PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Dirty Tricks? 'Security Update' plugs up Internet - Solution Get Vista

summerops77
06-12-2008, 03:40 AM
I personally am witness to some strange happenings on my computer - namely my Mozilla Firefox was VERY SLOW, AND HANGING OFTEN. Its not that my computer is fast, its VERY FAST with 4GB of Ram, a Quad Core Phenon 9600 Processor, ad infinitum.

Strangely and magically when I unstalled the latest security patches from 'Microzoft' all of a sudden the machine speed up incredibly - and my Mozilla is working well again... Lets get realistic here - Windows XP has been out for several years now, and they are still releasing 'patches' for it. Strangely I also noticed that my Mozilla Firefox would hang, but my Internet Explorer would still work. I would physically throw the computer into the garbage before I would use Internet Explorer - PERIOD.

Vista is a crime against humanity all you need to read is found at BadVista.org: Stopping Microsoft Windows Vista adoption by promoting free software — BadVista (http://www.badvista.org/) and now I am wondering if they are 'encouraging' transition over to Vista by 'crippling' XP with 'security patches.'

Anyone noticing anything similar?

KennyWally
06-15-2008, 12:36 AM
the only thing close to that was, java screwed up firefox, or maybe it was a bad download for a java update.

but anytime I tried to save anything with firefox on xp, it just took ages to download it AND release the browser so I could scroll down etc...

I don't trust them anymore than the next guy, but I can't say for sure that you are right.

mangaman
07-07-2008, 02:09 PM
I personally am witness to some strange happenings on my computer - namely my Mozilla Firefox was VERY SLOW, AND HANGING OFTEN. Its not that my computer is fast, its VERY FAST with 4GB of Ram, a Quad Core Phenon 9600 Processor, ad infinitum.

Strangely and magically when I unstalled the latest security patches from 'Microzoft' all of a sudden the machine speed up incredibly - and my Mozilla is working well again... Lets get realistic here - Windows XP has been out for several years now, and they are still releasing 'patches' for it. Strangely I also noticed that my Mozilla Firefox would hang, but my Internet Explorer would still work. I would physically throw the computer into the garbage before I would use Internet Explorer - PERIOD.

Vista is a crime against humanity all you need to read is found at BadVista.org: Stopping Microsoft Windows Vista adoption by promoting free software BadVista (http://www.badvista.org/) and now I am wondering if they are 'encouraging' transition over to Vista by 'crippling' XP with 'security patches.'

Anyone noticing anything similar?

They might possibly be doing that as Vista is not getting a lot of sales. I know someone who has Vista and they said that when they download stuff off the internet and try to install a message comes up saying that it is not compatible w/ Vista. Thanks for the info as I will no longer download any patches for my XP.