Club Conspiracy Forums

Club Conspiracy Forums (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/index.php)
-   What is really going on? (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   turning to the danger zone (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10550)

stevo 10-29-2009 03:49 PM

turning to the danger zone

Hello All I'm new:D

With all the private military contracting like BLACKWATER,along with the other private contractors.And since there are few jobs left in this country we are forced to go where the money is! My oldest is going crazy because he can't get work. He's a union worker and they are too much $$,All the work is going non union.So he is SOL!!
So out of desperation he is looking to go to look at going.Right now were gathering information to get him on with one of the construction companies.:eek:so he's going to iraq to weld pipe while the bullets and bombs.THAT'S WHERE THE WORK IS!!!
That Government is the only one with any money and it's going to supporting the troops.And right now they are doing EVERYTHING over there!!!
The banks have stopped the money flow,everyday companies are downsizing:mad::mad:EVERYONE IS FEELING IT!
This info is now hitting the news A LITTLE trickle of information leaks out about what's really going on over there.

EireEngineer 10-29-2009 05:49 PM

Re: turning to the danger zone

Here is a thought....Leave the Union!

stevo 10-29-2009 06:49 PM

he is

EireEngineer 10-31-2009 02:04 AM

To bad he isnt a public sector worker. I would love to see the ranks of the last bastion of Unions substantially reduced.

stevo 10-31-2009 01:06 PM

i completely understand ......and i don't disagree...this was just an example of how bad things are getting

EireEngineer 10-31-2009 05:58 PM

True true. I cant even get circuit boards built properly because all of the qualified assemblers have been laid off.

Out of the Box 11-05-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EireEngineer (Post 62189)
I cant even get circuit boards built properly because all of the qualified assemblers have been laid off.

Isn't capitalism just wonderful?! ;)

Just as a sidenote : I support the concept of a union as a way to protect workers rights within a capitalist environment, but modern day politicised unions do more harm than good.

EireEngineer 11-05-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Out of the Box (Post 62405)
Isn't capitalism just wonderful?! ;)

Just as a sidenote : I support the concept of a union as a way to protect workers rights within a capitalist environment, but modern day politicised unions do more harm than good.

Right, because I suppose recessions would NEVER happen in a socialized economy. Beyond silly.

Out of the Box 11-05-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EireEngineer (Post 62409)
Right, because I suppose recessions would NEVER happen in a socialized economy.

I wasn't referring to the recession itself but rather to the anti-social and just plain stupid reaction of corporations to the recession (eg. firing their best workers because they're more expensive).

EireEngineer 11-05-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Out of the Box (Post 62411)
I wasn't referring to the recession itself but rather to the anti-social and just plain stupid reaction of corporations to the recession (eg. firing their best workers because they're more expensive).

Thats not the problem it this case. The drawback in production requests has caused many of the board houses in this area to either close, or to contract dramatically. So now when you try to get a PCB made you have to go through one of the discount houses that have less experienced labor. Its all a function of market forces, not stupid CEOs as you say.