Club Conspiracy Forums

Club Conspiracy Forums (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/index.php)
-   What is really going on? (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Has Google Implemented Australia's Internet Filter by Stealth. (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11264)

starwarp2000 05-06-2010 10:35 AM

Has Google Implemented Australia's Internet Filter by Stealth.

Over the last few days, Google has changed it's look.
When i used to search for something using Google Search i was directed to Google.com, but now i can only go to Google.com.au.
Apart from the annoying side-bar, which you can't get rid of, that cuts down your viewing space, i notice some weird changes to search results.

Type in something mildly naughty, and you get results which seem to be repeated over and over again on subsequent pages. No new original material on each page like i used to get.

Now this could just be Google stuffing up their search engine but i am more questioning than that!
With the imminent Australian Internet Censorship, has Google instituted Censorship by stealth?

Try it for yourself if you live in OZ and tell me your thoughts. :cool:

asylum 05-06-2010 07:50 PM

Re: Has Google Implemented Australia's Internet Filter by Stealth.

Yeah, you are right, i'm using a proxy from OZ VPN Tunnel Australian internet censorship work around stephen conroy filter | VPNSECURE.ME

results are different for the same search terms.

glad i've got proxy / vpn to bypass this BS!

asylum 05-06-2010 08:36 PM

You can also goto Google

it will take you to the .com site without redirection

starwarp2000 05-14-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asylum (Post 67253)
You can also goto Google

it will take you to the .com site without redirection

Thanks for that asylum.

I did that and it worked for about a week and then I was redirected back to the Australian Google.
I think it's time to investigate VPN.

This isn't supposed to be in yet (officially) they seem to have introduced it by stealth!
Rudd you have lost my vote!

ConspiracyBits 06-11-2010 08:19 AM

The problem is the people are suppose to control the politicians, but what these filters show is that the politicians control the people. What you see, hear, think, and now they want to control the internet. It's like Big Brother or Big Parent really is watching. Telling you what's appropriate to have access to, there is a good citizen, thanks for complying.

lastpostbelow 06-12-2010 06:59 AM

i live in Tasmania ,australia . I was wondering why the internet was stuffing up ,i have been looking up info on world health organisation and info on local government utilities that are being sold off for way under what they are worth .
My screen comes up with error 404 and i cant get back into the government pages that were just opened .
Does that mean im being monitored ? and can anyone tell me what error 404 means?

starwarp2000 06-16-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastpostbelow (Post 68706)
i live in Tasmania ,australia . I was wondering why the internet was stuffing up ,i have been looking up info on world health organisation and info on local government utilities that are being sold off for way under what they are worth .
My screen comes up with error 404 and i cant get back into the government pages that were just opened .
Does that mean im being monitored ? and can anyone tell me what error 404 means?

Hi man,

From Wikipedia: HTTP 404 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:

The 404 or Not Found error message is an HTTP standard response code indicating that the client was able to communicate with the server but the server could not find what was requested. 404 errors should not be confused with "server not found" or similar errors, in which a connection to the destination server could not be made at all. A 404 error indicates that the requested resource may be available in the future.
Possibilities:

1. Your ISP's (Internet Service Provider) Server is stuffing up.
2. Your Registry is corrupted.

Although i can't rule out some form of monitoring, I would firstly try cleaning the registry, and/or doing a system file check. Then if that is OK, contact your ISP and find out if they are having any problems.
Post your findings here and we can tackle the problem together.

Cheers;)