PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the world will be like in 2052?

Valen.S
08-21-2008, 01:17 AM
Surbz guys!

Just interested in knowing what you guys think.

What do you think the world will be like in 2052?
This is in terms of Technology.
How we govern and look after ourselves.
What the state of the world is like.
So on.

Slammin'

justgroovy
08-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Surbz guys!

Just interested in knowing what you guys think.

What do you think the world will be like in 2052?
This is in terms of Technology.
How we govern and look after ourselves.
What the state of the world is like.
So on.

Slammin'

What I think the world will be like and what I wish the world would be like are two different things.

I wish we would have replicators (ala Star Trek not Stargate :P) and transporter rooms.

Valen.S
08-21-2008, 02:10 PM
What I think the world will be like and what I wish the world would be like are two different things.

I wish we would have replicators (ala Star Trek not Stargate :P) and transporter rooms.

Well then, give us both. In more detail.

What exactly do you mean by replicators? I know what replicator means but I don't know what you mean. Be more specific :).

Transporter rooms? Like teleportation platforms?
Teleportation is closer to the target of 2052.

justgroovy
08-21-2008, 05:06 PM
well star trek replicators are some sort of machine that instantly makes just about any food you want ... you just kind of say "coffee" or "macaroni and cheese" and the replicator just spits it out.

transporter rooms are transportation devices. you kind of just get on, pick a location and get beamed to those coordinates. i don't love to fly and as a result i think i'm missing out on seeing some great stuff across the pond.

BeenThereDoneThat
08-21-2008, 08:52 PM
I think at that time it will be closed for repair!:)

Valen.S
08-22-2008, 05:37 AM
well star trek replicators are some sort of machine that instantly makes just about any food you want ... you just kind of say "coffee" or "macaroni and cheese" and the replicator just spits it out.

transporter rooms are transportation devices. you kind of just get on, pick a location and get beamed to those coordinates. i don't love to fly and as a result i think i'm missing out on seeing some great stuff across the pond.

Well, would this tickle your fancy?...

A liquid, that tastes like any beverage you think of?
So if you thought of Beer, it would taste like beer, and you could get drunk (placebo however)

As for transporter rooms... Is this close enough?...

Say, in every home, there is a booth.
Before you walk into the both you type in the number code designated to another booth, you step in the booth and you are teleported to the booth in which you typed in on the previous booth.

Does this all suffice?

Slammin'

Valen.S
08-22-2008, 05:38 AM
I think at that time it will be closed for repair!:)

Minus a good 15 years or so