Club Conspiracy Forums

Club Conspiracy Forums (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/index.php)
-   Social Engineering (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   A Nation Of Lockdowns (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10597)

stompk 11-14-2009 11:15 AM

A Nation Of Lockdowns

The growing trend to lockdown schools has me concerned.

Type "lockdown" into Google News, and you get;

Quote:

Three Pasco schools were locked down Thursday afternoon as a precaution after a possible cougar sighting.
Possible cougar sighting prompts lockdown - Mid-Columbia News | Tri-City Herald : Mid-Columbia news

Quote:

Four South Carolina schools have been placed on lockdown as a precaution as police searched for two brothers reported missing and carrying guns and camping supplies they took from their home
4 SC schools placed on lockdown during search - WIS News 10 - Columbia, South Carolina |

Quote:

Three White Settlement schools were placed on "perimeter lockdown" for a few hours Friday while police, firefighters and federal agents removed what was described as a military "anti-personnel device" at a rented house that had been recently vacated.
Three schools locked down in White Settlement | Local News | Star-Telegram.com

Quote:

Two people have been arrested and a high school was on lock down for two hours.

Around 10:30 a.m. a student was seen with a gun at North Monterey Count High School and the school was placed on lock down.

A search of the school reveled a sophomore to be in possession of an air gun that looked like a real gun.
Student Arrested after North County On Lock down for 2 Hours - KION - Monterey, Salinas, Santa Cruz - News Weather-

Quote:

Last Friday, police were called to the high school on a report of a threat. The school was briefly locked down and a former student was arrested at his home.

Lebanon police said they now believe no threat was made against the students.
Girls Accused Of Causing School Lockdown - News Story - WHIO Dayton

Those are just a few examples. There are hundreds more each week.

I believe it's a defacto Martial Law, that could be summed up in one word.

Conditioning.

stompk 11-16-2009 09:29 AM

Re: A Nation Of Lockdowns

More fun lockdown news

Quote:

Grove Elementary School and Tanglewood Middle School were in lockdown Friday after a parent made threats to a Department of Social Services worker, said a spokeswoman for the Greenville County Sheriff's Office.
McKinney said it is routine for schools to be placed on lockdown when parents threaten DSS workers during the removal process.
Parental Issue Causes Lockdowns At 2 Schools - Greenville News Story - WYFF Greenville

So, making a threat to a DDS worker, that is not even at the school, triggers a lockdown?

Quote:

Sgt. Robbie Walker of the Jones County Sheriff's Department said the school was locked down as it is periodically for a random drug search, but it had no connection with hunting weapons that were found on campus. The weapons, he said, were discovered in two unrelated incidents.
http://www.jcnews.com/pages/full_sto...ews_lead_story

Oh, so now they can lock your kid up in the school for a drug search? Parents, wake up!

stompk 11-16-2009 05:44 PM

More unwarranted lockdowns today.

Quote:

POCATELLO - For two hours on Monday, about a thousand local high students are ordered to stay in their classroom.

The Pocatello/Chubbuck School District locked down Pocatello High School because of a threat from a parent to a student.
Pocatello High Students Lockdown Cleared - KIFI - Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Jackson WY - Weather News Sports-

Quote:

A Camp Verde school is on lockdown Monday after a student was reported to have a gun on campus.

Deputies were called to Camp Verde High School around 10:45 a.m.
Camp Verde school on lockdown after gun reports - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com

stompk 11-18-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

November 18, 2009
The doors to DH Conley High School have been temporarily locked as sheriff’s deputies and drug sniffing dogs make a random sweep of the building.

A school spokesperson said the drug sweeps are board policy and are conducted periodically at county schools as a deterrent for drug use.

While conducting the sweeps, the school also practices their lock down procedures.
DH Conley on &#34modified lockdown&#34 for random drug sweep | WNCT

Vera 12-03-2009 12:09 PM

I contribute a lot of this to the way society is today. First of all, parents are no longer an active part of their children's lives. Mind you, I am doing broad categories, when I am making this post. I know there are exceptions to everything. In general, though, what I am stating holds true. Most parents expect the schools to not only teach the children but to babysit them and be the moral advisor. As a result, parents no longer have any idea what their children are doing in school, with whom their children are interacting, and what interests their children may have. The government has pushed the point where parents are not allowed to punish their children or it's considered abuse. Parents have allowed to have their rights taken away, and, as such, have discovered there's no way to get those rights back. As a result, children are not taught respect and honor. They are not made aware of consequences for any actions they take. They believe they should get whatever they want and, if they are not given it in the timeframe they expect, they have the right to take it. When I was a child, I was able to go outside and play with friends all day until sunset without any fears. Nowadays, there are those who kidnap, molest, and kill our children, if they do not have an adult nearby. When I was a child, violence in school was one child beating up another with fists. Nowadays, violence in school usually involves guns or knives. Society has changed. Our children, as a result, have changed.

Once again, I will point out that I am generalizing everything I have placed in this post. I know there are parents, like myself, who do not fall into this generalization. As a whole, though, it has become a serious problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stompk (Post 62791)