View Full Version : Bring more ID when crossing the borders

12-27-2008, 09:04 PM
If you’re planning a driving trip to Canada or Mexico, you’ll need to pack more identification in the New Year, thanks to a new U.S. law.

Starting Jan. 31, 2008, U.S. citizens — both adults and children — returning to the United States by land or sea from Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean must carry a document that shows their citizenship. Those who don’t have a passport must carry a birth certificate plus government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or school ID for young students, to show at border inspection stations. The new rule affects all vehicle and train travelers, cruise and ferry passengers, and private boaters.
Terror Cell: Bring more ID when crossing the borders (http://terrorcell.blogspot.com/2008/12/bring-more-id-when-crossing-borders.html)