Club Conspiracy Forums

Club Conspiracy Forums (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/index.php)
-   Science (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   MMR vaccine causes autism (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11343)

superted 05-24-2010 10:04 AM

MMR vaccine causes autism

Just for those that still believe this nonsense;

MMR Doctor struck off medical register

BlueAngel 05-24-2010 01:44 PM

Re: MMR vaccine causes autism

The case did not investigate whether Dr Wakefield's findings were right or wrong, instead it focused on the methods of research.

There are many other vaccinations that children are mandated to receive in order to enter the public school system and MMR is only one of them.

superted 05-24-2010 01:55 PM

Dr Wakefield himself says he has no evidence to support his own findings.

BlueAngel 05-24-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superted (Post 68141)
Dr Wakefield himself says he has no evidence to support his own findings.

Where?

superted 05-24-2010 04:38 PM

Listen carefully to this link, between 6.20 and 6.30, I think you'll find what your looking for.

Straight from the horses mouth

BlueAngel 05-24-2010 05:08 PM

Dr. Wakefield suggested there was a link.

He never said he had proof/evidence that the MMR immunization caused autism.

Due to the debacle THEY have created regarding Dr. Wakefield's research and statements in relation to a link between the MMR immunization and autism, there most probably will never be any reserach into the possibility that ANY childhood vaccination might be the cause of autism.

Why?

Because THEY have tainted the waters.

As I said, there are many child immunizations that are mandatory other than the MMR vaccination.

superted 05-25-2010 02:00 AM

"He never said he had proof/evidence that the MMR immunization caused autism."

That's all I needed to read!! :-)

'Post hoc, ergo propter hoc' A link does not mean anything in science, there needs to be proof.

FallaciesAbound 06-01-2010 09:01 PM

I do think that it is funny that they tout Wakefield's Study, that only had 8 kids in it while completely ignoring the several studies that involved millions of kids. Ahh....what a quaint way to do science.

BlueAngel 06-01-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superted (Post 68178)
"He never said he had proof/evidence that the MMR immunization caused autism."

That's all I needed to read!! :-)

'Post hoc, ergo propter hoc' A link does not mean anything in science, there needs to be proof.

The doctor suggested there was a link.

He never said that he had proof/evidence.

As I said, since this doctor has been made to look like a fool in trying to prove that childhood vaccinations (MMR) cause AUTISM, there will probably never be any other studies to this end.

Case closed.

Just as they desire.

FallaciesAbound 06-02-2010 03:55 PM

You must think that all scientific studies are inherently tendentious from the start, but blinding eliminates this if done properly. I seriously doubt anyone on this site has ever done a PubMed search and actually looked at this information. Seems most are too afraid to have their opinions challenged, as if it were a cardinal sin to be wrong. If you can find a well structured study that even shows correlation, if not causation, please post it. Otherwise, all you have is conjecture and hot air.