PDA

View Full Version : Christianity has little to do with Christ

marypopinz
01-25-2005, 08:41 PM
I read the below post from henry's savethemales.ca and I have to agree. I love faith and basically despise religion. Below is why.

Religion - the oldest form of politics - controlling people's faith through fear.

Comments please.

maryXXX

"After all, Christianity has little to do with Christ. It was first formed in 300 AD by the Emperor Constantine of the declining Roman Empire as a structure that would permit Rome's continued control of rising European monarchies and their rulers. Oops, sorry, forgot. I won't go into the misery perpetrated by Catholicism and ... oops, sorry.

You recent article should be read and imbibe thoroughly by all of us, Jews, Christians, and even ex-Catholic now quasi-Hindus like myself.

Paul"

nohope187
01-25-2005, 08:46 PM
today's Christianity makes Christ look hip and modern especially in the 501c3 corporate non-denom. church I attend. Er, "The Buddy Christ" from the movie Dogma. :-x :-? :pint: :-o 8-) :hammer:

marypopinz
01-25-2005, 09:12 PM
In my little mind, the lost message of Christ was that through God, we can do whatever he did, healing, good stuff, miracles...

Not that we are Gods and that through God, through the love of God - JESUS - all things are possible - it is our true divinehuman nature.

That's why I think I am so wierd and can do the things I can with my mind. God - given gifts; blessings and part of every peron's God given human nature. Reading minds is bizarre to say the least. Telepathy is off the hook strange.

Empaths like Deanna Troy from Star Trek whatever. That is what I believe our human nature to be. How far off the path have we gone? Hello???

Compassion? Brings me back to Jesus.

XXX

God's will, not mine. Know what I mean?

Satan would have us believe it is our power, not God's - not good thinking in my books.

alumbrado
01-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Do you or anyone realize that the whole concept of "Christianity" is centered around the meaning of its word instead of focusing on the messages of Jesus himself?

Christ is the modern translation of the Greek original term, "christos" (or Chi-Rho, in symbol) as meaning the "messiah, savior, or deliverer".

Are we really focusing on the idealized philosophy of Mankind's Savior that is now Christianity or are we associating Jesus with the Christ on the accounts of his gospels from God?

Foods for thought.

Ozziecynic
01-27-2005, 05:42 AM
:-? Do you or anyone realize that the whole concept of "Christianity" is centered around the meaning of its word instead of focusing on the messages of Jesus himself?

Your wrong the Christianity is indeed about focussing on the message of Jesus Christ.
That is a pathetic attempt at trying to discredit Christianity by the way!.

Are we really focusing on the idealized philosophy of Mankind's Savior that is now Christianity or are we associating Jesus with the Christ on the accounts of his gospels from God?

Both they are not exclusive of one another.
What is your point.You have obviously never read the NT or even tried to understand it.Because it appears you came here to discredit christianity. You may not understand the Bible but that does not discredit the Religion!.
I should remind you or is it inform you that christianity is all about faith. Faith to your mind is no doubt irrational but to christians it does not require acedemic rationlist analysis of the type you are attempting here.
So I doubt you will be convincing any christians with you lines of argument unless they are lukeworm believers to begin with.
:-?

marypopinz
01-27-2005, 10:01 AM
alumbrado,

I like that food for thought

mary XXX

alumbrado
01-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Ozziecynic wrote:
Your wrong the Christianity is indeed about focussing on the message of Jesus Christ.
That is a pathetic attempt at trying to discredit Christianity by the way!.

Perhaps you are not exactly enlightened on the origins of Christianity. :-(

Ozziecynic wrote:
Both they are not exclusive of one another.
What is your point.You have obviously never read the NT or even tried to understand it.Because it appears you came here to discredit christianity. You may not understand the Bible but that does not discredit the Religion!.
I should remind you or is it inform you that christianity is all about faith. Faith to your mind is no doubt irrational but to christians it does not require acedemic rationlist analysis of the type you are attempting here.
So I doubt you will be convincing any christians with you lines of argument unless they are lukeworm believers to begin with.
:-?

Whatever you say, sir. I'm not here to discredit Christianity, just to clear up the misconceptions associating with the origins of Christianity.

Ozziecynic
01-31-2005, 05:18 AM
Whatever you say, sir. I'm not here to discredit Christianity, just to clear up the misconceptions associating with the origins of Christianity.

:-o Not here to discredit christianity, Really!.
I refer everyone to the Thread " The Norwegians are Right" for the blatant hypocrisy of this Snake!. :-x

madkhao
01-31-2005, 03:23 PM
Religion - the oldest form of politics - controlling people's faith through fear.

There's a certain bit of irresponsibility in this quote. Why must, if we feel fear, be quick to point at someone else and say it's their fault? Below is a quote from the book 'The Great Controversy'. I've placed it in the Book Lists if anyone is interested. I am only halfway through it myself but from what I've read, I can tell you that I feel like moving mountains.

There is another and more important question that should engage the attention of the churches of today. The apostle Paul declares that "all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." 2 Timothy 3:12. Why is it, then, that persecution seems in a great degree to slumber? The only reason is that the church has conformed to the world's standard and therefore awakens no opposition. The religion which is current in our day is not of the pure and holy character that marked the Christian faith in the days of Christ and His apostles. It is only because of the spirit of compromise with sin, because the great truths of the word of God are so indifferently regarded, because there is so little vital godliness in the church, that Christianity is apparently so popular with the world. Let there be a revival of the faith and power of the early church, and the spirit of persecution will be revived, and the fires of persecution will be rekindled.

alumbrado
01-31-2005, 05:24 PM
Ozziecynic wrote:

:-o Not here to discredit christianity, Really!.
I refer everyone to the Thread " The Norwegians are Right" for the blatant hypocrisy of this Snake!. :-x

Whatever, you tool. :roll:

marypopinz
01-31-2005, 06:09 PM
Maddy,

Sorry - didn't mean to be irresponsible.

My take on many religions is the blame and shame game. It's all eve's fault we're sinners and it's a damn shame the world is going to hell is a handbag.

I am saddened that I feel the religions of this world have replaced the true great faith of God. It's all about dogma and money.

I love faith and I don't like religion. How can a church dictate faith and pass the collection plate? I guess I just don't like organised religions - I would rather to see people of faith coming together.

Faith unites us all while religion is often the separating factor.

Just my two cents.

Mary XXX

madkhao
01-31-2005, 11:44 PM
Mary don't take it personal.
I was saying it in general.
It is ultimately up to us whether we feel afraid is what I was trying to say.
I think that the true faith of God involves going the distance and dying for Him.
This obviously requires fearlessness of this world.
I think we should use this site to help each other practise when the time comes to be martyred.
What would you prefer, the dungeon, the fagot or the guillotine?
Now you see, that probably scared some people and it wasn't my intention.
It seems to me that the only divisive religion is Christianity.
I believe there is only one faith.
Not that I would kill anybody because of my point of view but it requires that I consider dying for it.

Ozziecynic
02-01-2005, 07:30 AM
Whatever, you tool.

:-? A tool? What Of Whom! :-?

Ozziecynic
02-01-2005, 07:42 AM
:roll:Christian faith is actually very simple people it just requires you taking jesus as your personal saviour!.
If you dont like institutional christianity much neither do i. All you have to do is a find leftfield church that fits your requirements.
Christianity is very diverse so i am certain you could find one somewhere!.However even if you cant dont dispear, one does not have to go to church or even have fellowship to be a christian they are actually optional you know.
Christianity starts in the heart not in an Institution!. :roll: :-?

marypopinz
02-01-2005, 08:24 AM
Maddy, I didn't take it personal, at all.

I happen to like your point of view, you don't come off as all religious, you come across as very faithful.

I'm sensitive and can notice the difference.

marypopinz
02-01-2005, 11:15 AM
I'd die for what I believe in - my faith and my family - no question there.

And only God can ultimaetly take my life, the other minions simply do not have power above God, not in my reality. I am God's child and He protects me - this I know. He also lets me learn my own lessons.

Mary XXX

billiard
02-01-2005, 05:15 PM
well i have a little understanding as to the origins of christianity...it originated with christ. to say it originated 300 years later is a lie. anyone saying it originated 300 years later is either a liar or a believer of lies.

christianity has everything to do with christ. i've said it before ,i'll say it again...the Bible is the source for truth. read it,particularly the new testament. to say "faith is important" or "God is important" is irrelevant and innocuous . there are many "gods" and many "faiths". there is only one Jesus .only one church,only one Bible, and the truth is not in the eye of the beholder as beauty is said to be .
relativism is nonsense.the truth is the truth . period .we are sinners. we need a savior. we have one in the lord jesus christ.that's it.period.the story and the details are in the new testament.read it.

marypopinz
02-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

billiard
02-02-2005, 01:22 AM
thank you, mary, for recognizing my right to have my own opinion. actually,you asked for comments on your original post. I made one.

marypopinz
02-02-2005, 08:02 AM
Thanx for responding.

jncmrw
02-02-2005, 01:35 PM
marypopinz

Check out:

http://www.bethelministries.com/ADAM.htm

Peace.

marypopinz
02-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Thanx