why Autism Risk Is Fourfold Higher in Boys &body=%20Gene May Offer Clue Why Autism Risk Is Fourfold Higher in Boys %0D%0A%0D%0A%20http%3A//www.bloomberg.com/apps/news%3Fpid%3Demail_en%26sid%3DaLhQfJuxV8.s) | Print (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/#) | A (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/#) A (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/#) A (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/#)


By Marilyn Chase


May 19 (Bloomberg) -- A common variant of a gene may increase autism (http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/autism-spectrum-disorders-pervasive-developmental-disorders/index.shtml) risk and explain why boys face a fourfold increase of having the developmental disorder compared with girls, scientists reported.
The researchers analyzed the DNA of 1,046 members of families with at least two sons affected by autism. Inside chromosome 17, a hotspot of previous autism studies, these families harbored a variant of a gene called CACNA1G, said Stanley F. Nelson (http://dgsom.healthsciences.ucla.edu/research/institution/personnel?personnel%5fid=45469), professor of human genetics at the University of California (http://www.medsch.ucla.edu) Los Angeles, in the journal Molecular Psychiatry.
The gene by itself is not the likely a risk factor for autism, Nelson said. The finding could help researchers understand how a change in the gene may work in tandem with other factors to lead to the disorder marked by impaired language, social interactions and rigid behaviors, he said.
“If replicated, this study could be a very compelling addition to the autism field,” said Hakon Hakonarson (http://search.bloomberg.com/search?q=Hakon+Hakonarson&site=wnews&client=wnews&proxystylesheet=wnews&output=xml_no_dtd&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&filter=p&getfields=wnnis&sort=date:D:S:d1), associate professor of pediatrics at the University of Pennsylvania and director of the genome center at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Hakonarson, who wasn’t involved in the UCLA study, previously proposed the role of another gene called cadherin 10 in the disease.
Previous studies have found the prevalence of autism spectrum disorders is slightly less than 1 in 100 for boys and about 1 in 400 for girls, Hakonarson said in a telephone interview. These disorders aren’t the product of a single gene defect, but most likely the result of many genes interacting in concert with environmental factors, he added.
Normal Function
Just how CACNA1G contributes to autism risk isn’t known, UCLA’s Nelson said. Previous research has shown it normally helps to move calcium between cells. The UCLA team said in a statement that the gene variant also appears in the DNA of nearly 40 percent of the population.
“This alternate form of CACNA1G consistently increased the correlation to autism spectrum disorder, suggesting that inheriting the gene may heighten a child’s risk of developing autism,” said Nelson in a statement.
The UCLA team said its next step will be to sequence the gene -- figure out how its component amino acids are arranged -- to identify the exact alteration linked to autism risk.
The study was funded by the National Institute of Mental Health (http://www.nimh.gov), a unit of the National Institutes of Health (http://www.nih.gov) in Bethesda Maryland, and Cure Autism Now (http://cureautismnow.org).

This article would appear to disprove the theory that governments are carrying out gene experiments because according to the scientists above. No one gene causes Autism and its likely the effect of both gene variation and enviromental factors. The genes in mention appear to be more prevalent in boys. So what if these genes are mutating but are still in the procces of doing so, in to the creation of a new D.NA strand. new genes that will ultimately evolve in to a new form of bieng, or an evollutionary leap.

Could it be possible? or could the government be actively effecting these genes through external radiation or internaly via some form of medication?

EireEngineer
12-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Gene May Offer Clue Why Autism Risk Is Fourfold Higher in Boys
Share (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:togShareLinks%28%27shr_v%27%29;)Business Exchange (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:shareBusinessExchange%28%29;)Twitter (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:shareTwitter%28%29;)Facebook (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:shareFacebook%28%29;)| Email | Print (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/#) | A (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/#) A (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/#) A (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/#)


By Marilyn Chase


May 19 (Bloomberg) -- A common variant of a gene may increase autism (http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/autism-spectrum-disorders-pervasive-developmental-disorders/index.shtml) risk and explain why boys face a fourfold increase of having the developmental disorder compared with girls, scientists reported.
The researchers analyzed the DNA of 1,046 members of families with at least two sons affected by autism. Inside chromosome 17, a hotspot of previous autism studies, these families harbored a variant of a gene called CACNA1G, said Stanley F. Nelson (http://dgsom.healthsciences.ucla.edu/research/institution/personnel?personnel%5fid=45469), professor of human genetics at the University of California (http://www.medsch.ucla.edu) Los Angeles, in the journal Molecular Psychiatry.
The gene by itself is not the likely a risk factor for autism, Nelson said. The finding could help researchers understand how a change in the gene may work in tandem with other factors to lead to the disorder marked by impaired language, social interactions and rigid behaviors, he said.
“If replicated, this study could be a very compelling addition to the autism field,” said Hakon Hakonarson (http://search.bloomberg.com/search?q=Hakon+Hakonarson&site=wnews&client=wnews&proxystylesheet=wnews&output=xml_no_dtd&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&filter=p&getfields=wnnis&sort=date:D:S:d1), associate professor of pediatrics at the University of Pennsylvania and director of the genome center at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Hakonarson, who wasn’t involved in the UCLA study, previously proposed the role of another gene called cadherin 10 in the disease.
Previous studies have found the prevalence of autism spectrum disorders is slightly less than 1 in 100 for boys and about 1 in 400 for girls, Hakonarson said in a telephone interview. These disorders aren’t the product of a single gene defect, but most likely the result of many genes interacting in concert with environmental factors, he added.
Normal Function
Just how CACNA1G contributes to autism risk isn’t known, UCLA’s Nelson said. Previous research has shown it normally helps to move calcium between cells. The UCLA team said in a statement that the gene variant also appears in the DNA of nearly 40 percent of the population.
“This alternate form of CACNA1G consistently increased the correlation to autism spectrum disorder, suggesting that inheriting the gene may heighten a child’s risk of developing autism,” said Nelson in a statement.
The UCLA team said its next step will be to sequence the gene -- figure out how its component amino acids are arranged -- to identify the exact alteration linked to autism risk.
The study was funded by the National Institute of Mental Health (http://www.nimh.gov), a unit of the National Institutes of Health (http://www.nih.gov) in Bethesda Maryland, and Cure Autism Now (http://cureautismnow.org).

This article would appear to disprove the theory that governments are carrying out gene experiments because according to the scientists above. No one gene causes Autism and its likely the effect of both gene variation and enviromental factors. The genes in mention appear to be more prevalent in boys. So what if these genes are mutating but are still in the procces of doing so, in to the creation of a new D.NA strand. new genes that will ultimately evolve in to a new form of bieng, or an evollutionary leap.

Could it be possible? or could the government be actively effecting these genes through external radiation or internaly via some form of medication?
Yawn. My daughter is autistic, so you arent telling me anything new. No, its not the government, but yes it is likely genetic.

Algebra
12-22-2009, 04:40 AM
Im sorry to hear about your daughter EireEngineer. Just out of interest does she display any hightened abilitys. I dont mean "savantism" here but just particular things she may be above average at doing for her age. Just tell me to feck off if its a little to personal.

EireEngineer
12-22-2009, 08:10 AM
No, no special abilities. She is as smart, if not a bit above the curve, as any four year old, but language has been a big frustration for her. Speech therapy seems to be helping with that, and going to an Autism specific school has fixed most of the problems she had with focus and with socialization, which are always problems for Autistic children.

I would never be upet about you asking in a respectful manner as you did, especially since I brought her up. I appreciate it.

Algebra
12-22-2009, 10:00 AM
No, no special abilities. She is as smart, if not a bit above the curve, as any four year old, but language has been a big frustration for her. Speech therapy seems to be helping with that, and going to an Autism specific school has fixed most of the problems she had with focus and with socialization, which are always problems for Autistic children.

I would never be upet about you asking in a respectful manner as you did, especially since I brought her up. I appreciate it.

Thats o.k I cant argue with someone who has first hand experience. I actually think i may have been a bit misguided with my theory. I think its actually "savantism" i was refering to with the evolution theory not Autism. Please excuse my ignorance, and i hope all go's well for your daughter.

EireEngineer
12-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Trust me, I'm far from an expert on the subject myself, but anything dealing with the brain is akin to string theory: no one person on the planet can possibly be an expert on all of it. There is a bit of savant quality with some autistic children, but it generally manifests in the kids in the higher end of the spectrum than my daughter.
We do know a couple of things about Autism, even if we do not know the exact cause. It is definately not caused by vaccines or Thimerisol. Autism rates have not in fact been increasing, but the definition has been expanded in recent years and the increased number is largely an artifact of this broadening of definition. It looks like it is most likely a genetic disorder, but studies are still ongoing. And no BlueAngel, that is not my opinion, but fact.

EireEngineer
12-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Ah yes, lets listen to celebrities instead of the scientists who actually work on it. Oh, and what do you have to say to the fact that Thimerisol has been out of childhood vaccines with no decrease in Autism rates? Or the fact that as a percentage of the population by age group, autism rates have stayed largely flat? Yes, lets all listen to narcissistic and largely ignorant actors who get self validation from championing a misguided cause.

EireEngineer
12-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Can't you read?

I mentioned celebrities and those who aren't.
Yes, but it is the celebrities that get the press, and therefore are far more responsible for the very real body count caused by the anti-vaccination movement.

Sorry, pal, but you might want to read the thread in its' entirety.

It was predicted by the scientific community that autism rates are expected to increase by an astronomical figure (something like one out of every
10 children born) and, as I responded to the report, how would they know this when they don't know what causes it, unless they really do know what causes autism?
Really? And when they released that report what did they say could be the cause of rates skyrocketing? Oh, right, you got blinded by the numbers and missed the very important details about causation.


The same as ADD, and ADHD.

The scientific community doesn't know what causes ADD and ADHD, but the pharmaceutical companies certainly know how to treat it.
[/quote} Therefore what? You need not know the exact cause of something to find an effective treatment. They are called drug studies for a reason you know?
[quote=BlueAngel;63863]
Not all of us believe everything that comes out of the mouths of the scientific community, as you do.
Noice overstatement, as if I am some mindless zombie that believes everything the scientific community says. However, science does get it right most of the time, it just takes time.

Actors are narcissistic?

Go to the mirror.

Huh?

Eire said:

"Oh, and what do you have to say to the fact that Thimerosal has been out of childhood vaccines with no decrease in Autism rates? Or the fact that as a percentage of the population by age group, autism rates have stayed largely flat?"

Please provide back-up to support your claim that those who believe childhood vaccinations to be the cause of autism suggest that Thimerosal was the ingredient in the childhood vaccinations that caused autism and back-up to support your claim that since the scientific community withdrew Thimerosal from vaccinations, autism has declined.
Nice attempt at a strawman there, but I never said rates declined. I said it stayed flat. Lrn2read

So, you're saying that the scientific community has acknowledged that childhood vaccinations that contained Thimerosal were the cause of autism, but since this ingredient has been removed from childhood vaccinations autism rates have flat lined?
Thimerisol was removed from vaccines as a precaustionary measure. Jenny McCarthy's movement was causing vaccination rates to drop, and it was felt that it was better to remove the Thimerisol then to have millions of children go unvaccinated because of an irrational fear. If it had been the cause then you would figure that autism rates would have gone down once it was removed. It hasnt. See the causation?

But, I thought you said that, "WE" know, for a fact, that childhood vaccinations aren't responsible for autism.

I think you're talkin' mumbo-jumbo.

Autism does not present itself in any other age group other than childhood, so your comment that autism, as a fact, by the percentage of the population by age group has stayed largely flat doesn't make any sense.

FYI, autism is on the rise.
It is only rising because the definition of Autism Spectrum Disorders has broadened. You havent read up on this as much as I have so I will forgive your obvious ignorance. Yes, developmental disorders generally present themselves....wait for it...in development. What a shock. However, a recent study in Britain looked at people in their 20s, 30s, etc all the way up to people in their 60s and found that as a percentage of population, using the current definition of Autism, rates were the same fifty years ago as they are today. They were not diagnosed the same back then as they are today. What is more there is less of a social stigma to having your child diagnosed today then there was fifty years ago, and this too is leading to an increase in diagnoses.

Your college degree certainly doesn't seem to serve you very well.

What a waste of time and money.

P.S. You REPEAT, AS A FACT, over and over again, but it doesn't make it a FACT.
Ah yes, the ad hominem...the last resort of a weak argument.

EireEngineer
12-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Ah, so no answer from BA on this one huh? Too funny.

EireEngineer
12-25-2009, 08:03 AM
So in other words, no substantive rebuttal other than more ad hominem? Merry Christmas BA, and maybe in the new year you can try to point out where I contradicted myself.

EireEngineer
12-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Not really, you just dont read very well and jump to conclusions.

EireEngineer
12-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Hardly. You still havent done anything to rebut the Thimerisol question, other than to give still more platitudes. So I will ask you: if Thimerisol is the cause, then why no drop in Autism rates once it was removed? Mmmmm?:p

EireEngineer
12-27-2009, 06:46 PM
What is it that all children are mandated to receive?

VACCINATIONS that contain MERCURY!!!
You did. Remember saying the above? The only componant that contains mercury is Thimerisol. Oh, and Jenny McCarthy and the other anti vaccers say it too.

EireEngineer
12-27-2009, 07:57 PM
You were all upset about mercury in vaccines, among other things in that post, and Thimerisol is the only component that contains mercury....unless you can specify another?:D

EireEngineer
12-27-2009, 08:17 PM
No, I was very specific that Thimerisol DIDNT cause Autism, which was one of the points I was making to the other poster. You came in railing about mercury at the end of your rambling ADHD post, and since Thimerisol is the only vaccine component that has mercury. In case you are confused, the Jenny McCarthy types are very specific about Thimerisol, and if you dont even know that then you have no business posting about Autism.

EireEngineer
12-27-2009, 08:35 PM
No, I never once said that Thimerisol caused Autism, but I did say that some crackpots believe that it is. Care to show where I said Thimerisol did?

EireEngineer
12-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Trust me, I'm far from an expert on the subject myself, but anything dealing with the brain is akin to string theory: no one person on the planet can possibly be an expert on all of it. There is a bit of savant quality with some autistic children, but it generally manifests in the kids in the higher end of the spectrum than my daughter.
We do know a couple of things about Autism, even if we do not know the exact cause. It is definately not caused by vaccines or Thimerisol. Autism rates have not in fact been increasing, but the definition has been expanded in recent years and the increased number is largely an artifact of this broadening of definition. It looks like it is most likely a genetic disorder, but studies are still ongoing. And no BlueAngel, that is not my opinion, but fact.
Remember this posting, the first time I mentioned Thimerisol? Read very closely tard.

EireEngineer
12-28-2009, 08:38 PM
My arguments are never weak.

Hence, the reason I remain and many others who have debated me in the past do not.

I suspect you shall follow the same path of those who came before you.

Ad Hominem, Platitudes, strawman argument.

Some of Eire's favorite words.

Anyway.

Eire said:

"Oh, and what do you have to say to the fact that Thimerosal has been out of childhood vaccines with no decrease in Autism rates? Or the fact that as a percentage of the population by age group, autism rates have stayed largely flat?"

The above statement is contradictory.

One cannot increase and stay largely flat at the same time.

Wow, we are still having a reading comprehension problem here huh? The study I referred to looked at people in their sixties, fifties....all the way to their 20s, using the current diagnostic procedures. They found that people born Fifty years ago had the same incidence rate of Autism as kids being born today, but that many were not properly diagnosed. That means that, for at least the last fifty years, Autism rates have in fact stayed flat and it is only the improvements to diagnostic procedures that have lead to any increase in diagnoses.

As for Thimerisol, if it, or the tiny amount of mercury in it, were respondible for Autism, you would expect to at least see a noticeable drop in cases once it was removed from vaccines. We havent seen ANY drop at all, so it is highly unlikely that Thimerisol has any correlation.

As for your mercury theory, that too has been debunked. Autistic children have been studied for fatty tissue deposition of heavy metals, and there has been no correlation. If Autism was being caused by mercury you would find it laced in their tissues and no study has ever found any in either Autistic children or their siblings.

Seriously BA, if you want to be taken seriously stop distorting statements out of context. Oh, and you are ignored now.

EireEngineer
12-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Right, thats why you have a thread full of people asking why you are so crazy, and I do not.

EireEngineer
12-28-2009, 10:10 PM
The first ever major study into adults living with autism (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/info/autism/whatisautism.php) was published 22nd September by the NHS Information Centre. The report, entitled 'Autism Spectrum Disorders in adults living in households throughout England 2007' was written by Professor Terry Brugha, a Consultant Psychiatrist with Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust and Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Leicester with a team of UK researchers

This ground-breaking study shows for the first time an estimate of how many adults are living with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) in England. The study into the prevalence of autism spectrum disorders among adults shows that one in every hundred adults living in households has the condition - broadly the same rate as that cited for children.

While studies have been carried out into the prevalence of autism spectrum disorders among children, the report is the first attempt to find and count adults and older people in the community with an autism spectrum disorder, including Asperger syndrome.

Professor Brugha, a specialist in the assessment of adults who may have ASDs including Aspergers syndrome, runs an NHS diagnostic clinic at the Brandon Mental Health Unit. He worked collaboratively with a team of academics and researchers, including his colleagues from the University of Leicester to develop a research programme and survey tool. The team surveyed thousands of people across England to determine how many adults in the general population are likely to be affected by ASD's.

Months of analysis, much of which was undertaken at the University of Leicester, and hundreds of face to face interviews and diagnostic assessments have for first time ever, captured the typical characteristics of someone with an ASD, including gender, age range, employment status, type of housing and use of health services.

Up until now, little was known about how autism affected people over the course of a lifetime. For example, autism rates could have been lower among older age groups because people had gradually recovered from the condition or died prematurely.

However, the study suggests that this is not the case and that prevalence of autism spectrum disorder remains broadly level across all age bands.

Autism spectrum disorders are developmental disorders characterised by impaired social interaction and communications, severely restricted interests and repetitive behaviours.

The study of its prevalence among adults was a specific objective of the Adult Psychiatric Morbidity Survey 2007 which was commissioned by The NHS Information Centre, funded by the Department of Health and carried out by the National Centre for Social Research (NatCen) in collaboration with the University of Leicester.

EireEngineer
12-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Sorry, I will try to find something with pictures in it, since you cant understand a simple article. Oh, and I was poking fun at your whining about profits, since you cant follow well.

EireEngineer
12-29-2009, 01:16 AM
You still dont get it? Sad. As I said, I was poking fun at your immature derision of profits, as if there is something inherently evil about operating a business. I would think you would know better, since you are a small business owner too.

BTW, what part of that simply written Autism article didnt make sense to you? I will be happy to elucidate things for you if you need.

EireEngineer
12-29-2009, 10:01 PM
What exactly have I posted that was irrelevant to the Autism debate? Be specific, if you can.

EireEngineer
12-30-2009, 07:02 PM
So, I take it you dont accept the evidience that autism rates were the same thirty years ago, it is just improvements to diagnosis that are leading to the perceived rate increase. Read the article again before you reply.

EireEngineer
01-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Do you really need me to explain this to you? Say the actual, absolute rate of something is 1 in 150. However, because it is not well understood the rate at which it is recognized is 1 in 300. The "perceived rate" would be 1 in 300, while the absolute is still 1 in 150. If it suddenly gets recognized better due to improvements in diagnoses, the "perceived rate" may increase to 1 in 200. Does this mean that the rate has increased? No. It is still 1 in 150, but the perception will be that it increased. Is that so hard?

EireEngineer
01-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Good. I'm glad, but it begs the question why you posted like you didn't understand it....anyway....

Autism 'Clusters' Linked To Parents' Education

by Jon Hamilton (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=2100615)


January 6, 2010 Clusters of children diagnosed with autism tend to occur in places where parents are older, more educated, and white, according to a study by researchers at the University of California, Davis.
The study found no link to local pollution or chemical exposures — which some consumer groups have cited as possible causes of autism clusters.
The results suggest that areas in California with apparently high rates of autism spectrum disorders are probably just places where parents are more likely to obtain a diagnosis for their child, the researchers say.
"It doesn't necessarily mean that higher education causes autism," says Irva Hertz-Picciotto, one of the study's authors and a researcher at the UC Davis MIND Institute. "It gets you the diagnosis more frequently."
http://media.npr.org/assets/news/2010/04/autismla.jpg?t=1262721527&s=2Enlarge (javascript:void(0);) 2010 UC RegentsAutism "cluster" found in North Los Angeles County. Autism rates here were roughly double that of surrounding areas.

http://media.npr.org/assets/news/2010/04/autismla.jpg?t=1262721527&s=51
2010 UC RegentsAutism "cluster" found in North Los Angeles County. Autism rates here were roughly double that of surrounding areas.


The UC Davis study looked at the geographic distribution of about 10,000 children who were born in California from 1996 through 2000 and later diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder.
A cluster was defined as a community in which the proportion of children diagnosed with autism was at least 70 percent higher than in surrounding areas.
The study found that differences in parents' age, education and ethnicity explained the cluster most of the time.
Higher Education, More Diagnosis
It doesn't necessarily mean that higher education causes autism. It gets you the diagnosis more frequently.

- Irva Hertz-Picciotto

For example, it found that children of parents who finished college were at least four times more likely to be diagnosed than children of parents who didn't finish high school.
Children were also more likely to be diagnosed if they were born in a community near a regional service center for people with autism.
Hispanic parents were underrepresented in all 10 of the clusters, according to the study. That could be because some parents are reluctant to seek help from a state agency if they have a member of the family who is undocumented, Hertz-Picciotto says.
No Evidence Of Environmental Risk
The study may be most interesting because it did not find any environmental explanation for higher autism rates, says Steven Novella, a neurologist at Yale University.
"You can't prove a negative," Novella says. But the results of this and other studies suggest that "if there are environmental factors, they're small," he says.
The California results also show how widely autism diagnosis rates can vary from place to place, Novella says. In some areas of the state, children were four times as likely to be diagnosed as in other areas.
That suggests that in many areas there are still a huge number of children with autism spectrum disorders who are slipping through the cracks, Novella says.

EireEngineer
01-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Why? Because they support my assertions, or because they negate yours? Or do you just not understand them?

EireEngineer
01-19-2010, 03:22 PM
You were trying to assert a causal link between mercury and ADHD and autism, and that the jury is still out on Thimerisol, which it is not.

EireEngineer
01-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Cherry picking info from the anti vacs crowd and mis-interpreting the real reason for increases in Autism diagnoses is hardly a valid rebuttal. How come Autism rates DIDNT go down after Thimerisol was removed? MMM???

EireEngineer
01-30-2010, 12:48 AM
It's a VERY valid rebuttal.

That's why it took you sooooo looooong to respond.

Previously, you said that Autism wasn't increasing due to the removal of Thimerosal from vaccines, but now you are saying that there is a REAL REASON for the increase in Autism.

So, what is the real reason?

According to you, Autism is decreasing and increasing.

You sound confused.

BTW, the correct spelling is Thimerosal and not Thimerisol.
So sorry, but some of us have more things to do in life besides soaking up every piece of internet drivel the way you seem to do.

I have explained it several times, and yet you still cant seem to get it through your head, so I will try one more time.

Given all of the evidence it is quite clear that the reason for the seeming increase in Autism diagnoses is not due to an actual, absolute increase in cases. Rather it is an artifact of a broadening of the definition of Autism and a lessening of the stigma for parents getting a diagnosis. Autism spectrum disorders now include Asbergers and Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not Otherwise Specified, and the numbers are all lumped together under the overall umbrella definition of Autism. Also, parents are far more likely to have their children diagnosed now than at any other time in the past because there are effective treatments for some of the issues autistic people face, and there is far less of a stigma.
This is why a recent British study (which I posted here, not that it made any sense to you. Sad.) found that by applying modern diagnostic standards to individuals in their thirties, forties, fifties, and sixties, there was no noticeable increase in rates as a percentage of population. This means that the rate of Autism was the same forty years ago as it is today, it just was not being properly diagnosed. So while the rate of diagnosis may seem to have increased over the last decade, it is fairly clear that the actual rate of autism has remained largely flat for at least three decades. Remember that for a case to be counted in the statistics, it first must be recognized and identified by a medical professional. Something we are much better at these days.

There have been intensive studies of Autistic children looking for environmental causes. Even your dreaded mercury has been looked at. Several studies have compared the mercury levels in autistic children as compared to their parents and other siblings (who presumably would share the same background exposure) and they have found no causal relationship between mercury and autism, though it isnt 100% ruled out. Certainly Thimerosal has nothing to do with it. Thanks to the anti-vaccine movement it was removed from childhood schedule vaccines. This was not due to any findings that Thimerosal was harmful in any way. In fact many studies were done looking at it as a possibility, but none came up with any causation or even correlation with autism. Still, it was decided that with the Jenny McCarthys sewing doubt about it, it would be better to remove it from the vaccines rather than having a large number of people skip them over the controversy. Rather silly anyway, since the dose of mercury contained in the entire vaccine schedule is about 1/12th what you would get from one can of tuna.

Does that clear it up for you?

EireEngineer
01-31-2010, 06:14 PM
In other words, you still dont understand it. Maybe the Harrison Bergeron buzzing in your ear is having an effect.

EireEngineer
02-01-2010, 01:09 AM
Glad to see your definition of drivel is well formed, logical arguments. Talk about living in bizaro world. Did you have any specific questions?http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/f/failure-12824.gif

superted
04-18-2010, 06:37 PM
It has not been proven as a FACT that AUTISM is not caused by vaccines or Thimerisol.

Therefore, this is your opinion and, again, your opinion is not FACT.

There are plenty of people, celebrities and not, who are the parent's of autistic children and not who would disagree with you.

The cause of autism has not been proven or dis-proven to be the result of vaccinations.

In that regard, you cannot state that "WE" know for a fact that autism is not caused by vaccinations or Thimerosal.

Who is the "WE" to whom you refer as knowing for a fact that autism is not caused by vaccinations?

Sorry I've only scan read this thread to this post so far.

First point, this guy eire engineer - why was he banned? Just curious

Second point, the "WE" you are asking about blueangel would include the likes of the BMA. Who are the BMA? The British Medical Association. They believe the link between vaccine and autism to be bogus, so much so that currently the Dr. that made the tenuous link years ago in up in front of them to prove he didn't make up/lie about the data used in his paper. He will more than likely lose his licence to practice medicine in the UK.

I'm not saying I know what causes autism but IT IS a well known fact that vaccines DO NOT cause it. It is late and I'm about to go to bed so if you wanna debate this tomorrow then I will give a full post with credible sources included!

superted
04-20-2010, 05:41 AM
Wow there blueangel, I was just curious!

FallaciesAbound
04-23-2010, 11:26 PM
From scanning the threads it would appear that BA has a childish inability to tolerate any info that does not fit her worldview.

The autism issue hits me close to home. My fiance's daughter was diagnosed when she was three, and we have spent the last three years investigating the issue, while pursuing the most rational courses of action, and involved her in several studies. Data, after all, is an important item in the evaluative process. Now, she is going to a conventional school, and at the proper grade level, but it will be a constant struggle for sure.

The alt med people continue to blame autism on all manner of bogey men, often to the severe detriment of those that listen to them. Consequently they are distracting attention and funding from research that actually stands a chance of helping those with this condition. Instead, the Jenny McCarthys of the world continue their campaign of death. They should be ashamed.

FallaciesAbound
04-25-2010, 01:23 PM
You can assert that all you want, but it will just end up harming your reputation. You will catch more bees with rational arguments then fallacious ones, to butcher a phrase lol.

superted
04-25-2010, 01:46 PM
here here!

writer1981
04-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Hi I just read through all of this post and I have Asperger's Syndrome so it really caught my attention above all other posts when I found this website. I don't believe what Eire was saying was drivel.

I have read what he posted quite some time ago now on the Official BBC news website and other Official and legitimate media news websites,

I must admit I did have some difficulty understanding some of what Eire was saying. I honestly think using words that are not used commonly was unnecessary, to get your point across. It just seems to be literary elitist behavior in my opinion.

As to the cause to Autism that I would really love to know.

I do think it is a hereditary condition. I do not believe it is a disease or a disorder but that is just my personal opinion I have. I believe it is hereditary because my father and his 5 brothers all have varying degrees of Asperger's Syndrome. They all admit they have it too.

I also got officially diagnosed by my neurologist last year. Before that my parents, medical professionals, extended family and friends were convinced I had Aspergers Syndrome. Turns out there assumptions were correct

I suppose this topic distracted me. Sorry if I am going off topic a bit here I'll explain more about myself in the introductions area. Thank you.

redrat11
03-03-2014, 11:42 PM
PhD Scientist and Biochemist Reveals Hidden CDC Documents Showing Thimerosal In Vaccines Increase Neurologic Disorders

February 24, 2014 |*By*WakingTimes |*3 Replies

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2014/02/24/phd-scientist-biochemist-reveals-hidden-cdc-documents-showing-thimerosal-vaccines-increase-neurologic-disorders/

http://thetruthisnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Merck-Accused-Of-Lying-About-Vaccine-Effectiveness.jpg


Dave Mihalovic,*Prevent DiseaseWaking TimesThe CDC has been shunning the correlations between thimerosal and neurological disorders for a very long time. Although the FDA gave a two year deadline to remove the mercury based preservative from vaccines after the neurotoxin was banned in 1999, it still remains to this day in*60 percent of flu vaccines. A vaccine industry watchdog has now obtained CDC documents that show statistically significant risks of autism associated with the vaccine preservative, something the CDC denies even when confronted with their own data.For nearly ten years, Brian Hooker has been requesting documents that are kept under tight wraps by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). His more than 100 Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests have resulted in copious evidence that the vaccine preservative*Thimerosal,*which is still used in the flu shot that is administered to pregnant women and infants, can cause autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders.Dr. Hooker, a PhD scientist, worked with two members of Congress to craft the letter to the CDC that recently resulted in his obtaining long-awaited data from the CDC, the significance of which is historic. According to Hooker, the data on over 400,000 infants born between 1991 and 1997, which was analyzed by CDC epidemiologist Thomas Verstraeten, MD, “proves unequivocally that in 2000, CDC officials were informed internally of the very high risk of autism, non-organic sleep disorder and speech disorder associated with Thimerosal exposure.”


http://truedemocracyparty.net/wp-content/uploads/vaccines-kill.jpg

Factually, thimerosal is a mercury-containing compound that is a known human carcinogen, mutagen, teratogen and immune-system disruptor at levels below 1 part-per-million, and a compound to which some humans can have an anaphylactic shock reaction. It is also a recognized reproductive and fetal toxin with*no established toxicologically safe level of exposure for humans.In November, 1997, the U.S. Congress passed the Food and Drug Administration Modernization Act, requiring the study of mercury content in FDA-approved products. The review disclosed the hitherto-unrecognized levels of ethylmercury in vaccines.*In July 1999, public-health officials announced that thimerosal would be phased out of vaccines. The CDC, American Academy of Pediatrics, and FDA insisted that the measure was purely precautionary. They requested of all vaccine manufacturers to eliminate mercury from vaccines.The requests were denied by vaccine manufacturers and continued every year thereafter.The FDA does not require ingredients that comprise less than 1 percent of a product to be divulged on the label, so*a lot more products may have thimerosal and consumers will never know.



http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx25/77769/7550956-beautiful-young-pregnant-mother-isolated-on-white.jpg

Elevated Risk of Autism



When the results of the Verstraeten study were first reported outside the CDC in 2005, there was no evidence that anyone but Dr. Verstraeten within the CDC had known of the very high 7.6-fold elevated relative risk of autism from exposure to Thimerosal during infancy. But now, clear evidence exists. A newly-acquired*abstract*from 1999 titled, “Increased risk of developmental neurologic impairment after high exposure to Thimerosal containing vaccine in first month of life” required the approval of top CDC officials prior to its presentation at the Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS) conference. Thimerosal, which is 50% mercury by weight, was used in most childhood vaccines and in the RhoGAM shot for pregnant women prior to the early 2000s.The CDC maintains there is “no relationship between Thimerosal-containing vaccines and autism rates in children,” even though the data from the CDC’s own Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) database shows a very high risk. There are a number of public records to back this up, including this*Congressional Record from May 1, 2003. The CDC’s refusal to acknowledge thimerosal’s risks is exemplified by a leaked statement from Dr. Marie McCormick, chair of the CDC/NIH-sponsored Immunization Safety Review at IOM. Regarding vaccination, she said in 2001, “…we are not ever going to come down that it [autism] is a true side effect…” Also of note, the former director of the CDC, which purchases $4 billion worth of vaccines annually, is now president of Merck’s vaccine division.

Toxic Effects of Thimerosal No Longer Disputed by Scientific Study


Thimerosal-Derived Ethylmercury in vaccines is now well*established as a mitochondrial toxin in human brain cells.There are*dozens of scientific inquiries and studies on the adverse effects of thimerosal, including gastrointestinal abnormalities and immune system irregularities.Thimerosal, is metabolized (converted) into the toxic and “harmful” methylmercury. And then in turn, the harmful methylmercury is metabolized (converted) into the most harmful, long-term-toxic, “inorganic” mercury that is retained in bodily tissue.“Inorganic” mercury is the end product of mercury metabolism. Methylmercury subject groups confirm that the metabolic pathway for mercury in the human and animal body consists in the reduction/conversion of the harmful methylmercury into a more harmful “inorganic” mercury which is tissue-bound, and long-term-toxic. Hence, both the originating substance (methylmercury) and its conversion/reduction, inorganic mercury are found.Based on*published findings by Dr. Paul King, the metabolic pathway for organic mercury involves the conversion of Ethylmercury (Thimerosal) into “methylmercury” and then the further reduction of “methylmercury” into inorganic mercury.Congress Must Act*Dr. Hooker’s fervent hope for the future: “We must ensure that this and other evidence of CDC malfeasance are presented to Congress and the public as quickly as possible. Time is of the essence. Children’s futures are at stake.” A divide within the autism community has led to some activists demanding that compensation to those with vaccine-injury claims be the top priority before Congress. Dr. Hooker maintains that prevention, “protecting our most precious resource — children’s minds,” must come first. “Our elected officials must be informed about government corruption that keeps doctors and patients in the dark about vaccine risks.”Referring to an organization that has seen its share of controversy this past year, Dr. Hooker remarked, “It is unfortunate that SafeMinds issued a press release on my information, is accepting credit for my work and has not supported a worldwide ban on Thimerosal.”Brian Hooker, PhD, PE, has 15 years experience in the field of bioengineering and is an associate professor at Simpson University where he specializes in biology and chemistry. His over 50 science and engineering papers have been published in internationally recognized, peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Hooker has a son, aged 16, who developed normally but then regressed into autism after receiving Thimerosal-containing vaccines.

redrat11
03-18-2014, 01:51 PM
42% of Drug Reactions Are Vaccine Related, Groundbreaking Chinese Study Finds




http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001185007/David_Dees_vaccines_slow_kill_dees2_xlarge.jpeg


by Sayer JiA -groundbreaking new drug safety study published in the open access journal*PLoS*and titled, "Adverse Drug Reactions of Spontaneous Reports in Shanghai Pediatric Population," has revealed for the first that that 42.5% of all reported adverse drug reactions occurring in 2009 in a Chinese pediatric population (Shanghai, pop of 17 mil) were caused by vaccines, with reactions as severe as anaphylaxis and death.The report carries unique gravitas insofar as the data was gathered through spontaneous reports of physicians (52.03%), pharmacists (24.27%) and other health care practitioners (15.46%), with only 2.52% coming from 'consumers.' Presumably, the clinical training of those reporting gives the study additional credibility.According to the study, which is one of the first ever conducted on the topic in China, "Knowledge of drug safety in the pediatric population of China is limited. This study was designed to evaluate ADRs in children reported to the spontaneous reporting system (SRS) of Shanghai in 2009."

The results of the study were reported as follows:

A male overrepresentation was observed regarding the total number of reports. The most frequently reported group of drugs were vaccines (42.15%). Skin rash and fever were the commonest symptoms reported in the total pediatric dataset. The proportion of children that suffered from a serious ADR was 2.16% and that for drug related deaths was 0.34%. And we found that the multiple drug exposure experienced a high proportion of serious ADRs compared with the single drug use (χ215.99, P<0.0001). Sixty-five percent of ADRs were for children less than 6 years of age. And more than half of reports were from doctors.

According to the study, the World Health Organization defines adverse drug reaction (ADRs) "...as events related to a medication that are noxious, unintended and occur at normal doses used in humans for prophylaxis, diagnosis or therapy of disease, or for modification of physiological function."* Their definition excludes accidental or deliberate excessive dosage or maladministration. The global problem with ADRs is so serious that, according to the study, "ADRs are one of the leading causes of morbidity and mortality in many countries*[2],*[3]." *Indeed, a 1998 report*published in*JAMAfound that 106,000 Americans die every year from*correctlyprescribed medications.The study results showed concerning patterns, across both age and gender.

The Younger The More Susceptible To Harm:"When the data were assessed in terms of age groups, almost two thirds of ADRs were reported for children from birth to 5 years of age (65.01%) and 39.46% concerned children aging 2 months-2 years." Furthermore, "The highest proportion (6.58%) of serious reports was reported for newborn (0–1 month)."The Males Were More Susceptible Than Females:*In general, a total of 1790 ADRs (40.41%) and 2640 ADRs (59.59%) were reported for female and male patients, respectively.

In interpreting the results, one explanation offered by the authors for the fact that 50% of the ADRs were reported for children from birth to 5 years of age, with close to 40% affecting children between 2 months and 2 years of age, was "Children under 5 were the most common age group for vaccination."

They expanded on this explanation further:

The ADR rate causes by vaccine is much higher than other drugs, and this may be related to the types and number of vaccination being used in China, as the types of routine immunization vaccines in China reach up to 15 kinds, which is much higher than 7 kinds in India and Vietnam, 9 kinds in Thailand and 11 kinds in America, and most of the vaccines in China are attenuated live vaccines, which may bring greater potential safety hazard.

The Chinese vaccination schedule, including over a dozen different vaccines, illustrates a common problem surrounding multiple exposures associated with 'polypharmacy,' where it is nearly impossible to ascertain the synergistic toxicities and adverse interactions occurring as a result of simultaneous exposures to multiple vaccines or pharmaceutical agents.They expand on this point further:

With the seemingly constant flow of new therapeutic agents and new treatment indications for existing medications, polypharmacy is increasingly common[34],*[35]. Drug-drug interactions (DDI) occur when two or more drugs are taken in combination and one drug influences the effects of another drug. This may subsequently cause a change in the pharmacodynamic or pharmacokinetic parameters which may lead to lack of efficacy, or to an increase in the number of reported adverse drug reactions. The association between multiple drug exposure and the incidence of ADRs has been studied, consistently showing an exponentially increased risk with the increase of the number of drugs taken*[36],*[37]. When assessing the severity of the reported ADRs, our study confirmed that multiple drug exposure experienced a high proportion compared with the single drug use. This finding indicate that in order to minimize the risk of serious ADRs, HCPs should pay particular attention to children who are prescribed two drugs or more.

Recently,*Dr. Kelly Brogan, MD, commented on one of the fundamental flaws of present day vaccination schedules, namely, multiple vaccine safety has never been studied, nor proven:***

The current schedule has never been studied – not one vaccine in a vaccinated vs. unvaccinated design, let alone multiple delivered at once, or the entire long-term effects of 49 doses of 14 vaccines by age 6.

What we do know is that countries like the U.S. have one of the highest infant mortality rates (IMRs) in the developed world (33 nations have lower IMRs), while at the same time having the most infant vaccines in the world (26 vaccine doses for infants aged less than 1 year).* This can no longer be written off as 'coincidental.' [see SAGE study on the topic]We believe this latest Chinese study represents one of the first signs of an awakening within the Chinese research and medical community to the fact that despite being promoted as a medical 'holy water,' the very heart of the miracle of modern medicine, vaccines – especially in the very young – are causing severe adverse health effects, many of which outweigh their purported benefits.Moreover, considering that this report (like most adverse vaccine events) only looked at acute adverse health effects, as we learn more about theautoimmunity generating properties of vaccines, and other chronic health issues associated with the presence of*'hidden' pathogenic viruses*in the live and attenuated vaccines most commonly used in China and the underdeveloped or developing world, we believe this latest study represents the tip of the iceberg as far as the real adverse health effects associated with the increasingly doubtful 'preventive' measure of vaccination.To learn more about the fatal flaws in the science of vaccinology, read our recent article on the topic:http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/why-vaccines-arent-paleoThis article first appeared atGreenMedInfo.* Please visit to access their vast database of articles and the latest information in natural health.*

http://www.naturalblaze.com/2014/03/42-of-drug-reactions-are-vaccine.html?m=1

Ingredients in common Vaccines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I732HU7o1PA&sns=em


-------

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx25/77769/016_whitewomen20plus.jpg

Study of 1.8 Million: Breast Screening Increases 'Lethal' Breast Cancer Incidence-

* Posted on:*Friday, March 7th 2014 at 6:30 amWritten By:*Sayer Ji, Founder

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/study-18-million-breast-screening-increases-lethal-breast-cancer-incidence


powerful new study on the failure of mammograms to protect women against breast cancer, curiously absent from mainstream news health reporting, was published this month in*The European Journal of Public Health, and is forcing the scientific and medical community, policy makers and the public at large to ask the question: can the now worldwide practice of mass breast screenings in healthy (asymptomatic) populations be justified when they*increase the incidence of localized stage 'cancers' without reducing the incidence of advanced cancers?Titled, "Trends in breast cancer stage distribution before, during and after introduction of a screening programme in Norway," the study found that based on a population sample of 1.8 million Norwegian women, diagnosed with breast cancer 1987-2010,

The annual incidence of localized breast cancer among women aged 50–69 years rose from 63.9 per 100 000 before the introduction of screening to 141.2 afterwards, corresponding to a ratio of 2.21 (95% confidence interval: 2.10; 2.32).*The incidence of more advanced cancers increased from 86.9 to 117.3 per 100 000 afterwards, corresponding to a 1.35 (1.29; 1.42)-fold increase.*Advanced cancers also increased among younger women not eligible for screening, whereas their incidence of localized cancers remained nearly constant." [emphasis added]

In other words, enrollment in Norway's breast screening program increased the chance of being diagnosed with an early-stage breast 'cancer' diagnoses by 221%, and more disturbingly, increased the chance of being diagnosed with an advanced (lethal) breast cancer by 35% -- exactly opposite what would be expected if the mammograms were actually catching malignant tumors early, which would imply the incidence of the more lethal, late stage cancers*would be lower and not higher. (see: see scientist's description of how breast cancer overdiagnosis occurs onGreenMedTV.com)The study concluded with the following summarization:

Conclusion:*Incidence of localized breast cancer increased significantly among women aged 50–69 years old after introduction of screening, while the incidence of more advanced cancers was not reduced in the same period when compared to the younger unscreened age group."

While not discussed in depth within the article, their results indicate that breast screening causes profound numbers of overdiagnosis, and because of the 'overtreatment' (and mistreatment) that results from this, produces excess morbidity and mortality in screened women as a result. Indeed, one of the most dramatic revelations of our time occurred last year when a*National Cancer Institute commissioned expert panel*concluded that so-called 'early stage cancers' such as*Ductal Carcinoma In Situ*(DCIS) are not cancer at all, but benign or indolent growths. This implies that millions of women were wrongly diagnosed with 'breast cancer' over the past 30 years who would have been better off left undiagnosed and untreated.


Does Breast Screening Really 'Save Lives'? If So, Prove It





The oft-touted belief that 'breast screening saves lives,' or that the best form of 'prevention is through early detection,' has increasingly been challenged by the very peer-reviewed and published research – the "scientific evidence" -- that forms the only real justification for foisting them upon women.* These viral memes, now driving millions of women to subject themselves to*breast cancer causing diagnostic radiation*(see:*dangers of x-ray mammography*on our database), are no longer founded in anything more than the marketing copy of the industries that stand to profit greatly from the process of screening and treating breast 'cancers,' regardless of whether they are benign and indolent (like DCIS), or actually a cause for concern. (see:*The Dark Side of Breast Cancer Awareness Month)Only last month, we reported on the latest*British Medical Journal*study,[i]*involving 90,000 Canadian women, which compared breast cancer incidence and mortality up to 25 years in women aged 40-59 who did or did not undergo mammography screening.* The clear conclusion of the*25-year follow up study*was that regular mammogram screenings do not reduce breast cancer death rates, i.e. taken as a whole,*they don't save lives.This new study, therefore, is actually only confirming what a growing body of virtually unassailable evidence is telling us, and which our contributing writer Rolf Hefti, author of*The Mammogram Myth*(non-affiliate link), summarizes as follows:


The findings of this study corroborate copious previous research data I had documented in The Mammogram Myth that screening with mammography detects mostly indolent, low-grade "cancers" and misses much of the progressive fatal cancers, contradicting a main claim of benefit heavily disseminated by the medical-mammogram industry.In addition, the study's results suggest, again, that screening with mammography will lead to a lot of unnecessary invasive cancer treatments in women with innocuous, early-stage breast "cancer" due to overdiagnosis, while many women with aggressive advanced cancers, who presumably have the most need for these treatments, don't get them."




Like*so many other studies*that have been released on the topic of mammography's failure to produce a net benefit in screened populations, there are far deeper implications to women's physical and psychospiritual health that should be addressed. These include the following, excerpted from our article:*Fail: Another Mammography Study Finds They Don't Save Lives: *

redrat11
03-27-2014, 09:50 PM
Autism rates soar, now affects 1 in 68 children
Karen Weintraub, Special for USA TODAY 6:25 p.m. EDT March 27, 2014

http://0.everyday-families.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/pregnant-woman-belly.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/03/27/autism-rates-rise/6957815/

Autism rates climbed nearly 30% between 2008 and 2010 and have more than doubled since the turn of the century, according to a new study from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The condition is now believed to affect one of every 68 8-year-olds – up from one in 88 just two years earlier.


That means virtually every grade in every elementary school has at least one child with autism – a seemingly astonishing rise for a condition that was nearly unheard of a generation ago.

What's still unknown is the driver of that increase. Many experts believe the rise is largely due to better awareness and diagnosis rather than a true increase in the number of children with the condition.

"We don't know the extent those factors explain in terms of the increase, but we clearly know they do play a role," said Coleen Boyle, director of the National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities at the CDC. "Our system tells us what's going on. It (only) gives us clues as to the why."

The aging of parents is also known to be a factor; the chances of autism increase with the age of parents at conception.

"But that's not the whole story is it?" said Robert Ring, chief science officer for Autism Speaks, a research and advocacy group. Whether something in the environment could be causing the uptick remains "the million-dollar question," Ring said.

Despite their concern, experts said they were not surprised by the increase, because other data had suggested the numbers would continue to climb. In New Jersey, for instance, autism rates were 50% higher than in the rest of the nation in 2000, and they remained that much higher in 2010 – suggesting the national rates will continue to rise to catch up, said Walter Zahorodny, a psychologist who directs the New Jersey Autism Study. "To me it seems like autism prevalence can only get higher," he said.

The new study also showed that blacks continue to lag behind whites and Hispanics in diagnoses. Zahorodny, also an assistant professor at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, said the gap has persisted for so long that he thinks it may be real – that blacks may be less vulnerable to autism for some unknown reason. Others are quicker to blame lack of medical access for the difference.

"We know that there are significant under-diagnosis problems in minority communities and among women and girls," said Ari Ne'eman, a member of the National Council on Disability and president of the Autistic Self-Advocacy Network. The group tries to empower autistic people to advocate for themselves. The new CDC numbers show five times more boys with autism than girls. The girls and blacks who have intellectual disabilities as well as autism are getting counted, but the smarter kids are not, said Ne'eman, who has autism himself. "Many of the cases that are easier to miss are being missed in those populations."

To be diagnosed on autism spectrum, someone must have deficits in three areas: communications, social skills and typical behavior. Roughly one-third of the children in the CDC study also had intellectual deficits, with the remainder showing normal or above-average intelligence.

To come up with its new figures, the CDC reviewed medical and school records from 2010 at 11 different sites across the country. There is a huge range in autism prevalence across those sites, from one child in 175 found with autism in Alabama, to one in 46 in New Jersey. Boyle said the difference may be explained, at least in part, by differences in community resources for identifying and serving children with autism. Other reporting sites were in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Maryland, Missouri, North Carolina, Utah and Wisconsin.

The CDC has used the same method to determine autism prevalence every two years since 2000, showing a 120% increase in autism rates between 2000 and 2010.

The average age a child is diagnosed with autism has fallen, but remains above age 4 – though diagnosis is possible by age 2. Research suggests that the earlier a child with autism receives therapy the better the chance of limiting their deficits.

The message to parents is that if they have concerns about their child's early play, speech or movement, they should raise those concerns with with doctors and caregivers, Boyle said.

Prevalence rates quickly become fodder for politics. Several members of Congress and advocacy groups took the opportunity Thursday to promote continued funding for autism treatment and research. The $780 million Combatting Autism Act is currently up for renewal.

"This is a loud message to people in Washington that we need leadership here," said Liz Feld, president of Autism Speaks. "A national strategy that addresses all the needs of the autism community across the lifespan is what is needed now more than ever."

Others criticized the suggestion that the rising numbers reflect an "epidemic" of autism. Instead, Ne'eman argued: "Autism is something that we're born with, that always existed."

-------


http://www.adventureassoc.com/us/new-jersey/new-jersey.gif



U.S. autism rates up 30% in two years; N.J. is highest in study


http://www.philly.com/philly/health/mental-health/20140327_U_S__autism_rates_up_30__two_years__N_J__ is_highest.html


Stacey Burling, Inquirer Staff Writer

Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014, 1:49 PM



A new federal report shows yet another increase in the percentage of children with autism, with New Jersey having the highest rate of 11 states studied.

The report, released Thursday by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, found that 1 in 68 children had autism in the regions studied, which were not representative of the country as a whole. In New Jersey, long a hotbed of the diagnosis, the rate was 1 in 45.

The disorder is almost five times more common in boys than in girls.

The rates, based on 2010 data, were up 30 percent from two years earlier. They have more than doubled both nationwide and in New Jersey since the first report was done in 2000. The CDC estimates that 1.2 million people under the age of 21 are on the autism spectrum.


Walter Zahorodny, an epidemiologist and psychologist at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School who directed data collection in New Jersey, said the new report should put to rest the argument over whether the increase in autism diagnoses stems from growing awareness or reflects growing numbers of children with the disabling condition.

"It's a true increase," he said. "It's a change of great magnitude. It's silly to go on debating that." He expects the numbers to climb higher before they plateau.

Jennifer Pinto-Martin, an epidemiologist in the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing who worked on previous versions of the report, is not so sure. While the CDC has been using the same definition for many years, she said, changing attitudes have made it easier to get the diagnosis.

Both agreed that one reason New Jersey's numbers are high is that the state has particularly good record-keeping and services.


At a CDC briefing for reporters on Thursday, Coleen Boyle, director of the National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, sidestepped the "why" question by saying there is evidence that some of the increase is due to changes in diagnosis without elaborating on what is responsible for the rest of it.

The report, which is based on 2010 data, looked at the prevalence of autism among 8-year-olds in parts of 11 states. Overall, 14.7 out of every 1,000 children had an autism spectrum disorder. The part of New Jersey studied - Essex, Union, Hudson and Ocean counties - had 21.9. A similar report based on 2000 and 2002 data put the New Jersey rate at almost half that: 10.6 per 1,000.

Pennsylvania was not included in the most recent report. Pinto-Martin said it dropped out because researchers were unable to get education data, which is used to augment information from health-care providers. The four states included in Thursday's report that did not have school data all had lower autism rates than states that gave the CDC access to more information.

Nationally, the rate per 1,000 was 6.7 in 2000, 8.0 in 2004, 9 in 2006 and 11.3 in 2008.

Symptoms for people who are on the autism spectrum can range from mild to severe. The disorder is characterized by communication problems, obsessional interests and repetitive movements. Diagnosis is based on symptoms, not a medical test. The median age of diagnosis is about 4-1/2 years.

In successive reports over time, a growing proportion of children characterized as autistic have been of normal intelligence. Thirty-two percent were average or above in 2002, compared to 46 percent in 2010, the new report said.

The official description of autism changed last year when a new verson of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the DSM-5, was published. The new CDC report used the old definition. Some autism advocates are concerned that the new definition will reduce the number of children with the diagnosis, leaving fewer kids eligible for special services.

sburling@phillynews.com

215-854-4944

@StaceyABurling


---------


https://www.nichd.nih.gov/news/resources/spotlight/PublishingImages/051013-baby-brain.jpg



Brain Changes Suggest Autism Starts In The Womb
by Jon Hamilton

March 26, 2014 6:30 PM


http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/03/26/294446735/brain-changes-suggest-autism-starts-in-the-womb

The symptoms of autism may not be obvious until a child is a toddler, but the disorder itself appears to begin well before birth.

Brain tissue taken from children who died and also happened to have autism revealed patches of disorganization in the cortex, a thin sheet of cells that's critical for learning and memory, researchers report in the New England Journal of Medicine. Tissue samples from children without autism didn't have those characteristic patches.

Organization of the cortex begins in the second trimester of pregnancy. "So something must have gone wrong at or before that time," says Eric Courchesne, an author of the paper and director of the Autism Center of Excellence at the University of California, San Diego.

The finding should bolster efforts to understand how genes control brain development and lead to autism. It also suggests that treatment should start early in childhood, when the brain is capable of rewiring to work around damaged areas.

The study grew out of research by Courchesne on development of the cortex in children with autism. In typical kids, the cortex is "like a layer cake," he says. "There are six layers, one on top of the other, and in each layer there are different types of brain cells."

Courchesne suspected that these layers might be altered in the brains of children with autism. So he and a team of researchers studied samples of cortex from 11 children with autism and an equal number of typical kids. The cortex came from areas known to be associated with the symptoms of autism.

In the brain tissue from typical children, the cortex had six distinct layers, each made up of a specific type of cell. But in the children with autism, "there are patches in which specific cells in specific layers seem to be missing," Courchesne says. So instead of distinct layers, there are disorganized collections of brain cells.

These patches of disorganized cortex would have different effects on the brain depending on where they occur and how many there are, Courchesne says. That could help explain why the symptoms of autism vary so much.

And finding that the damage isn't everywhere suggests how a child's brain might compensate by rewiring to avoid the trouble spots, Courchesne says. "That's one of our guesses about how it is that autistic children, with treatment, very commonly get better," he says.


The new study appears to confirm research from the University of California, Los Angeles showing that people with autism tend to have genetic changes that could disturb the formation of layers in the cortex.

And it adds to the already considerable evidence that autism starts in the womb, says Dr. Stanley Nelson, a geneticist at UCLA. "The overwhelming set of data is that the problems are existing during brain development, probably as an embryo or fetus," he says.

But some of the new study's findings are surprising and even a bit perplexing, Nelson says. For example, it's odd that only certain bits of brain tissue contain these disorganized cells. "Why is the whole cortex not disorganized?" he says.

It's also odd that 10 of the 11 children with autism had the same sort of disorganized patches of cortex, Nelson says. That's not what you would expect with a disorder known to involve many different genes, presumably affecting many different aspects of brain development.

So he'd like to know what researchers would find if they looked at hundreds of brains instead of just a few. "What fraction of all the kids with autism are going to have these small patches?" he says. "I think the jury's out on that."

Nelson is right that there's no clear answer yet, says Ed Lein, one of the paper's authors and an investigator at the Allen Institute for Brain Science in Seattle. But it's possible that many different combinations of genes involved in autism could lead to the same patches of disorganization in the layers of cortex.

Finding out whether that's the case will be difficult because there is a shortage of brains from children available to researchers. Parents of children who die — with and without autism — rarely agree to donate their child's brain to science.

Scientific and advocacy groups are trying to change that with a program that informs families about tissue donation and a website that encourages people with autism and their families to get involved in research projects.