Protest the Attack against Carlos the Jackal
Signature Campaign: Protest the Attack against Carlos the Jackal
PROTESTS IN FRONT OF FRENCH CONSULATE IN ISTANBUL
Feb 19, 2011, 04:27
Protests held in front of French consulate in Istanbul over alleged torturing of the jailed terrorist “Carlos the Jackal”. A group of people held a demonstration on Thursday in front of the French consulate in Istanbul to protest the conditions and “torture” of the infamous Venezuelan terrorist Ilich Ramirez Sanchez, dubbed "Carlos the Jackal" by the media, in a French prison. Date: 10 February 2011
Turkish muslims shout slogans as they hold pictures of Venezuelan convicted terrorist Ilich Ramirez Sanchez, better known as ''Carlos the Jackal'' during a protest to denounce his imprisonment in front of the French Consulate, on February 10, 2011, in Istanbul.
TO THE FRENCH MINISTRY OF JUSTICE
THROUGH THE MEDIUM OF EMBASSY OF FRANCE IN TURKEY
SUBJECT: THE ATTACK AGAINST ILICH RAMIREZ SANCHEZ (CARLOS THE JACKAL)
1. Ilich Ramirez Sanchez (Carlos the Jackal), who dedicated all his life to the struggle against the imperialist and zionist attacks and raises the banner of “Palestine, one, indivisible from Jordan to the Mediterranean” from his cell in the French Prison of Poissy and demonstrates that the struggle should go on under any circumstances and underlines that all the opressed people around the world should take over their historical mission in the world arena, was attacked in prison on February 1, 2011 by the French Republican Guards in charge of protecting the French Presidential Palace.
2. Without having such a duty or authority and by eliminating the authorized personnel in prison, that the Republican Guards handcuffed Carlos in a small room and made him completely naked and repeatedly hit his head against the walls and punched him in the head and threw him against the walls and took him to court just allowing only a t-shirt along with his underwear in spite of the freezing winter conditions below zero and tried to humiliate Carlos by exposing him like that before public and so on, all these bad treatments deeply hurt conscience of humanity.
3. The torture commited against Carlos has been actually commited against all humanity.
4. That torture, at the same time, will be recorded in the French history of struggle for human rights as a black page.
5. On the other hand, if we take that the torture was openly commited in prison and before the prison personnel by the Republican Guards in their own uniforms into consideration, it is obvious that all these lawless and immoral attitudes and behaviours have been carried out under the cognizance and direct guidance of French Government.
6. French Government is publicly defying the whole world just as in the case of Carlos by arrogantly perpetrating such lawlessness which is considered as a definite crime according to both domestic and international law.
7. Before all else, French people and French authorities have to take urgent action to punish those who dishonoured French history and society.
8. Besides, the State of France has to apologize to Venezuelan State and people, especially to French people, and to all the world, to begin with Carlos who faced such cruelty.
9. Carlos is not alone! By whoever and wherever such cruelty is commited, conscientious people that are against cruels and cruelty all over the world will persist in struggling against it.
To join the signature campaign started by Turkish supporters of Carlos:
Turkish translator of Carlos's book titled "It Is Carlos's Turn to Talk"
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:41 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.