PDA

View Full Version : Zeitgeist & The Venus Project

Raiderdad
10-16-2008, 08:20 AM
1st post....wanted to join to turn over a few more pages in this arena.

The main reason I've joined is to see if I can learn more w/re to the 2 topics in the header here. I did take a fast glance at some of the topics around here & did not see either topic mentioned...perhaps they're burried somewhere?

Anyway....anyone seen Zeitgeist & or the newly released addendum yet?

Also....The Venus Project (TVP) which was given a mention in The Zeitgesit Addendum. As far as TVP goes .....agreed in that it all sounds quite pollayannish or even utopian...however I do agree & feel that we do have the technology to pull this off. The ahrd part of course would be to take out the powers that be who are now in control & manipulating us....as in all the collective govts around the globe.

Not having any need for currency & or politics....ler along work.....imagine that. I guess this is what John & Yoko were signing about in Imagime. ".....why don't you come & join me?...." ;)

Looking forward to learning more as time permits....I'm a stay at home dad w/2 girls....a 3 yr old & 6 yr old so time is not on my side...ok enuff music analogys & lil emoticons already :)

I'll finish w/the links to both topics (which should also appear in my sig but I'm not sure if I did it all right so I'll add'em here at the end in my 1st post ta see if it indeed worked) should anyone else here be interested in learning more. & note, w/re to Zeitgeist & the newly released Addendum.....dont download it to view....it'll take way too long as both docs are a lil over 2 hrs long...simply view it off the Google or Youtube link is your best way. Def worth your time imo.

Zeitgeist - The Movie (http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/)

The Venus Project - The Redesign of a culture (http://www.thevenusproject.com/)

Cheers!!

P.S. spelling errors are part of my M.O...sorry. No time ta proof as I'm typically always posting in a rush....ya know...got the ankle biters here to watch over...well that's my excuse anyhow & I'm sticken to it. I did graduate college (albeit back in 89).....but dont think I really learned all that much....def have learned way more once finally getting out of school....but the stuff I've come ta learn doesn't necessarilly make me any happier....& most especially since closely following the currency mrkt for the last 2+ yrs...very interesting stuff especially if you're into conspiracy theory's & how all the money around the globe flows :eek: Def a topic for another thread & one I am very interested in also discussing here.

Ok...thast was quite a P.S. there...gotta run....ck back later on today...time ta go try & raise a better, more informed future for us all.

justgroovy
10-16-2008, 10:50 AM
welcome aboard!

Edit: Zeitgeist front page has some missing images.

Raiderdad
10-16-2008, 01:38 PM
But u can still stream it right?

Is Zeitgeist something that you're hearing about for the 1st time? If not, have you seen it before & or know what it's all about?

I think this would be quite the topic for this forum....unless of course I'm bringing old news here which could very well be the case.

justgroovy
10-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Yes the movie is working for me.

Did you make it?

Raiderdad
10-16-2008, 02:47 PM
No I sure didn't....but thx for even entertaining the thought that I could put something like that together;)

& Leonardo.....sure, I guess Revolution would be the fitting tune for Zeitgeist....but truth be known, I feel the answer to Zeitgeist is The Venus Project....& to that I would have to use Lennon's "Imagine"

I must say that I will be somewhat shocked to learn that folks here have not heard of either Zeitgesit & or TVP before. I was truly expecting at least some previous threads here on at least Zeitgeist.

To this end, I am very much so looking forward to everyone's thoughts & comments on both after you've had a chance to absorb all the info.

It's nap time over here so pounding away at the keyboard is a huge no-no.....so I'll go take a rest myself & crap out in front of the tube for an hr or so...then we're off to go p/up the 1st grader & directly over to gymnastics class. I'll try & check a lil later on tonight....maybe during the game when the D'Rays clinch the AL & move on to the WS. In late June I took Tampa Bay (in Reno..not Vegas...I'm more the Reno type...lol) @ 12-1 ta win it all so I'm pretty happy right about now :D & yes, I've been known to be a degenerate gambler....albeit a low baller....VERY low baller....the 12-1 was only for $40.....so if it hits, it'll pay for the 3 day trip up there to collect...& a lil fun $$$ ta boot....but that's 'bout it.

Cheers!! & GO D'Rays!!

BlueAngel
10-16-2008, 08:23 PM
But u can still stream it right?

Is Zeitgeist something that you're hearing about for the 1st time? If not, have you seen it before & or know what it's all about?

I think this would be quite the topic for this forum....unless of course I'm bringing old news here which could very well be the case.

In a nut shell, could you inform us as to what Zeitgeist is?

Another mystery?

Raiderdad
10-16-2008, 10:43 PM
It has to do w/re to all the various forms of manipulation....from religion to govt. Speaks to global money flows (as in follow the money to uncover the truth kinda stuff) as well how pretty much all throughout the last several decades there's been a not so coordinated attempt by all the major economies & thus govts of the world to keep their populations as suppressed as possibe. Wether it be by war or via finance...like taxes & interest.

Did you know that there's no law on the books that states we must pay income tax? & technically....via an admendment or 2, one could actually argue that imposing income taxes on the population goes against our alien rights.

I highly suggest you at least give it a few mins of your time....& by all means after that if you don't like what ya see/hear...turn it off. I am not here to force views upon anyone. My intentions for coming here are only to spur a healthy conversation about this...nothing more.

Peace!!

Raiderdad
10-16-2008, 11:35 PM
Here....I just dug this brief narative up......'splains it all far better than I ever could...lol

<TABLE class=profileTable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=label>Type:</TD><TD class=data>Common Interest (http://www.facebook.com/s.php?k=200000010&c1=4) - Beliefs & Causes (http://www.facebook.com/s.php?k=200000010&c1=4&c2=58)

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=label>Description:

</TD><TD class=data>Zeitgeist, the Movie is a 2007 documentary film, produced by Peter Joseph about the Jesus myth hypothesis, the attacks of 9/11, and the Federal Reserve Bank as well as a number of conspiracy theories related to those three main topics. It was released free online via Google Video in June of 2007. A remastered version was presented as a global premiere on November 10, 2007 at the 4th Annual Artivist Film Festival & Artivist Awards. The film has attracted significant public interest

ZEITGEIST - The Documentary of a Lifetime | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2387104234)

Significant public interest it says.....well that's not the case for this joint....lol Sure hope that changes tho....

Peace!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

justgroovy
10-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say that I did manage to watch the first half of the zeitgeist documentary (it's very rare that I have 2 hours of time to watch much of anything unfortunately) and I thought it was very good.

And as far as the term zetigeist goes, I'm not sure if I've heard it called that, but I think that we are all aware of the scam that is the federal reserve, so no, this isn't news to any of us.

BlueAngel
10-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say that I did manage to watch the first half of the zeitgeist documentary (it's very rare that I have 2 hours of time to watch much of anything unfortunately) and I thought it was very good.

And as far as the term zetigeist goes, I'm not sure if I've heard it called that, but I think that we are all aware of the scam that is the federal reserve, so no, this isn't news to any of us.

Thanks for that, Groovy. ;)

Raiderdad
10-17-2008, 10:37 AM
but presented in this way it sure does make it all even scarier. Hopefully you'll get a chance to watch the rest as there were several other facets that it spoke to...religion, numerology, etc.

I do realize w/re to what folks have been sayin about the fed...& espeically now....however ya gotta give the producers credit for pretty much calling the events of today in advance. I don't think even they thought this would all come to pass so soon. It was only put out approx 2 yrs ago....& as mentioned, the newly released addendum is even better....as at the end it actually speaks to what we can do to try & gain some control over what's going on. It is all quite scary....esepcially when you see stuff like the following which is fresh off the presses....

This weekend they meet!

"Blueprint for Worldwide Currency System" straight from the horses mouth.

Yahoo! (http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=10235053&ch=4226714&news)

All I can say is.....even if this doesn't happen (1 currency) which it most likely wont...at least not right now...the fact that it is even on the table & being considered should scare the beejeezus oudda everyone who has 1/2 a brain. & if we dont try to act now in some way & get organized, I can gurantee you that eventually this will all happen....it's been going in this direction for many yrs now & the bush regime has seemed to have sped up the process considerably.

This is one reason why I feel following global economimcs is critical...not to be a supporter of capitialism, but to be better informed. I hope I am not coming off as some day trader/capitialistic pig. I tend to believe in the saying..."know your friends well but your enemies better"

Thx for taking the time to watch the 1st part....I know I had to watch it all approx 3 times to really absorb it all...very scary stuff indeed.

Cheers!!

Raiderdad
10-17-2008, 10:45 AM
I really hope more folks here will take the time to watch this & the addendum....if anything, you will be better informed.

Talk about the mother of all conspiracy theories here.

& also....fresh off the presses......1 currency being proposed....

Yahoo! (http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=10235053&ch=4226714&news)

Have they not already got the ball rolling here w/the euro?

Be informed.....slowly but (& not so slowly as of late) surely your rights are being compromised & even in some regards taken away from you.

How does the saying go....follow the $$$ & truth will set you free....one can only hope.

Cheers!!

justgroovy
10-17-2008, 09:01 PM
i twittered it

BlueAngel
10-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Why does raiderdad say YOUR rights are being taken away from you?

What about his rights?

More appropriate would be OUR rights.

Twittered!

HA, HA!

Raiderdad
10-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Damn....I got exposed & so fast....ya got me BA...I'm a govt plant here whose taking copius notes....so be afraid...very afraid. We're on to you so dont step oudda line or else :eek:

Seriously now.....the use of the word "your" was only used to make it sound more personal. Of course they are my rights as well....I had no idea I was gonna be so scrutinized here....guess I shoulda known better.

Sheesh!!!

& I have no clue what twittered means...sorry for my ignorance. Is that some sorta conspiracy insider lingo for my cover's been blown? :p

justgroovy
10-18-2008, 10:55 AM
twitter.com -- it's one of those socialnetworking type of places

And nothing ever gets by BA so choose your words carefully, she will not hesitate to question anyone about anything =)

Anastasis
10-18-2008, 11:21 AM
you find this informative and may read it already but, i'll print it here again about the venus project a subject studied for several years now.

Zeitgeist: Addendum and The Venus Project hoax

Posted By point On October 8, 2008 @ 10:57 pm In Politics | 24 Comments

View the Zeitgeist film at the bottom of this post.

Little Bites of Point Print Zeitgeist: Addendum and The Venus Project hoax (http://www.pointbite.com/2008/10/08/zeitgeist-addendum-and-the-venus-project-hoax/print/)

The Venus Project assumes there can be an abundance of everything. That is simply not true. Technology can make many things abundant and the film discusses energy in great detail, but that is hardly everything. Human demand is limitless, itís simply not possible for 6 billion people to each live in a 5000 square foot mansion with attached private beach on the Florida coast. We live in a finite world and I am simply not convinced that even the base assumption proselytized by this film is realistic. In fact, it appears to be terribly flawed and reminiscent of discredited communist rhetoric.

The creator of this film doesnít seem to understand the difference between money and currency. Money is not the paper bills we use as a medium to exchange goods and services, money is a store of purchasing power that is represented by currency. Eliminating currency will not eliminate crime and corruption because the purpose of greed in a free market capitalist system was never to get more money but to get the stuff money can buy. As long as there is stuff there will always be ways to acquire it, and thus, money. In the absence of currency perhaps power and influence become the new money, isnít that much worse? If the intent is to achieve a more equitable distribution of stuff, and you believe that is desirable, itís ironically much easier for that to be accomplished with currency. In reality when resources become abundant, money does not lose value, it gains value as it allows you to consume much more. Everybody who has money would LOVE to see an abundance of resources for all humanity. The problem is not the money, itís the debt. If people could afford everything they wanted they would stop borrowing to consume and put the banks out of business.

The reason capitalism discourages the selling of products until abundance is not because of a hatred of humanity, itís because the capital required to fund those businesses could be better used to increase the supply of something else that is more in need of investment. How do we know that? By looking at prices! Take away the price system and you will have no way to know what the people want. You would need yet another corruptible ďdemocraticĒ election process or a dictator to make decisions on your behalf. Here again the problem is not capitalism or profit, itís debt. When money is cheap people no longer compete for scarce savings to maximize the efficiency of the money supply, they just build whatever the hell they want without regard for sustainability through profit because debt by inflation is always available from the banks. That creates inequality and poverty. In the new proposed system, if resources were cheap or freely available to everyone just as currency is today, competing projects would also have no incentive to maximize the efficient use of those resources. Everyone with influence (money) would support whichever pet projects provide maximum benefit to themselves. Whatís the difference? When currency runs out, more is printed. When money runs out, prices adjust. When resources run out, what then?

The biggest corrupting pyramid scheme of them all is not even the creation of currency through debt, itís how the newly created currency is distributed. With the Venus Project, as the first 100 units of some new technology become available, how will it be distributed? Who gets it first? The delivery of technology necessitates the creation of some sort of order or class system just as it does with currency. There will still be a hierarchy of people making the decisions and a hierarchy of people benefiting from them. Today the people who use the newly created debt currency first benefit the most, in the new proposed system the people who get the newly created technology first benefit the most. They could even trade their privileges like a commodity for other stuff, like that prime Florida real estate thatís still scarce. Please donít pretend real estate as currency is some novel idea.

Who will design and build the machines and how will they be compensated? Pretending people will continue to work without compensation by blaming capitalist propaganda is a cop-out. Will you just give them even more of the stuff that is already in abundance, or perhaps some exclusive stuff that only the contributors enjoy? Would they not just trade those things like any other currency? Who will make sure the machines are not used for the benefit of one person or another, if there is no state or law? Who will prevent organized crime from cornering the market of still scarce primary materials?

The problem with our current system, as with any other, is not one of money. The people ďbehind the curtainĒ as they are often called do not need more money ó they already have control over the printing press ó what motivates them is power. A resource based system does not eliminate that desire, if anything it enhances the power elite by making it difficult for ordinary people to protect themselves with savings. In our current system, power is achieved by the manipulation of currency people believe is money. It is possible to take away the currency and the power yet maintain an honest money free market capitalist system. The people in control have already had everything in abundance for generations and this utopia has never been their experience, what makes you think this project will be any different with the masses? The cry of ďthis time it will be differentĒ is as shallow as ever, itís not different, itís never different. It has never been different and it never will be. People would find other things to fight about: sex, gossip, art, fashion, music, etc. There is no way I will ever buy into this experiment on a global scale without at least a trace of plausibility. The only way for this system to be functional is to abandon its principles from the outset since without some new religion to indoctrinate the people with its new philosophy the idea is pure fantasy.

Raiderdad
10-18-2008, 11:22 AM
So why was twitter mentioned in reply to my post? u r not telling me to leave would ya? lol :p

& w/re to being questioned about everything....I applaud that.....as long as folks listen w/a truly open ear & mind.

There's no such thing as a stupid question...after all, w/out questioning, how can one truly be informed & thus remain on the path of constant learning?

Cheers!!

Anastasis
10-18-2008, 11:29 AM
hi raiderdad. pleasant to meet you so much. we having discussions last year as i recall that about the zeitgeist film, nevertheless and howeversomuch, you may walk the following critique with an open mind to find truth about the zeitgeist hoax.

<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=7572663630528394775&hl=en&fs=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

justgroovy
10-18-2008, 11:38 AM
So why was twitter mentioned in reply to my post? u r not telling me to leave would ya? lol :p

Lol no.

If someone twitters something it just means they have posted it for anyone who visits their twitter account to see.

BlueAngel
10-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Damn....I got exposed & so fast....ya got me BA...I'm a govt plant here whose taking copius notes....so be afraid...very afraid. We're on to you so dont step oudda line or else :eek:

Seriously now.....the use of the word "your" was only used to make it sound more personal. Of course they are my rights as well....I had no idea I was gonna be so scrutinized here....guess I shoulda known better.

Sheesh!!!

& I have no clue what twittered means...sorry for my ignorance. Is that some sorta conspiracy insider lingo for my cover's been blown? :p

Now, did I say that you were a government plant?

Absolutely not.

I said you chose the wrong word.

It was merely an observation.

Raiderdad
10-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Again...I had no idea choosing the wrong word here was gonna even be an issue....I think ya got my point even so, no?

this is gonna be tough if I'm gonna be constantly graded/judged here by lil things like that.....it'd be nice if we could move beyond that so we can move forward & not taking up such time on matters as such. TYVM!!

Raiderdad
10-18-2008, 02:55 PM
TY for the replies & yes I look forward to hearing views that are opposed.

Thus I've bookmarked your clips for when I have some more time. I did watch the 1st few mins & have 1 question for u going forward....do you consider yourself to be a member of a religious org or would say that you at a minimum practice a faith?

Not that it truly matters one way or the other however it would be nice to know from what viewpoints you're posting from.

Having said that, in addition, do you have any ideas of how we can improve upon the way in which our society is being run? Your thoughts, views & comments are appreciated....& thx again for taking the time to point out other views.

Cheers!!

hi raiderdad. pleasant to meet you so much. we having discussions last year as i recall that about the zeitgeist film, nevertheless and howeversomuch, you may walk the following critique with an open mind to find truth about the zeitgeist hoax.

<EMBED id=VideoPlayback style="WIDTH: 400px; HEIGHT: 326px" src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=7572663630528394775&hl=en&fs=true type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true"> </EMBED>

BlueAngel
10-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Again...I had no idea choosing the wrong word here was gonna even be an issue....I think ya got my point even so, no?

this is gonna be tough if I'm gonna be constantly graded/judged here by lil things like that.....it'd be nice if we could move beyond that so we can move forward & not taking up such time on matters as such. TYVM!!

I wondered about your choice of the word YOUR freedoms instead of OUR freedoms.

That's all.

It's not an issue unless you choose to make it one.

You can move beyond it, I'm sure.

Constantly graded and criticized?

Huh?

I wondered about something.

Seems you're blowing this way out of proportion.

Who is taking up so much time on this matter?

Not me.

No need to respond.

Just move forward.

Raiderdad
10-18-2008, 08:16 PM
Surely u must be kidding w/all this....was it not YOU who made it an issue in the 1st place? I wasn't the one who was wondering about the use of a silly word....it was you who took the time to point that out not I...all I did was answer you & explain why I selected the word...yet you wanna pass it all off as if I'm the one whose all hung up on something....wadda hoot.

moving on woulda been to not get all hung up on such a silly thing to begin with...the mere fact that you even felt the need to bring up & point out such silly matter (choice of words) speaks volumes....& then pass it all off as if I'm the one whose being nit picky.....too funny u r.

makes one think you really enjoy being argumentitive....sorry....I aint biten..so there ya have it....but asking me to move on..move on from what? the fact that I replied to your question?

Whatever....OK....moving on if that's what ya wanna hear...actually, it sounds like you didn't wanna hear anything in reply b/c you told me no need to do so.....how nice of you to try & save me from a dreaded reply.

tell ya what BA....just ignore me & I'll do the same w/u...I think that'll be best moving forward....gettin all caught up on the small stuff as it seems you were (you were the one who 1st felt the need to point out the use of word & questioned me on it...remember?) is something for which I have no patience for....so how about this....I'll take a page oudda your M.O.....no need to reply...just move on...LMAO!!

But I can't guarantee you that I wont use the word "your" again as oppsoed to "our" in the future....so pls....try not to overthink yourself to death about it all.....life's way too short. Trust me....I'm not one of "them" LOL!!

e=BlueAngel;52331]I wondered about your choice of the word YOUR freedoms instead of OUR freedoms.

That's all.

Huh?

Not me.

No need to respond.

Just move forward.[/quote]

BlueAngel
10-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Surely u must be kidding w/all this....was it not YOU who made it an issue in the 1st place? I wasn't the one who was wondering about the use of a silly word....it was you who took the time to point that out not I...all I did was answer you & explain why I selected the word...yet you wanna pass it all off as if I'm the one whose all hung up on something....wadda hoot.

moving on woulda been to not get all hung up on such a silly thing to begin with...the mere fact that you even felt the need to bring up & point out such silly matter (choice of words) speaks volumes....& then pass it all off as if I'm the one whose being nit picky.....too funny u r.

makes one think you really enjoy being argumentitive....sorry....I aint biten..so there ya have it....but asking me to move on..move on from what? the fact that I replied to your question?

Whatever....OK....moving on if that's what ya wanna hear...actually, it sounds like you didn't wanna hear anything in reply b/c you told me no need to do so.....how nice of you to try & save me from a dreaded reply.

tell ya what BA....just ignore me & I'll do the same w/u...I think that'll be best moving forward....gettin all caught up on the small stuff as it seems you were (you were the one who 1st felt the need to point out the use of word & questioned me on it...remember?) is something for which I have no patience for....so how about this....I'll take a page oudda your M.O.....no need to reply...just move on...LMAO!!

But I can't guarantee you that I wont use the word "your" again as oppsoed to "our" in the future....so pls....try not to overthink yourself to death about it all.....life's way too short. Trust me....I'm not one of "them" LOL!!

e=BlueAngel;52331]I wondered about your choice of the word YOUR freedoms instead of OUR freedoms.

That's all.

Huh?

Not me.

No need to respond.

Just move forward.[/QUOTE]

I didn't make it an issue.

I made a comment about it.

Let it go.

Who said you were ONE OF THEM?

Not me.

I merely questioned the improper use of YOUR freedoms instead of OUR freedoms in one of your posts.

From that, you've ascertained that I think you're one of them; a government plant.

I never insinuated such.

FYI, I don't overthink.

I'm a critical thinker.

Let it go.

Life's too short to sweat the small stuff.

Raiderdad
10-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Well after further examination of this rebuttal to TVP....it seems that it doesn't accuartely describe what TVP is all about. It seems to have sorely missed the point. Same w/the clip that you presented in response to Zeitgeist...which was nothing more than a religious rebuttal that did not even speak to Zeitgeist at all.

& after a further exam of your history I think I now have a pretty good idea as to your M.O. & don't get me wrong....I am not being judgemental whatsoever. Whatever floats your boat as the saying goes.

Labeling Zeitgeist a hoax is quite interesting.....do you mean to say that much of what has recently occured in the finance mrkts is all in our imagination? If not, what do you say w/re to the fact that Zeitgeist spoke to this in advance....& now much of it is coming to fruition. A hoax....I dont think that's the right word.

At any rate....I hope any further discussion of either topics do not threaten you.....they are only presented w/the hopes to inform & perhaps spur discussions towards options in improving society as we know it. You may not be in agreement but I do feel we've been on the wrong path for quite sometime...& on many levels.

Peace!

uote=Anastasis;52322]you find this informative and may read it already but, i'll print it here again about the venus project a subject studied for several years now.[/quote]

Raiderdad
10-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Anastasis,

I wanted you to know that I have also done some more digging on the site for which you copy & pasted from (pointbite). I of course read the entire opinionated summury that you passed along.....my question to you is, did you also happen to read all the comments contained w/in that thread....or did you just read what you copy & pasted?

The reason of course I ask is b/c there was some very good/insightful replies to that piece you had copy & pasted....some very good rebuttals were made to that end....comments for which I was elluding to in my reply to you from last night. Seems much of the commentary from that article you sited is flawed since it doesn't accurately go forward w/the the proper premise of it all. It twists the entire idea so that the argument presented against it sounds more plausable.

At one point someone commented that it sounds as if some folks are threatened by these ideas.....for which I have a very difficult time comprehending....after all, why would someone feel so thretened by ideas which are cretaed to improve society as we know it?

Having said this, to this end I would ask this of those who are either threatened by these ideas or simply just disagree w/em one simple question, if these ideas do not seem plausable & or flawed, by all means, pls tell us what are some of your thoughts & suggs along these lines....the imporvement of life as we know it? it's fine to have your own opinions of course & I aint even asking you to justify your opinions....you shouldn't have to.....BUT, I would challenge you & anyone else to help come up w/other ideas, or even expand upon some of these ideals that have already been suggested.

After all, it's a constant process & collectively, we all should feel a part of this progression.....of course only if this is something that is of interest to you.

I thank you again for your thoughts & comments along these lines & look forward to your further input should you desire.

Cheers & Peace!

<EMBED id=VideoPlayback style="WIDTH: 400px; HEIGHT: 326px" src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=7572663630528394775&hl=en&fs=true type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true"> </EMBED>

Anastasis
10-22-2008, 01:21 PM
hi, i wasn't sure which points you were referring to. it might be easier if you simply ask me specific questions about zeitgeist film and i'll answer them more adequately, if i am able, and i am able, very able. please, do ask.

Raiderdad
10-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Not sure where to begin?

We could start w/the Fed..then go to religion..or how about the real reason behind war?

I guess I should ask you.....why do you think it is a hoax? the links you provided did not speak to Zeitgeist being a hoax. All the link did was come off as if Zetigeist was some sorta threat to the beliefs of others...not sure why b/c it gave many very compelling facts in support of its' main argument which is, the powers that be are there to keep the masses suppressed...as is the case w/religion.

Have you yourself watched Zetigeist yet or have you only read the critiques?

Lastly, you did not answer any of my questions....if that was intentional then in your next reply there's no need to answer them if for some reason you do not feel comfortable in adressing them.

Raiderdad
10-23-2008, 09:44 AM
I coulda sworn there was a reply from Anastis but now for some reason I can not locate it? Did it perhaps get taken down for some reason? I was planning on replying to it today but now it seems to be gone....or perhaps it's burried somewhere's else? Still tryin to get used to these type of threads....I find them kinda hard to have to look up stuff....too many threads....oh well.....what ya gonna do?

Anyhow....if u r still out there Anastis.....I'll simply repeat....pls tell me what aspects of Zetigeist do you feel are/is a hoax?

it doesn't need to be any specific part...but if you could pls tell me exactly why you feel there's no validity to it I'd appreciate it....always tring to understand where others are coming from...& then have a healthy debate....if possible.

Peace!!

cg admin
10-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Sorry Raiderdad, Anastasis was actually a duplicate account from somone who had been banned for a few weeks from this site.

So, you aren't going crazy, I just deleted the posts because Leonardo/George_Bush/Abe_Lincoln/Anastasis/LordRotchild/etc are not supposed to be posting right now.

Raiderdad
10-23-2008, 11:49 AM
OK.....so Leo (the embeeded music poster if I recall) & Anastis are the same poster.....good ta know thx.

& since we're on the subject...here's my 2 cents (& not that it really matters mind you).....if embedding music really is that big a deal...at least to where someone gets banned..for whatever amt of time, perhaps there should either be a choice given to where if a poster so chooses, they can select to not have a music clip played at all...or simply not make this a forum option in the 1st place.

If the option is removed all together, the issue is moot.....however if the option is there & it bothers someone, they should at least have the option to not hear the clips....otherwise, I have to say, I am not in favor of banning someone simply b/c it bothers someone else. Crossing a slippery slope here w/the free speech thing....& after all, isn't free speech something for which those on a conspriacy thread should be coveting?....most especially on a thread such as this. I found that a disturbing move & one for which I would not have epxected from a sight such as this.

OK....that's my peace on the matter fwiw.

BlueAngel
10-23-2008, 05:14 PM
IMO, it has nothing to do with FREE SPEECH.

It has to do with rudeness.

Like I said, if you're in a library and someone is blasting their radio, they're asked to turn it off in politeness to the others and, if they refuse, they are asked to leave for disturbing the peace.

Such a simple solution.

Post music videos that provide the members and onlookers of this forum the option to either listen and/or not listen.

Something called freedom of choice.

That still does exist, doesn't it?

I'm all for Freedom of Speech, but he wasn't speaking.

He was posting embedded music videos.

Sure, we can turn off the volume on our computer, but why should we be forced to accommodate rudeness?

Seems to me that when we go to great lengths to protect FREEDOM of SPEECH at all costs, it infringes on our right to Freedom of Choice.

Raiderdad
10-23-2008, 06:22 PM
oh the tangled webs we weave....I suppose it all depends on how you inerpret the symantics.....bottom line...what happened was a form of censorship....& seemingly b/c only 1 poster had an issue w/it....& if memory serves...wasn't that you? Dont recall exactly...but the mere fact that you replied to this post of mine that was directed @ the MOD kinda tells me it was you.

Which then leads to another ?......are you the MOD who I replied to?

Hmmmmmm:confused::rolleyes:

justgroovy
10-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Lol Raiderdad, I have no problem with anyone posting music. I have a problem with A) him picking an embeddable player that just started playing when the thread was opened and B) him just embedding the songs without a player, so only a mod or an admin could stop them from playing.

Believe me, you do not have to talk to me about freespeech. I get many emails and pms from people here complaining about what other members say within the confines of this community. I have only banned one person since I've been here, and no it wasn't a form of censorship, it was Leonardo trolling the forums and stirring up trouble after he'd been asked nicely to cut it out.

Raiderdad
10-23-2008, 09:11 PM
OK then...so u r the MOD & not BA I take it?

Jus tryin ta get all the playah's straight here...lol

I wonder tho why is it that people dont have the kahoonas to simply speak their mind as oppsoed to going to the "Principal" behind their back like lil school kids? Why not simply voice your opinion as I did in a non-confrontational & democratic way?

From an outside perspective (as this seemed to all be goin down right as I had joined) it just all seemed kinda elementary & something that was being blown out of porportion...after all, banning someone for such an action that wasn't really doin any harm...speakers can be turned down can't they? +....is there really anyone here posting from the library? Well maybe I guess so as folks can be paranoid about posting on such a forum so I suppose they wanna be as anonymous as possible....I guess ya never know if big bro is makin a list & checkin it twice:eek: lol At any rate....do library computers have speakers anyway? lol

Lastly, w/re to banning....I would think that an action like that should be put up to a vote & if less than 3 or 4 folks chime in.....it should be considered a non issue..that is if this place works democraticly?

Whatever....& as I said it's jus my 2 cents on the matter & thus I'm done speakin my mind on the topic.

& if u r out there Leo....I'll bring ya cake on visiting day....lol

Cheers!

justgroovy
10-24-2008, 09:13 AM
No, this is not a democracy and there will be no vote concerning banning.

As the admin of this site it is my job to keep this place running smoothly. Leonardo is a troll, most of the time he is entertaining, just dropping into threads to bait people, etc. When trolldom reaches the point where I can't open a thread without hear Iron Maiden blasting out of my speakers then it needs to be dealt with. He has been banned many times on this forum by mods and admins of the past, which probably is the reason that he has so many dupe accounts.

Raiderdad
10-24-2008, 09:33 AM
OK JG....thx for the info...good ta know this aint a democracy...I'll be sure ta mind my P's 'n Q's round here & try not ta stir things up...no guarantees tho:)

OK....back into formation b4 I get a checkmark next to my name...I never was a good conformist :eek:

Which I suppose is why I found this place :p

Cheers!!

BlueAngel
10-27-2008, 06:16 PM
QUOTE=Raiderdad;52447]oh the tangled webs we weave....I suppose it all d[depends on how you inerpret the symantics.....bottom line...what happened was a form of censorship....& seemingly b/c only 1 poster had an issue w/it....& if memory serves...wasn't that you? Dont recall exactly...but the mere fact that you replied to this post of mine that was directed @ the MOD kinda tells me it was you.

Which then leads to another ?......are you the MOD who I replied to?

Hmmmmmm:confused::rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Who is weaving a tangled web?

Must be you because I'm not.

Seems to me that you desire this place to be as it was when under Makow's ownership.

If so, then you must delight in spending time in a looney bin.

I suppose since you're all for a forum without oversight, the disgusting pornographic pictures that were posted some time ago, would remain under your moderation.

Seems to me also that you're more concerned about Leonardo being banned than posting on the site.

Is that because you were conversing with him under his guise as Anastasia? or whatever the name was?

I openly placed a complaint regarding the music videos that Leonardo was posting.

I have never requested that anyone be banned and all of my complaints are made via this forum and not through PMs to JustGroovy, our moderator.

Furthermore, there have been others on this forum who have openly requested Leonardo be banned and I'm sure PMs sent as well.

Because I replied to one of your posts by stating my opinion regarding the banning of Leonardo, which, by the way, is perfectly acceptable, does not in any way, shape or form imply that I am a moderator.

You're all for free speech, but appear to be bent out of shape because I voiced my opinion on the matter.

Hypocritical, don't you think?

I would think you would have known that JustGroovy is the moderator.

It is rather obvious.

I mean, you inquired about a response from another poster being deleted and she replied to it under CG Administration.

BlueAngel
10-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Just curious, Raiderdad, why so much concern about Leonardo being banned for a minor infraction?

Are you good buddies, or something?

There are rules in life that we must follow and when we don't, sometimes we pay the price.

Such as a speeding violation, etc.

It's not ALWAYS about Freedom of Speech.

Internet forums are kind of like class rooms.

There are rules.

When disruptive behavior is not conducive to the environment, it should not be tolerated.

That would be like asking an audience who is watching a Broadway show to tolerate a man standing up in his seat and screaming profanities throughout the performance.

How would you feel about that man being allowed to continue to express his Freedom of Speech after you paid two hundred dollars a ticket for yourself and your wife?

I'm sure you'd want him to remain in the theatre because he's expressing his FREEDOM OF SPEECH, eh?

boomer
11-06-2008, 06:07 AM
So, Venus project is all about the money at the end :) Just nicely decorated. A Research Center facilities for sale (what kind of research are they running there?) Central Florida Real Estate - Florida Real Estate For Sale (http://www.flalandsale.com/) :confused:
If it's for a scientific purpuse, why not to invite ppl to participate in the program for free? What's the point of leaving there? There's still going to be a monetory system in there. Where do you think people will get food and clothes? To build a shelter is not as important as to get food. Looks like a green house project: just a real estate business implementing environmently-friendly technologies and SELLs it. This anti-monetary system boolshit is just a nice marketing. They don't even try to create a society without a monetary system, and of course present political systems will not let them do it.

P.S. Re. the decoration: I do agree with all statements they make in their movies, but what they do here .... is just a scam. Playing on people's feelings ...... Scarsity was, is, and will be. And of course it's easier to exchange in dollors then in land, bread, facotries, pensils etc. Money is a great invention and were invented when noone knew what capitalism is! And money issued should be supported by the golden reserve. Like in Russia, each Rubble has a value of 1 gram of gold which exists in reality. And it's not like a Federal Reserve making money out of the thin air.

Raiderdad
11-08-2008, 04:52 PM
one doesn't get anywhere's in a capitlaist run society unless they play the game....it's what they do w/the money...not the fact that they still participate....they are forced to particpate until the plan gains more of a following...at least unuff to make it self sufficient. Are you aware of the term kibbutz? I think this is what you may mean when you ask "why not invite folks to live there for free" But alas, this isn't a kibbutz in Israel & we are still forced to live in a capitalistic society....so this idea s not possible...yet.

Having said that, I'm not sure u r fully grasping the concept & the end game of it all.....mostly b/c u said....

"...there's still going to be a monetary currency in there....where do u think people will get food & clothes?"

I know it's a hard concept to grasp...& that's b/c we've been so conditioned to the degree that we are. No, there will not be a currency...no need, as long as the resources are being managed there's no need for money....clothes & food are resoruces...resources for which technology already exists to the point where money is not needed. You also made mention that the political system will not allow for the removal of our monetary system as we know it....again, the idea here is the removal of politics all together....at least politics as we know it....lobbies, etc.

What would occur in 8 yrs if not 1 person voted for a President? I realize this is quite Utopian.....but just imagine....what would occur...who would they put in the White House?

I agree in that there is no easy answer.....but calling it a scam? Who are they scamming for? Well if u call a scam trying to remove currency & managing the resources then sure, itza scam..& one I'd gladly welcome :)

At least more so than how we're being managed now as a society....show us a better way & Im all ears. & if ya can't think of anything better....try to improve upon the one that's being proposed. At least try to visualize
it in the correct manner for which the ultimate goal is.

So don't get me wrong...I'm all for suggestions & ways to improve things....but one thing that's surely not gonna get us anywhere is to slam ideas...especially w/out fully understanding them & then not bringing anything else to the table.

Strange feeling one gets from reading this site...seems many here aim to discredit things/people who are intorducing new ideas (Zetigeist) & ways to improve our society (Venus Project). I've yet to hear one person here respond in a proactive/favorable/positive way. Quite to the contrary, in fact it appears most who post here tend to feel threatened by such grand ideas...strange. If I didn't know any better I'd say there's a religious zealot (not directing that comment at you per se) or 2 here. I only say this b/c it seems as if they dont like it when suggestions of ways to change the course we're on are brought up. Not even so much as a "yes, that sure sounds like something I would like to work towards" Just lotza negativism & anger....guess that's to be expected on a forum such as this....lol

Whatever.....I was just hoping to find some folks here who are seeking a better way/plan cuz the road we're on certainly aint working for the masses. I was hoping folks here would want to be proactive about it & converse constructively towards a goal of improving life/society as we know it.
Life's too short not to imo....I was hoping for more from this site.....beg to think my expectations along these lines were too high. :(

In closing.....if there's anyone out there whose interested in change for the better & wish to constructively exchange ideas or expand & improve upon the one's that have been introduced....I'm all ears & eyes. ;)

Cheers!!

boomer
11-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Probably, I didn't explaine myself in a right way. My point, in fact, is the following:
I DO completely agree 100% with what was shown to us in both movies, and I don't believe in relegions we are offered in such variety to us *but I do believe in God, but not like a church describes it to us). I completely agree that communism (and resource based system it is) can be reached through either socialism or capitalism ... it will be just another change in society (like a transition from imperialism to democracy) .... that's ok. But now, people are not ready yet to make this step. However, some including me would of course try to live in such system but it can not be obtained in a peaceful way accoridn to the "power elite" theory, power elite holds the main part of the resources and power and will do anything to keep it. Moreover, the movie looks just like another new age movies "What the bleep do we know?" where after presenting well proved and reasonable points, at the end they try to promote (market) their product wheather a membership in a sect or real estate one..... like in this case.
In order to change a system and bring new ideas, one doesn't build houses for sale saying there is another world (unfortunatelly it's no quite there yet) .... but creates political movements, educates people and tries to convince them to vote for that new sipirt group so that democratically we would come to the golden age, or resource-based economy. Here, I don't see a clear program except building a community where people would shre common ideas, but still be dependant on the monetary economy. No governemnt will allow THEM to access all resources they need for an idependent existance. So, for now the idea is utopic and the way they try to bring into life looks just like a scam ..... Who of the political leaders was building their own country within an existing one without fearing that an existing government can easiloy destroy such community. Revolutions are done wfrist in minds, then through peaceful or violent means, but not through SELLING houses to the followers. *However, the idea is a very good cover for such enterpreneuers).
I am pro change, but against scammers! SO if there any way of changeing thins world - I am in, but I refuce to buy property for 500,000 dollars.! :)

boomer
11-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Probably, I didn't explaine myself in a right way. My point, in fact, is the following:
I DO completely agree 100% with what was shown to us in both movies, and I don't believe in relegions we are offered in such variety (but I do believe in God, but not like a church describes it to us). I completely agree that communism (and resource based system it is) can be reached through either socialism or capitalism ... it will be just another change in society (like a transition from imperialism to democracy) .... that's ok. But now, people are not ready yet to make this step. However, some including me would of course try to live in such system but it can not be obtained in a peaceful way accoridn to the "power elite" theory, power elite holds the main part of the resources and power and will do anything to keep it. Moreover, the movie looks just like another new age movies "What the bleep do we know?" where after presenting well proved and reasonable points, at the end they try to promote (market) their product wheather a membership in a sect or real estate one..... like in this case.
In order to change a system and bring new ideas, one doesn't build houses for sale saying there is another world (unfortunatelly it's no quite there yet) .... but creates political movements, educates people and tries to convince them to vote for that new sipirt group so that democratically we would come to the golden age, or resource-based economy. Here, I don't see a clear program except building a community where people would share common ideas and neighborhood, but still be dependant on the monetary economy. No governemnt will allow THEM to access all resources they need for an idependent existance. So, for now the idea is utopic and the way they try to bring into life looks just like a scam ..... Who of the political leaders was building their own country within an existing one without fearing that an existing government can easiloy destroy such community. Revolutions are done wfrist in minds, then through peaceful or violent means, but not through SELLING houses to the followers. *However, the idea is a very good cover for such enterpreneuers).
I am pro change, but against scammers! SO if there is any way of changeing thins world - I am in, but I refuce to buy property for 500,000 dollars.! :)))))

Raiderdad
11-09-2008, 10:18 AM
What a breath of fresh air your post was....TYVM!!

Nice to know there's a level head or 2 here.

Thx for your comments...they were well rec'd...even if we don't meet 100% eye to eye on everything (the belief on God bein one) I do enjoy hearing the thoughts of others on the matter.

Having said that....anyone know anything about the forum "Waronyou"?

What's the skinny w/that one?

Cheers!!

golfpro
11-09-2008, 02:09 PM
so i just finished watching both zeitgeist and zeitgeist A.,, have to admit i bought it pretty quickly to alot of the thoughts and ideology behind it,, the idea of the venus project and the utopian type world is obviosuly one that is to be sought after, however improbable it may be to ever obtain. On this note, I do think its important to realize that although the idea of having no monetary importance sounds great, and ever better the thought that people would no longer need to "work" per say sounds even better until you start to consider some things, such as the daily services and activites that we now work for to be able to do. Now I am not talking about things to have, but rather things to do and keep busy,, for example, in this type of a society, sure it would be great that people could do all the things they LOVE to do,, paint, photography, make music ( basically the arts), but what about the jobs that are needed to make the rest of our daily enjoyments possible. I know I am rambling, so I will get to my point. Lets take the example of sports. Going to sport games and playing them is enjoyed by countless people. If the need for money goes away, and thus in turn leadin to people not having to work jobs,, how would we get equipment to play sports, how would we get service in the stands,, how would we go out to eat at restaurants? People are not going to simply work serving, cooking and washing dishes because they feel like it. I am a golf pro,, so obviously playing the game is something i love to do,, as do millions of people aroundthe world,, if there were no need or employment who would cut the grass we play on,, organize the business so that things run smooth? make my golf equipment? etc etc etc etc,,,, if no body is working, what do we do to pass all of our time? now i have only watched the two movies and not yet the actual video on the venus project, so i may be completely off base and misinformed, but these were just a few thoughts that came to mind right away

Raiderdad
11-09-2008, 02:27 PM
All good comments & no, you're not off base at all w/your thoughts.

I think the idea is that in order for such a system to work, people must still perform their regular jobs, in this way they'd be able to particiapte in such a way of life...otherwise you're right that it will not work. Of course there are many jobs/careers that would become obsolete yet other jobs/duties that would still need to be fullfilled as well....folks will still play golf of course so there still be a need for golf pros...& most other professions.

Here's where I'm gettin hung up....if someone decides they dont wanna work & just freeload.....what do we do w/them? There's got to be a way to either get them onboard (not make or force them in any way mind you) or provide another viable option...ie some kinda Venus Project "Jail" lol

There's of course still tons of questions that need to be addressed & dealt with....or at least the creators of this idea have yet to tell us what their ideas are....maybe they are waiting for more interest before they tell us more so about the plans they have thus far? I admit that I still do not know very much about it all myself....which is why I came here...to see if I can learn more.

At least this idea imo is a start & a step in the right direction.

You have def made mention of a few of the issues that need more focus.

A golf pro eh....former tennis pro here...tho that part of my life ended in 1990....degenerative disc disease in the low back at levels L3,4&5 did me in....20+ yrs of hard court tennis will do that I guess. Doc looked at my MRI when I was 28 & said he thought he was lookin at the back of a 55 yr old...lol

Anyway.....good points you've raised...thx for keepin the conversation flowin.

so i just finished watching both zeitgeist and zeitgeist A.,, have to admit i bought it pretty quickly to alot of the thoughts and ideology behind it,, the idea of the venus project and the utopian type world is obviosuly one that is to be sought after, however improbable it may be to ever obtain. On this note, I do think its important to realize that although the idea of having no monetary importance sounds great, and ever better the thought that people would no longer need to "work" per say sounds even better until you start to consider some things, such as the daily services and activites that we now work for to be able to do. Now I am not talking about things to have, but rather things to do and keep busy,, for example, in this type of a society, sure it would be great that people could do all the things they LOVE to do,, paint, photography, make music ( basically the arts), but what about the jobs that are needed to make the rest of our daily enjoyments possible. I know I am rambling, so I will get to my point. Lets take the example of sports. Going to sport games and playing them is enjoyed by countless people. If the need for money goes away, and thus in turn leadin to people not having to work jobs,, how would we get equipment to play sports, how would we get service in the stands,, how would we go out to eat at restaurants? People are not going to simply work serving, cooking and washing dishes because they feel like it. I am a golf pro,, so obviously playing the game is something i love to do,, as do millions of people aroundthe world,, if there were no need or employment who would cut the grass we play on,, organize the business so that things run smooth? make my golf equipment? etc etc etc etc,,,, if no body is working, what do we do to pass all of our time? now i have only watched the two movies and not yet the actual video on the venus project, so i may be completely off base and misinformed, but these were just a few thoughts that came to mind right away[/quote]

knowledgeisfreedom
03-27-2009, 05:50 PM
The process of the transition will be long and yes you can't simply phase out all jobs but as technology increases and we are able to elliminate jobs but people don't have to get jobs to supplement their income they will be able to cut back on the amount of hours they work. Giving most people more time to focus on areas of their interest such as music, volunteering for a cause they believe in, being there for their kids so they don't grow up messed up due to a lack of met needs during childhood...ect.

Milly
06-23-2009, 04:31 PM
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite documentaries, as it restates things that are so obviously wrong our monetary system and our laughable "democracy" that we so gently thrust upon freaking everybody.

The nice thing is that anyone with a couple hours can watch this for free on the internet. Or search for it on YouTube and you can watch it bit by bit, with 13 chapters.

BlueAngel
06-23-2009, 08:54 PM
twitter.com -- it's one of those socialnetworking type of places

And nothing ever gets by BA so choose your words carefully, she will not hesitate to question anyone about anything =)

I'm not sure.

Is this a compliment?

revolution60
10-14-2009, 06:55 PM
zeitgeist IS the true answer

the whole problem with society is money, a resourced based economy would bring almost utter utopia to this planet. The technology and science is here for powering the planet COMPLETELY FREE, FOOD= PLENTIFUL AND FREE, HOUSING=PLENTIFUL AND FREE. everyone has access to the same information, technology, and all secrets of the universe are released, there would be no reason to hide anything from any of the worlds population because money is not involved, there is nothing to gain personally, and nothing to lose personally.

what IS gained is cures for all diseases, end of virtually 90% of any crimes that exist, complete planetary peace, and total understanding of the earth and everything it has to offer to continually better society.

remember, this has already been experienced, thousands of years of peace and total prosperity, way before our time, then of course we all see what happened.

and the topics of zeitgeist debunked around the internet, well for one sir alex jones was one who was claiming "debunked"

hmm.. i wander why? him, Ron Paul, Charlie Sheen, they seem to be getting pretty chummy together. alex has also starting to receive some "major" media exposure. He gets angry when people mention zionists, hes married to a jew, has jew friends, and honestly he looks like a piece of shit government agent

I think Ron Paul has been put there to "woo" all the rebels and truthers, give them yet another glimmer of "hope" ....like a backup plan, just in case.

EireEngineer
10-15-2009, 08:18 AM
I DO completely agree 100% with what was shown to us in both movies, and I don't believe in relegions we are offered in such variety to us *but I do believe in God, but not like a church describes it to us). I completely agree that communism (and resource based system it is) can be reached through either socialism or capitalism ... it will be just another change in society (like a transition from imperialism to democracy) .... that's ok. But now, people are not ready yet to make this step. However, some including me would of course try to live in such system but it can not be obtained in a peaceful way accoridn to the "power elite" theory, power elite holds the main part of the resources and power and will do anything to keep it. Moreover, the movie looks just like another new age movies "What the bleep do we know?" where after presenting well proved and reasonable points, at the end they try to promote (market) their product wheather a membership in a sect or real estate one..... like in this case.
In order to change a system and bring new ideas, one doesn't build houses for sale saying there is another world (unfortunatelly it's no quite there yet) .... but creates political movements, educates people and tries to convince them to vote for that new sipirt group so that democratically we would come to the golden age, or resource-based economy. Here, I don't see a clear program except building a community where people would shre common ideas, but still be dependant on the monetary economy. No governemnt will allow THEM to access all resources they need for an idependent existance. So, for now the idea is utopic and the way they try to bring into life looks just like a scam ..... Who of the political leaders was building their own country within an existing one without fearing that an existing government can easiloy destroy such community. Revolutions are done wfrist in minds, then through peaceful or violent means, but not through SELLING houses to the followers. *However, the idea is a very good cover for such enterpreneuers).
I am pro change, but against scammers! SO if there any way of changeing thins world - I am in, but I refuce to buy property for 500,000 dollars.! :)
The real problem with communism is that it makes three invalid assumptions that cannot be reconciled with the facts of the real world.

1. It assumes that mankind can somhow be perfected, so that an individual will work just as hard for a stranger as he will for himself.

2. It assumes that innovation will continue apace even without motivation to do so.

3. It assumes production but stifles the capital creation and investment aspects of an economy that make production both fruitful and efficient.

Ideas like the Venus Project certainly sound good on paper, but in practice are wholly unsustainable. I may someday be surprised, but its a long shot at best.

EireEngineer
10-15-2009, 08:19 AM
zeitgeist IS the true answer

the whole problem with society is money, a resourced based economy would bring almost utter utopia to this planet. The technology and science is here for powering the planet COMPLETELY FREE, FOOD= PLENTIFUL AND FREE, HOUSING=PLENTIFUL AND FREE. everyone has access to the same information, technology, and all secrets of the universe are released, there would be no reason to hide anything from any of the worlds population because money is not involved, there is nothing to gain personally, and nothing to lose personally.

what IS gained is cures for all diseases, end of virtually 90% of any crimes that exist, complete planetary peace, and total understanding of the earth and everything it has to offer to continually better society.

remember, this has already been experienced, thousands of years of peace and total prosperity, way before our time, then of course we all see what happened.

and the topics of zeitgeist debunked around the internet, well for one sir alex jones was one who was claiming "debunked"

hmm.. i wander why? him, Ron Paul, Charlie Sheen, they seem to be getting pretty chummy together. alex has also starting to receive some "major" media exposure. He gets angry when people mention zionists, hes married to a jew, has jew friends, and honestly he looks like a piece of shit government agent

I think Ron Paul has been put there to "woo" all the rebels and truthers, give them yet another glimmer of "hope" ....like a backup plan, just in case.
When exactly were these "thousands of years of peace and prosperity"?

blackjackdavey
02-07-2010, 08:11 PM
has anyone ever noticed the striking similarity between the Venus Project's visions and Jack Nicholson's stoned speech about aliens in "Easy Rider"? here's the speech to refresh your memory...
"Well, they are people, just like us - from within our own solar system. Except that their society is more highly evolved. I mean, they don't have no wars, they got no monetary system, they don't have any leaders, because, I mean, each man is a leader. I mean, each man - because of their technology, they are able to feed, clothe, house, and transport themselves equally - and with no effort...Why don't they reveal themselves to us is because if they did it would cause a general panic. Now, I mean, we still have leaders upon whom we rely for the release of this information. These leaders have decided to repress this information because of the tremendous shock that it would cause to our antiquated systems. Now, the result of this has been that the Venutians have contacted people in all walks of life - all walks of life. [laughs] Yes. It-it-it would be a devastatin' blow to our antiquated systems - so now the Venutians are meeting with people in all walks of life - in an advisory capacity. For once man will have a god-like control over his own destiny. He will have a chance to transcend and to evolve with some equality for all."

notice also how he specifically mentions "Venutians". the Venus Project's website claims the name stams from Venus, Florida, but i seriously think there's a bigger connection with this speech than their testing facility when it comes to their name and their mission.
let me know what you think.