Club Conspiracy Forums

Club Conspiracy Forums (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/index.php)
-   Opinions (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Our Government booked 800 rooms in Mumbai (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11831)

Pam 10-26-2010 07:36 PM

Our Government booked 800 rooms in Mumbai
 
What does everyone think about this article?

Barack Obama's Indian delegation 'books 800 rooms in Mumbai'

Barack Obama and his travelling delegation have book at least 800 rooms for the president's trip to Mumbai, according to reports, including the entire Taj Mahal hotel.

By Philip Sherwell, New York
Published: 6:46PM BST 24 Oct 2010

Barack Obama's Indian delegation has booked the entire Taj Mahal hotel Photo: ALAMY
The president, who is scheduled to set off on a twice-postponed Asian tour with his wife Michelle after next week's midterms, has reportedly block-booked all 570 rooms in the Taj Mahal hotel as a security measure. On top of that, US navy ships will also be deployed, as the president is staying in a hotel by the ocean.
The 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks which claimed at least 173 lives, ended with a siege at the Taj Mahal hotel.

"Obama's contingent is huge," a senior Indian security official told the newspaper. "There are two jumbo jets coming along with Air Force One, which will be flanked by security jets. The President's convoy has 45 cars."
The Economic Times also reported that Mr Obama's delegation is so large that another 300 rooms have reportedly been booked in other luxury Mumbai hotels.
The scale and cost of the visit is certain to provoke criticism from Mr Obama's Republican foes in the US at a time when the country is mired in economic difficulties, with unemployment standing at nearly 10 per cent.
The report also claimed Mrs Obama has been invited to visit Mumbai's red-light district, the largest in the world, to meet prostitutes and hear about their lives.

mrcolumbo 10-27-2010 10:03 AM

Re: Our Government booked 800 rooms in Mumbai
 
why does the he need 800 rooms,has any type of announcement been made by white house staff clarifying on the necessity of so many rooms,and how many people stay per room,:)

Pam 10-31-2010 12:42 AM

Re: Our Government booked 800 rooms in Mumbai
 
This is precisely why I posted this article. My opinion is, or could be...if there are 2 Jumbo jets and Air Force One, there could be troops in those jets that will be closer to Pakistan. Also, the battle ships that are suppose to be protecting him, this too could be an excuse to get our ships nearer to Pakistan. Just my opinion.
It could be possible that the US may be targeting Pakistan. Our drones fly over the Afganistan/Pakistani border daily. Pakistan has nukes.

As for renting out the entire Taj Mahal Hotel...500+ rooms, I have no idea who will stay in them. Could be for security reasons, or maybe whats left of his executive branch is with him. The rest of the rooms where rented in other hotels.

I've been looking for further information on this. When I find it, I will post it. If you remember, the Taj Mahal was targeted by terrorists a few years ago. In my opinion, I believe Blackwater staged that attack. So, now they have the excuse for extra security.

BlueAngel 10-31-2010 06:35 PM

Re: Our Government booked 800 rooms in Mumbai
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam (Post 70945)
This is precisely why I posted this article. My opinion is, or could be...if there are 2 Jumbo jets and Air Force One, there could be troops in those jets that will be closer to Pakistan. Also, the battle ships that are suppose to be protecting him, this too could be an excuse to get our ships nearer to Pakistan. Just my opinion.
It could be possible that the US may be targeting Pakistan. Our drones fly over the Afganistan/Pakistani border daily. Pakistan has nukes.

As for renting out the entire Taj Mahal Hotel...500+ rooms, I have no idea who will stay in them. Could be for security reasons, or maybe whats left of his executive branch is with him. The rest of the rooms where rented in other hotels.

I've been looking for further information on this. When I find it, I will post it. If you remember, the Taj Mahal was targeted by terrorists a few years ago. In my opinion, I believe Blackwater staged that attack. So, now they have the excuse for extra security.

Nothing you have written in your comment above makes any sense.

retro_stripes 10-31-2010 09:20 PM

Re: Our Government booked 800 rooms in Mumbai
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam (Post 70945)
This is precisely why I posted this article. My opinion is, or could be...if there are 2 Jumbo jets and Air Force One, there could be troops in those jets that will be closer to Pakistan. Also, the battle ships that are suppose to be protecting him, this too could be an excuse to get our ships nearer to Pakistan. Just my opinion.
It could be possible that the US may be targeting Pakistan. Our drones fly over the Afganistan/Pakistani border daily. Pakistan has nukes.

As for renting out the entire Taj Mahal Hotel...500+ rooms, I have no idea who will stay in them. Could be for security reasons, or maybe whats left of his executive branch is with him. The rest of the rooms where rented in other hotels.

I've been looking for further information on this. When I find it, I will post it. If you remember, the Taj Mahal was targeted by terrorists a few years ago. In my opinion, I believe Blackwater staged that attack. So, now they have the excuse for extra security.

why would the president go anywhere near a country he was going to strike? Not many people like Obama and I think he goes on too many high profile "vacations". Stay in your country and work on the problem here.

BlueAngel 10-31-2010 09:33 PM

Re: Our Government booked 800 rooms in Mumbai
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by retro_stripes (Post 70983)
why would the president go anywhere near a country he was going to strike? Not many people like Obama and I think he goes on too many high profile "vacations". Stay in your country and work on the problem here.

The President does not decide to strike a country in and of himself and, certainly, if a country were going to be struck by the PTB, with or without the consent of Congress, the President would certainly not be in that region unless they wanted to attempt to depose of him.

retro_stripes 10-31-2010 09:55 PM

Re: Our Government booked 800 rooms in Mumbai
 
unfortunately, i'm not so sure he doesn't have the power to start a war.
i highly doubt he wouldn't be tipped off if they were going to get rid of him. he's probably reading this right now.

BlueAngel 10-31-2010 10:31 PM

Re: Our Government booked 800 rooms in Mumbai
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by retro_stripes (Post 70995)
unfortunately, i'm not so sure he doesn't have the power to start a war.
i highly doubt he wouldn't be tipped off if they were going to get rid of him. he's probably reading this right now.

The President does not ALONE declare or start war and, if you think that, I suggest that you think again.

Yeah, right.

If they're going to get rid of the President, they tip him off.

Just like they did wth JFK.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.