Club Conspiracy Forums

Club Conspiracy Forums (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alternate History (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Real Atlantis Story Suppressed? (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7966)

Out of the Box 11-10-2009 05:49 AM

Re: Real Atlantis Story Suppressed?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by albie (Post 62610)
>>You rely on the word of someone who read the book yet you consider my arguments invaluable because I do the same. Isn't that pretty hypocritical?!?

No. I try to check out books recommended to me if they are available to me, regardless of whether they're recommended to me by someone who shares my position or someone who oposes it. You seem to be only interested in books that already support your position.

Quote:

Originally Posted by albie (Post 62610)
I based my evidence on an actual quote from the book. You can't even do that.

To celebrate India's connection to the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) Experiment, India's Department of Atomic Energy gifted a two-metre bronze statue of Nataraja (Dancing Shiva ) to CERN on June 18, 2004 with a plaque that had the following lines of Fritjof Capra engraved on it.

Quote:

"Modern physics had shown that the rhythm of creation and destruction is not only manifest in the turn of the seasons and in the birth and death of living creatures, but is also the very essence of inorganic matter. For modern physicists...Shiva's dance is the dance of subatomic matter."

- Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics.
Quote:

Originally Posted by albie (Post 62610)
But if me not reading the book means I cannot talk about it then why don't you, as someone who hasn't read the book either, not talk about it too?

You can never judge a book based on quote-mining alone.

I should read the book, though, however it's not highest on my reading list. In fact, I only just started reading The Diversity Myth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by albie (Post 62610)
>>It was recommended to me by one of the wisest people I've ever met and he did read the book.

Oh, wise, eh? Well that's convinced me. Apologise for wasting my time.

Are you implying you never take someone on their word after they've already proven their wisdom and knowledge to you?

EireEngineer 11-11-2009 08:30 PM

Re: Real Atlantis Story Suppressed?
 
You will like it. Political correctness has run amok in this country, and Europe is taking it even further.

albie 11-12-2009 07:21 AM

Re: Real Atlantis Story Suppressed?
 
>>Are you implying you never take someone on their word after they've already proven their wisdom and knowledge to you?

Never an ENTIRE BOOK. Quote-mining is unreliable? So you are saying you are not going to read it and find a quote that backs up the book's premise? I think you CANNOT. I think you have been looking through and find nothing that strays from the boundaries of ambiguity. It is all ambiguous. Ambiguity;the food of the agenda-driven.

>>"Modern physics had shown that the rhythm of creation and destruction is not only manifest in the turn of the seasons and in the birth and death of living creatures, but is also the very essence of inorganic matter. For modern physicists...Shiva's dance is the dance of subatomic matter."

Oh, but we have this. Which proves nothing and is vague as I expected.

albie 11-12-2009 08:00 AM

Re: Real Atlantis Story Suppressed?
 
You complain that debunkers are nasty to you? And you go and do something like this? It is the absolute major big rule that you do not post evidence you haven't checked. LAZINESSS. Unforgivable. I would put forward the notion that you deserved any bad reaction from debunkers.

You are typical of conspiracy theorists. I wouldn't be able to say that if you had read the book you extolled as evidence.

Your credability is shot. Accept it.

Out of the Box 11-12-2009 09:26 AM

Re: Real Atlantis Story Suppressed?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EireEngineer (Post 62655)
You will like it. Political correctness has run amok in this country, and Europe is taking it even further.

Absolutely !

Quote:

Originally Posted by albie (Post 62661)
>>Are you implying you never take someone on their word after they've already proven their wisdom and knowledge to you?

Never an ENTIRE BOOK. Quote-mining is unreliable? So you are saying you are not going to read it and find a quote that backs up the book's premise?

I already told you I do have a copy of the book and it's on my reading list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by albie (Post 62661)
I think you CANNOT. I think you have been looking through and find nothing that strays from the boundaries of ambiguity. It is all ambiguous. Ambiguity;the food of the agenda-driven.

I'm at my girlfriend's now. I'll be back home on Sunday. If you wish, I can try to find a quote that isn't ambiguous :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by albie (Post 62668)
You complain that debunkers are nasty to you? And you go and do something like this? It is the absolute major big rule that you do not post evidence you haven't checked. LAZINESSS. Unforgivable. I would put forward the notion that you deserved any bad reaction from debunkers.

I admit that I should have read the book first before referencing it. It's not because of laziness, though. Out of the hundreds of books in my collection, I simply have to be selective since I can't read them all.

Also, it is usually the areas where I've done most research where "debunkers" show most nasty behaviour as they tend to get nasty when they're out of arguments and they realise there's no way to disprove what I'm saying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by albie (Post 62668)
You are typical of conspiracy theorists. I wouldn't be able to say that if you had read the book you extolled as evidence.

I guess you've read the NIST report, the Warren Comission Report and other common debunker references from cover to cover?!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by albie (Post 62668)
Your credability is shot. Accept it.

ROFL

albie 11-13-2009 03:48 AM

Re: Real Atlantis Story Suppressed?
 
>>I guess you've read the NIST report, the Warren Comission Report and other common debunker references from cover to cover?!?

No, a "wiseman" did all that for me and he told it was all fine and dandy.

Garret did all that and all he came up with is making Tommy Lee Jones wear a fag wig.

My point being is that if there is anything to a conspiracy it does make it to the mainstream media. You guys just have a very bad sense of what makes evidence. You have nothing worth hearing.

albie 11-13-2009 03:52 AM

Re: Real Atlantis Story Suppressed?
 
Besides. You are the one who makes the accusations therefore YOU provide the evidence. And me not reading everything doesn't make it alright for you to not read everything.

I don't need to read anything but what you lay before me. That's how it works. Lay it on me and I will look at it. If it is crap I will deem it so. YOU do all the ground work.

Out of the Box 11-13-2009 04:04 AM

Re: Real Atlantis Story Suppressed?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by albie (Post 62734)
My point being is that if there is anything to a conspiracy it does make it to the mainstream media.

That might have been the case if the mainstream media was actually objective and free, but this is obviously not the case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by albie (Post 62735)
Besides. You are the one who makes the accusations therefore YOU provide the evidence.

So because your views are mainstream, you don't have to prove anything? Is that what you're implying here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by albie (Post 62735)
And me not reading everything doesn't make it alright for you to not read everything.

Considering this is something I do in my spare time and I actually do have a life, there's no way you can expect me to read everything. I try to read as much as possible but I'm only human.

Quote:

Originally Posted by albie (Post 62735)
I don't need to read anything but what you lay before me. That's how it works. Lay it on me and I will look at it. If it is crap I will deem it so. YOU do all the ground work.

Have you read ANY of the sourcs I've referred to thusfar?!?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.