PDA

View Full Version : BofA Posed for Temporary Shutdown...

summerops77
10-02-2008, 09:13 PM
NEW TITLE: Bank of America poised for temporary shut-down. What about other banks? | Campaign for Liberty at the Daily Paul (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/66028)

NEW TITLE: Bank of America poised for temporary shut-down. What about other banks?
Posted October 2nd, 2008 by Rubiebaby

I just received this in an email from a friend of mine. Also, a very close friend of mine who works for a local bank called me today and told me to "get my money out". That's all she would say.

This is the email I got:

"Reliable word that Bank of America branch managers just received a letter or memo from the USFed instructing them to perhaps be ready for a one-week universal shut-down of the banking system, including access to checking accounts, savings accounts and credit cards. Reliable word has it that BofA bank branches received a shipment of signs last week, reading “We're sorry, but due to circumstances beyond our control, we cannot be open at this time.”

BlueAngel
10-02-2008, 09:40 PM
NEW TITLE: Bank of America poised for temporary shut-down. What about other banks? | Campaign for Liberty at the Daily Paul (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/66028)

NEW TITLE: Bank of America poised for temporary shut-down. What about other banks?
Posted October 2nd, 2008 by Rubiebaby

I just received this in an email from a friend of mine. Also, a very close friend of mine who works for a local bank called me today and told me to "get my money out". That's all she would say.

This is the email I got:

"Reliable word that Bank of America branch managers just received a letter or memo from the USFed instructing them to perhaps be ready for a one-week universal shut-down of the banking system, including access to checking accounts, savings accounts and credit cards. Reliable word has it that BofA bank branches received a shipment of signs last week, reading “We're sorry, but due to circumstances beyond our control, we cannot be open at this time.”

This sounds quite serious.

If Ron Paul is aware of this, perhaps he should alert the public.

BlueAngel
10-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Due to the severity of your PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT of a one week shut-down of all banks in the US, I would suggest that in the future, you place such critical information under the NEWS forum and not the GENERAL forum.

Do YOU realize the fear/panic that can be induced in people by posting what you did without having any knowledge whatsoever as to whether or not what you posted has any shred of truth to it?

Spreading fear is what THEY do.

justgroovy
10-03-2008, 08:28 AM
I googled tihs and found 4 instances of it on the internet, none of them reliable news sources. TheDailyPaul is not Ron Paul's website, although to be fair it looks like it could be.

BlueAngel
10-03-2008, 11:59 AM
I would assume, using Paul's face and name that he is affiliated with it.

Also, don't know who would be considered a reliable source.