Club Conspiracy Forums

Club Conspiracy Forums (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conspiracy Discussion (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   I was threatened by a major NWO TV network today (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1420)

Saturnino 09-29-2005 02:38 PM

I was threatened by a major NWO TV network today

I run a website here in Brazil. Two days ago, I posted a little vignette with the words: "gun sales ban, the criminals thank you" and the logo of the major TV network in Brazil, which has fought for gun control for years. We are going to have a gun ban law voted in a referendum next month and the vignette has been circulating in emails for the last weeks.

Well, the guys from the TV sent me a letter threatening me with law suit ! Of course they can't do anything, since the site is hosted in the US, but what a nerve !

There is absolute manipulation in order to approve the gun sales ban. No debate, nothing. The referendum was created in a way where approval is certain.

freeman 09-29-2005 05:21 PM

Re: I was threatened by a major NWO TV network today

Just out of curiosity, what would have been the legal basis of their lawsuit, SAT?
Does your Brazilian constitution guarantee you any rights of free speech and expression?

truebeliever 09-29-2005 06:56 PM

Well done SAT!

Shit stirrer award of the week!

In Oz John Howard said forcefully on the telly that there was NO WAY he would be allowing a gun culture to form in Oz. So he proceeded with some of the stupidest laws you could imagine like a ban on ALL semi automatic rifles including piddly .22 rabbit bashers that all the farmers had.

He limited ALL handgun magazines to 7 rounds! The list was endless.

So, after laying in stone that NO gun culture would form in Oz, within months we had "Gun Ranges" spring up ALL OVER Oz in the capital cities where any idiot could walk in off the street and blaze away with ANY handgun he wanted!

What brilliance!

And now I could walk out my door and get a brand spanking new, in the box Glock with 50 rounds for $1500! You had to be DEEP in the underworld to do that. Now any half wit selling speed can get one through contacts.

And they say there is NO conspiracy?

Saturnino 09-29-2005 07:02 PM

Yes, no conspiracy...just a coincidence that the SAME gun ban laws are being passed in Australia and Brazil, that the same anti-free speech are being passed in the US and UK at the same time.

Here we have 2 million legal guns and 20 million illegal, unregistered ones. Banning gun sales means the smugglers and the police will get rich selling guns to the criminals, while the people will be afraid to have a gun and go to jail.

They said in the letter that I was using their copyrighted logo in the website and that the law said I was not supposed to take sides in the issue as I was a social communication company (a thing I am not).

the government set up the referendum in a way that only two groups will be allowed to speak: two groups of Congressmen. This after a major scandal involving the buying of votes of Congressmen ! We are now so stupid that we have to leave the discussion to those corrupt people.

I told them to fuck off.

truebeliever 09-29-2005 07:09 PM

Quote:

I told them to fuck off.
So what was it you were trying to get accross to them SAT? :-D :-D :-D :-D 8-)

Saturnino 09-29-2005 07:16 PM

The worst is that I was not really trying anything. The vignette had only the text and the logo like it was a TV announcement. I received in an email with a dozen other banners. I could have put any other instead.
But I guess they are so afraid of the governemtn associating them to any publicity about the referendum that they got upset.
Freedom of speech is guaranteed in the Constitution, but this stupid law prohibits discussion about the referendum in communication companies (TV, press, etc), until just 3 weeks before the vote.
What worries me is that the thing was on the website for only 2 days and they came after it, lawyer and all. Someone must have told them...the site has not such a huge audience.

freeman 09-29-2005 07:19 PM

Quote:

the site has not such a huge audience.
...or so we think. :-D