PDA

View Full Version : "Bessie" The Bamboo Shoot - Does Microwave Water Kill?

truebeliever
05-05-2005, 12:38 AM
At last...the experiment of the ages...stand back Tesla...

"Bessie" was a bamboo shoot orphan that nobody cared about so she is a suitable subject for an uncontrolled, ill informed experiment with out her permission.

Start date is Thursday 5-5-05...thats 5th of May.

Time is 13.34 hours.

Photo shows subject pre water.

Note healthy shoots, upright stance.

Photo taken with Cannon Ixus 30...highly recommend...great image quality from small "snappy" camera.

To be continued...

http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~falluga/Bessie 5-5-05.jpg

nomad
05-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Awesome this is gonna be interesting.

:-D

nohope187
05-05-2005, 06:51 PM
I nuke my water all the time for tea. If nobody sees any posts from me next week, then you know nuked water kills. :-P :pint: :evil:

truebeliever
05-10-2005, 03:49 AM
Bessie was watered on 7th of May.

Cup of water boiled in microwave then allowed to cool to room temperature.

Bessie is in co-co fibre.

Bessie does not look well. A little under the weather. Leaves are drooping...

http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~falluga/Bessie 2.jpg

nohope187
05-10-2005, 07:18 PM
That's just one leaf, Bessie's still green and healthy. Need more conclusive evidence. :-P

this
05-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Tip: Go off micro'd food for a month or so and then try some, and monitor your health about 1/2 hour later. Most warm food you eat in restaurants is micro'd.

There was a limited experiment showing that micro'd food caused elevated levels in the blood of a threat to the immune system.

nohope187
05-10-2005, 07:31 PM
I wasn't talking about nuked food, I'm talking about nuked water.

this
05-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Food includes water, Hopeless

truebeliever
05-10-2005, 08:51 PM
The experiment is ONGOING!

A couple of waters at least.

I dont expect her to drop dead immediately.

She's bright and sparkly this am.

Probably just a little shock from the good watering.

Co co fibre holds alot of water.

I personally doubt the microwave theory.

I hope so...i dont want to have to buy my flatmate a new bamboo shoot.

Jimbo
05-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Plant Experiment ??? :-o :-o :-o

Yeah, our bodies are much more sophisticated & therefore can take much longer & prolonged abuse. I think we also have some built in mechanisms to filter out all of that junk we give ourselves. For example, the liver filters out the blood, & only after decades of alcohol abuse it finally gives up. Now, if you are as wealthy as “Keith Richards,” from the “Rolling Stones” & have the luxury of multiple “blood transfusion’s,” then you don’t need a liver. Now that’s what I call a real “human vampire”. I love Richard though. God bless him. Also, we have a digestive track, which this plant obviously does not have, & therefore can not eat microwaved bacon (not that anyone would want to eat that…)

By the way, I am a proud “conventional-oven” kind of guy. I have a microwave-oven sitting there (I didn’t buy), but it’s just as good as new, since I never use it, or anyone else for that matter. This is my house & the rules are "conventional"...

We should ask “Bessie” for forgiveness before it’s all over…
8-)

Max
05-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Truebeliever- for a better experiment you should have a second near idential plant right next to "Bessie" that gets an equal amount of un-nuked water.

nohope187
05-11-2005, 06:52 PM
this wrote:
Food includes water, Hopeless
Okay smart guy, show me where water is defined as food.

truebeliever
05-11-2005, 08:07 PM
True Max, but that would have required effort.

As it was, I turned around in my executive swivel chair and there she stood! As if we had been waiting for each other all our lives.

Besides, i am a great scientist...and as we know, ALL great 'known' scientists do the very least for their fame. Usually entailing copying others work and then claiming it exclusively for their own....OR, faking the results.

All rumours of large sums paid into my account by the Microwave industry are rapscallion rumours spread by braggarts and men of ill repute.

Now if you'll excuse me...i have a plane to catch...have to get their early for the first class seats to Paris... 8-)
---------------------------------------------------
Jimbo, i used to work on the ward that did the workups for the liver transplant unit here in Perth.

The liver is ABSOLOUTLY amazing. Huge regenerating capacity. You can take 1/3 of it...place it in any sized human and within 7 weeks it will have grown to the perfect size of the recipient.

It can take mountains of abuse...but when it goes, it goes...

BTW...transplants are in large part a fraud. I tell you...they are as sick as dogs and in the case of liver transplants not very successful but it generates alot of income for the medical industry.

Average basic cost of LT...$250,000 Oz money...more in U.S. Then $15,000 to $30,000 in 'Cyclosporins', anti rejection drugs...and then usually death within a year or two.

They only put em on the telly when they're all frsh and healthy. You dont see them the other %80 of the time as crook as dogs.

I'm glad of my time in nursing. Saw so much stuff which reminded me just how tough and fragile the human body is.