Club Conspiracy Forums

Club Conspiracy Forums (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion/Cults/Secret Societies (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   The Cosmic Body (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15408)

SeC 05-07-2012 03:37 PM

The Cosmic Body

The Cosmic Body

Mankind needs a new religion. New, not in its essence or its principles, but in its applications. I have already talked about this a good deal and given you innumerable explanations concerning the more obscure passages in the Bible—particularly in the New Testament. Have I succeeded in making myself understood? Only time will tell. I am not at all sure that I have, for the minds of human beings are so deformed that it is almost impossible to get them to understand that their conception of religion is wholly inadequate. If it were adequate, would they always feel as though they were in a void? Would they always be so ill, distraught, and disorientated? If their conception of religion were adequate, they would all be immersed in peace and light—and this is very far from being the case. Of course, every now and then one meets people who are content with life, but when I talk about happiness, I am talking about a stable, lasting condition, not a fleeting, ephemeral happiness. Everybody experiences happiness at some time or another, but only briefly. A man is happy because he has just got married; but before long his wife leaves him and he is unhappy. Or he has a child and that makes him happy; but his child turns out badly and he tears his hair in grief. Or he is happy because he has come into a fortune; but as he squanders his fortune, he soon begins to worry about where his next meal will come from. True happiness can endure, but it can only endure if it is based on a proper understanding of its nature. As I have so often said, happiness is a state of consciousness that is the result of how one understands and feels things. Human beings cannot be happy if their minds and hearts are continually pervaded by bizarre, dark thoughts and destructive feelings and emotions. This is why the work of initiates from time immemorial has been to teach men love and wisdom, for the light of the mind and the warmth of the heart give birth to harmonious movement, to a constructive, well-balanced activity.

As long as men and women have not attained this light and warmth, their actions will always contain certain negative elements that are liable to distort or even destroy their own happiness and that of others. And this is what hell is. Hell is not a place that exists in some distant corner of the universe; it exists here on earth, in the hearts and souls of those who delight in disorder and anarchy. And there are a great many such people in the world today, people who have embraced the philosophy of anarchy, without realizing the dangers lying in wait for them. Sooner or later, such people will be destroyed. If they had studied the laws of nature and seen how the universe was created, if they had learned about all the different regions of which it is composed, and all the different creatures that inhabit those regions, they would have understood that they, too, were an integral part of this living body of nature and that their behaviour must harmonize with the whole. If their anarchical attitude becomes too troublesome, nature will simply take a purge and expel them. Anarchists are never tolerated for very long. If other human beings do not exterminate them, nature intervenes and does it herself, for she cannot allow disharmony to prevail. Disharmony is a tumour, a cancerous growth in her body, and she takes the necessary steps to get rid of it.

This is what initiatic science tells us. And once initiates understand this truth, their one great fear is to become a tumour in the cosmic body by failing to vibrate in unison with it. Initiates fear only one thing, and that is to find that their psychic state is such that their vibrations are at variance with universal harmony, for they know what is in store for them if this happens. This is why they always strive to conform to, and vibrate in unison with, the great body of the cosmos. If singers in a choir or musicians in an orchestra refuse to sing or play according to the score, they will be dismissed immediately, for they destroy the harmony of the whole. This is why I say that anarchists are very stupid, because this is exactly what will happen to them. If they were intelligent, they would understand that they cannot prevail for long, for they are always liable to meet and be annihilated by those who are even more anarchical than themselves. In any case, if they are not destroyed by other human beings, they will be destroyed by the laws of nature, for these laws are terrible and implacable. The teaching of the Great Universal White Brotherhood is the teaching of hierarchy; and hierarchy supposes a synarchy. Synarchy is government by an elite, by the head; but government today is in the hands of the lower organs—stomach, belly, and genitals—in the hands, that is, of the ignorant masses. It is the masses that rule, the masses that make the decisions and give orders, and as long as it is the masses—the cells of the stomach—that govern, mankind will not make much progress, for the cells of the stomach are only interested in money, pleasure, and food, and the freedom to do whatever they please. They are not capable of interesting themselves in anything more elevated. The function of these cells is to digest; that is all they know how to do. It is not their business to make decisions or give orders; that is the function of the cells of the brain, which, thanks to the faculties of sight, hearing, speech, and so on are in a position to lead and govern. For the time being, the cells of the brain—the initiates—are silent; they have disappeared, hidden themselves. When they saw how human beings behaved, how violence was becoming more and more prevalent, how brute force, ambition, and the lower appetites were gaining the upper hand, they went away and left mankind to its own resources.

This state of affairs will last until such time as human beings, ill, exhausted, and on the verge of extinction, finally realize that they are incapable of finding the solutions they need by themselves, because they are too degenerate, their desires are too material, and they know nothing either of the spiritual world or of the methods they should be working with. The day they understand this, they will begin to call on this elite, on the initiates who still exist and are still at work, but who have left mankind to learn what can only be learned from harsh experience. It is not that these beings are cruel; it is just that they keep an eye on mankind and wait for the right moment to act. They have no desire to meddle in the affairs of the world for the moment, for human beings are incapable of producing anything but war and tragedy. You will object that this is not true; that there are a great many people who long for peace. True, but those who long for peace are weaklings, incapable of doing anything to bring it about. Nobody listens to them; they have no part in making the decisions that count. The decision to make war, for instance, is in the hands of those who have money, prestige, and power. It is they who prepare wars and decide when and where they will take place.

What did Jesus mean by the words, 'Thy kingdom come'? The notion of the kingdom of God is not very clear to Christians. Many of them see the kingdom of God as somewhat like an earthly kingdom, with a monarch, Cabinet ministers, a police force, and so on. But it is not that. The kingdom of God is an order that is far beyond the grasp of human beings, and no amount of explanations can convey an idea of it. The only way to understand this state is to live it, and in order to live it, we have to uproot ourselves, that is, we have to discard our old, mistaken notions and embrace new, true ones. It is as though we had to leave the dusty, crowded roads of the plains and climb to the top of a mountain, where the air is pure and the view immense.

If human beings want to understand the kingdom of God, the first thing they must do is stop living in the midst of anarchy. Yes, there is still a great deal that needs to be said on this subject. For one thing, an attitude that would generally be termed anarchical is not always and necessarily bad. It is the state of mind of someone who intends to live his life in his own way and refuses to be subject to the established order. Whether that order be good or bad, he wants to live according to his own ideas, and, in fact, it can happen that his ideas are superior to those of the established order. In this case, society would consider him an anarchist, but in the eyes of heaven he is no anarchist, for he aspires to more love, more fraternity, and greater justice. From the point of view of the initiates, an anarchist is one who refuses to recognize the divine order, who denies the existence of a Lord of the universe and of higher entities and forces, who refuses to acknowledge that there are higher laws to which he must submit. Such a man may be in perfect accord with a society composed of millions of his fellow men who have no spiritual life, but he is an anarchist in relation to the sublime intelligence of the universe, because he transgresses its laws.

Actually, most human beings are anarchists without realizing it. Outwardly they may be thoroughly decorous and law-abiding---so much so that some of them are awarded with medals by a grateful society—but although they have never transgressed a human law in their lives, they are ready to transgress every inner law. They respect the laws of society only because they are afraid of being found out and punished if they break them; but even though the divine laws are far more to be feared than the laws of society, people do not seem to be afraid to break them. If people are reasonably intelligent—or simply lucky—they can always side-step the laws of earth, but no one, however astute or intelligent, has ever been able to evade the divine laws, because another, higher intelligence is always there, watching and recording everything they do. Evil-doers are always found out and punished because, without their realizing it, their misdeeds always leave a trace on the invisible plane. Even a thought or a feeling leaves a trace. Even though you may not actually commit a crime, if you entertain evil thoughts, these thoughts leave their trace, not only on you but on your surroundings. This is why the law—divine law, that is—is able to track you down, and before long you yourself begin to feel the effects of those evil thoughts.

The main reason why human beings make no attempt to control their thoughts and feelings is that they simply do not believe that divine justice exists. They confuse divine justice with human justice, and as so many of them manage, in spite of their crimes, to elude human justice, they imagine that they will also be able to elude divine justice. They have never studied the question sufficiently to realize how different the two are: divine justice may not lay its hand on you outwardly, but it will certainly reach you inwardly. If you examined the state of health of criminals who have supposedly eluded justice, you would see that they are inwardly in ruins, their physical and psychic health devastated. Outwardly, there is still something that holds them together, but one day even that will collapse, for it is the inner dimension that sustains and nourishes the whole, that serves as the foundation of the whole structure. If the inner dimension collapses, sooner or later the outer dimension will also collapse. Divine justice is instantaneous. At the precise moment of breaking a law, something within you crumbles. It often takes years, however, for this inner decay to show itself outwardly. This is why, for example, one sometimes meets women who are veritable demons inwardly but who are still outwardly beautiful. And the reverse can also be true. But I have already talked to you at length about this,1 and I do not wish to talk about it again today. Today I prefer to stick to the question of anarchy.

According to initiatic science, an anarchist is someone who refuses to submit to the divine order of creation, and this means that nine-tenths of all human beings should be classed as anarchists. People's understanding of anarchy is usually based on political or social criteria, but these are inadequate; the only true anarchy is anarchy in relation to heaven. Of course, in actual fact, many people are doubly anarchical, being anarchical in their attitude both towards earth and towards heaven.

Think of the parable of the prodigal son, who left his father's house because he was bored and went out into the world in search of freedom and adventure. To begin with, he enjoyed the novelty of it all, but his enjoyment did not last long and his fortunes gradually deteriorated. Wherever he went he was a foreigner, and people distrusted him and refused to give him work. So the poor young man began to suffer from hunger, thirst, and bitter cold; he had nothing to eat and nowhere to live, and he began to regret having left his father's house. He remembered that there he had had everything he needed; everybody knew who he was, and his father and mother and the whole family loved him. He knew now from his own experience that neither love nor pity ruled the world, and so, a wiser and a humbler man, he decided to go back home. And his father recognized his son in the miserable, half-starved creature who appeared before him dressed in rags and covered with dust. The Gospel adds that he welcomed him with open arms and ordered the fatted calf to be killed to celebrate his return. Of course, his brother was rather angry at all this and grumbled a bit, but the father soothed his feelings and reminded him that he should be generous to someone who was destitute.

1 See Creation: Artistic and Spiritual, chap. 9. Izvor Collection, N°. 223.

The story of the prodigal son is the story of all those who, instead of living in harmony with divine law, want to do exactly as they like and take pleasure in being anarchical. And, as I have said, the worst form of anarchy is that which reigns within man. This is why the goal of all initiatic schools is to induce human beings to return to their Father's house, to the safety of that 'secret place' of which Psalm 91 speaks ('He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty... He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in him I will trust'), and which the forces of evil cannot enter. Human beings always seem to be glad to get away from this secret place in which they are under the protection of the Lord. They are eager to live their lives in their own way by breaking God's laws and getting as far away from him as possible. Well, let me tell you that people like that have a great deal of suffering in store for them. Their constant tendency to be out of step and to disobey means that their destiny requires them to suffer. But those who have already suffered a great deal, and whose sufferings have brought them understanding, are ready to return to their Father, to that 'secret place'. This is why they join a spiritual brotherhood, an initiatic school, for to do so symbolizes a return to the divine order.

Many years ago I talked to you about this 'secret place' in which man is invulnerable. It is a world of such harmony, a world in which the vibrations are so intense and so pure, that the slightest negative element is immediately rejected and cast out. Jesus said: 'I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. Whoever does not abide in me is thrown away like a branch and withers; such branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.' This expresses exactly the same idea. Find and take refuge in this fortress, therefore, so that you may be protected and nourished. How can anyone fail to understand this? Human beings are all anarchists, they all want to break away from the Lord in the hope of getting something more, something which, in fact, they can never get. Before launching out blindly like that, they would do much better to study the laws and understand how things are likely to turn out. But they are like the prodigal son: he too should have seen what life was like in his father's house and compared it with the life he would find in the outside world, where men claw, bite, and hack their way to success. But he did not study anything, the poor wretch; he just imagined what he would find. And this is what all anarchists do, they imagine. This is why I advise you all to examine the whole question very thoroughly to see what is in store for you if you continue on the path of anarchy.

This question of laws is so easy to understand. Suppose you overeat: you will not be prosecuted in the name of any human law—no policeman will come and arrest you—but you will suffer from acute indigestion. In the name of what law are you laid low and put to bed? The laws of nature are not those of human beings. Human beings will come and see you and commiserate with you in bed, but however much they sympathize, they will not be able to cure you; only nature can cure you. If you start to obey the laws of nature again you will be cured. You must learn these laws of nature, the divine laws that rule the intellect, the heart, and the physical body. You should know exactly what everything you say and do represents in the way of energy, see where these energies go, and make sure that they do not disturb or harm anyone. In the Tales from the Arabian Nights there is a story about a merchant who sat down to rest from his travels and eat some dates, and as he ate he threw the stones carelessly in different directions. Suddenly, a monstrous genie appeared and declared that he would kill him. 'But why?' stammered the unfortunate merchant; 'What have I done?' When you were throwing those stones away,' replied the genie, 'my son was passing by, and you threw one into his eye and killed him. Therefore I must kill you.' Of course this is only a legend, but there is great meaning in it.

There is also a popular tradition that when one goes out at night one must carry a light. This external light symbolizes the inner lamp that you must keep burning in order to protect yourself against evil spirits. For just as wild beasts hunt their prey at night, so do many evil spirits roam freely at night, seeking to harm human beings, until at cock-crow they are obliged to disappear. But human beings are so ignorant; they leave their doors wide open night and day for any entity to enter and lay waste their inner world.

So there you are, my dear brothers and sisters, do as you please; cut yourselves off from the Lord and maintain your independence if you like, and you will see what your destiny will be. For my part, I do not need to wait and see; I already know what it will be. How do I know that? I only have to see a person's attitude and I can immediately sense what he wants from life. The goals of those who cut themselves off from God and from the fellowship of initiates, who turn their back on the light, are necessarily extremely banal and mundane. They want wealth, power, and glory; they want to be able to gratify their appetite for food and drink and sexual pleasure. In other words, their ideal is not very lofty; on the contrary, they spend their time in the filth and slime of the lowest regions, and the only possible outcome is misfortune and suffering. As you see, I only need to know a person's ideal and I can immediately tell you what his final destination will be; he will end up exactly where his ideal has led him. When you possess initiatic science, nothing is easier than to prophesy. When you know which track a train is running on, you know exactly which towns it will go through and where it will end up. Every station-master is a prophet. And astronomers are prophets too, because they can tell you the exactly where the planets will be years in advance. All those who are really proficient in any science are prophets. Predictions for the future are based on an occult science.

There, this is what I wanted to say about anarchy. All these intellectuals who think they are God's gift to mankind must learn that their philosophy of breaking away from the centre can only lead to enslavement and total restriction, for there can be no freedom far from the centre. What is in store for you if you withdraw from the light and warmth of the sun? Darkness, cold, and death. And the sun symbolizes the initiatic confraternity. The Psalmist says, 'I walk before the Lord in the land of the living,' and this 'land of the living' is the true confraternity, the sun, for in the sun dwell the noblest, most luminous of beings. That which we call sunlight is the vibrations, emanations, and radiations of these incandescent beings. The light that illuminates the planets comes not from the sun itself but from the sun's inhabitants. The sun is a richly fertile, cultivated land, a very advanced civilization, and it is the inhabitants of this land that project light out into space. All this will one day be discovered by scientists, but initiates have known it for ages, for they have travelled in their etheric bodies into every region of space and visited the sun and the other planets. Believe me or not, as you please, but I am telling you the truth.

It is a great mistake to think that to belong to an initiatic confraternity implies that you have to restrict yourself and forfeit your freedom; on the contrary, only in such a confraternity will man find freedom and happiness. True self-realization can be achieved only in the one true brotherhood, the Great Universal White Brotherhood which exists in the higher world and of which our own Brotherhood here on earth is no more than a reflection. Also, if you think that it depends on your decision to belong or not to belong to that great Brotherhood, that too is an illusion. Some people may say that they do not want to belong, but the truth is that they would not be accepted. If they were worthy to join it, they would be eager to do so, but it is not all corners who can be accepted just as they are. Each one has to work for years and years and prove that they are worthy before being allowed to join this confraternity. Perhaps you will say, 'But I have never done anything to earn it, and yet I have been accepted as a member of the Universal White Brotherhood.' Yes, but the Brotherhood here on earth is no more than a vestibule; it is not yet the Holy of Holies. It is much more difficult to be accepted into the Brotherhood on high, but once you are accepted your name is inscribed in heaven and you receive all the gifts and all the help you need every day; just as the employees of a company here on earth receive a salary, family allowances, and so on.

Perhaps you are thinking, 'Where on earth does he get all that?' Well, you have read the Gospels: surely you remember that Jesus said, 'See, I have given you authority to tread on snakes and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing will hurt you. Nevertheless, do not rejoice at this, that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.' Once your name is written in the book of life you will not be forgotten. You will be given strength, health, and joy. You will feel that support, advice, and guidance are bestowed on you, and even if you do have to endure trials and difficulties, you will find either that they will not last so long as they used to or that you are stronger and more able to deal with them. This is the Gospel, the living Gospel; and it is up to you now to make the necessary effort to enter this fortress, this secret place, for once you are there you will be safe. There is a Sanskrit text that says, 'A pilgrim has reached the far bank of the river, an arhat is born, a new dvija, a saviour of the world,' and in Christianity this idea is expressed by the quest for the Holy Grail. In one form or another, all religions speak of this confraternity under the rulership of Christ.

Human beings look for a confraternity to join, of course, but never this one. They prefer to join a political confraternity and are ready to be massacred for an ideology that will soon be out of fashion and replaced by another one. They are not interested in putting themselves at the service of an ideal that would make them immortal and invincible. But for heaven's sake, if they really want to shed their blood, why cannot they at least choose a cause that is eternal? They just do not use their brains; they sell their freedom for too little. All their brave words about the price of freedom are just that, words. The truth is that they do not care two hoots for their freedom, their life, their blood. Someone who really wants to save his life entrusts it to a bank that will never become insolvent; to the bank of the sun, not to a ship that is sinking because it has a hole in its hull. I was still very young when I realized that I should never achieve very much if I relied on my own freedom, my own will, and my own intelligence. This is why I did everything possible to enter the divine order of the Universal White Brotherhood. And if you, for your part, continue to believe that you will achieve great things on your own without this confraternity, I can prophesy that what you gain in this way will be far less than what you would gain by joining it.

To possess your own house and have money in the bank—is that your idea of success? If so, when it is time to depart for the next world you will see that you have worked in vain—or, rather, you have been working for the benefit of thieves. So acquire all the material possessions you want, but know that you will be obliged to leave them all behind; whereas the things you acquire through your spiritual work will always be yours, and you will take them with you into the next world. Wherever you go, your capital, your wealth, all your precious stones will go with you and will benefit the whole world. You will probably think that what I am saying is very difficult to understand; it is as though I were speaking an unknown language. You would all understand me if I talked about higher mathematics, but people no longer understand the language I speak, although it seems to me that nothing could be clearer. It is not a sign of intelligence and freedom to refuse to submit to the great laws of the Universal White Brotherhood. The Gospels tell us that we are all obliged to serve a master. If we refuse to serve Christ and the light, we shall be obliged to serve the devil and the powers of darkness. This is a law. People say, 'Oh, you know, this thing about Christ and the light is not for me. I cannot accept that.' Well, if that is your attitude, you too will be unable to avoid falling into the power of dark forces. Those who seek to be free in their own way cannot find true freedom; they will find only slavery. They are influenced and controlled by other entities. Their ignorance is such that they are easily hoodwinked into thinking that they are following their own wishes and making their own decisions, while in fact they are working for others. Human beings are like children; they just do not understand. When small children want to be free, they are liable to do all kinds of stupid and dangerous things that will restrict their freedom even more. Young people—and adults, too, for that matter—have no more understanding of freedom than a baby. Only the wise know that if you want to be free you have to impose limitations on yourself. Others, on the pretext that they want to be free, let their wild beasts out of their cages, and then they are torn apart and devoured by them.

I happened to switch on the television yesterday, and what did I see? Four hairy ruffians who looked like animals, screaming and gesticulating incoherently. This, apparently, was a concert. Never have I heard anything so repulsive and discordant. But the audience—mostly young boys and girls—were wildly enthusiastic, clapping and jumping up and down and twisting about in hideous contortions. I could not help feeling sad at the sight. I thought to myself, 'My God, how can anyone understand human nature today? What is it in man's soul that has the power to estrange him from beauty to such an extent? How can four such villainous creatures be such a popular success?' I am not so strict and narrow-minded as to condemn young people for wanting to express their vitality and joy, but there was no joy here at all; the movements which should have been an expression of vitality were no more than horrible, unsightly contortions. Wild animals! Yes, the doors of their cages had been flung wide open, and they were prowling about, devouring whatever good there was in those so-called musicians while the crowd looked on and applauded.

Seeing this, I almost lost hope of ever leading human beings to something beautiful and meaningful. They are going to have to go all the way; they are going to have to touch bottom. How can people like that understand the magnificent laws of nature? They have never done any work on themselves; they do not even know that there is work to be done. The only thing they know is how to open the cages of their own wild animals. And they call that freedom, liberation. Yes, they are liberated, independent—unleashed.

Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov, The Bonfin, July 25, 1965

SeC 05-07-2012 03:38 PM

The Cosmic Body II

What a magnificent sunrise we had today, and how privileged we are to witness such splendour. I am well aware that the sun does not mean anything to some of you; it does not arouse any special feeling or vibration in you; you feel no particular attachment to it. It is as though, as far as you are concerned, the sun were dead. Yes, the living, vibrant sun rises every morning and distributes its treasures to the world, but some of you are entirely untouched and unmoved by it, as though there were a screen between you and the sun. And indeed there is. That screen is the way you have lived the day before.., or for many days before that. You have never realized that your thoughts and feelings could make any difference—for good or for ill—to the way you react in front of the rising sun. This is why the sun means nothing to you.

If you were inwardly organized and prepared to meet the sun every day, you would understand that it is a living being, a brilliant, dazzling world inhabited by the most highly evolved beings, and that it can give you the solution to all your problems. It never occurs to people that the sun can do more than give them light and heat. They only scoff if you tell them that it can also instruct them and teach them a great deal. For most people, the sun is just a ball of fire, and nobody knows quite why it is there. So they stick to what they do know and interest themselves in everything except trying to understand the wealth and splendour of the sun.

I have just used the word 'organized', saying that you must be inwardly organized and prepared. We often hear this word these days: people say that they have to organize this or that, that such and such an organization is good or bad, and so on, but they do not always understand the real meaning of the word.

The word organization comes from organ. And what is an organ? You could say that an organ is an instrument whose function is to form a relationship, a link between objects, forces, beings, or other instruments of the same kind. In the absence of an appropriate organ, there can be no exchange between two beings. Our skin, our ears and eyes, and so on, are the organs by which we perceive and are in touch with the world around us. If one of your essential organs is missing—an arm, a leg, or your tongue—you cannot do your work properly, for you cannot move about, hold things, or speak. And this is just as true on the spiritual as on the physical plane: if the appropriate organs are missing, you will not have the 'instruments you need in order to know the subtle world. This is why the invisible world is incomprehensible to most human beings: they have not yet formed the organs that would enable them to make contact with it.

Human beings do not know how to reason correctly, so they arrive at the stupid conclusion that since they cannot see or feel the invisible world, therefore it does not exist. They forget that scientific instruments have been showing us for a very long time now that both sound and light exist on vibrational frequencies that are beyond our powers of perception. Man's powers of perception are limited, but his reasoning powers are even more limited, for, rather than acknowledge that there are things that cannot be perceived by his sense organs, he prefers to deny the existence of anything he cannot actually see or touch. Nothing could be more stupid. From the beginning of time, there have always been people gifted with highly developed organs that enabled them to see things in the invisible world. Such organs go by different names—a sixth sense, the pineal gland, intuition, the eye of the spirit—but it makes no difference what you call them, the important thing is that they are as real as our physical organs. In the distant past, all human beings had these subtle organs in perfect working order, and it was only gradually, as they became increasingly materialized, that they ceased to function. It is time now to restore these faculties to their original state, and this can be achieved by means of spiritual work and a suitable way of life.

As I say, we hear a great deal about organization today, but it is always a question of material organization. As a matter of fact, although things are still not perfect in the social and political spheres, men have already achieved a fairly good degree of external organization. But what chaos in their inner lives. It never occurs to them that they need to organize things on that level too; all their efforts are focused on the external world. Where the inner, philosophical, metaphysical realm is concerned they are content to invent all kinds of complicated, incomprehensible terms and notions, which often have no relation to fact, but they never attempt to develop the organs that would enable them to make direct contact with the spiritual world. And yet that world does, after all, exist; it is a reality. As long as human beings are not actually in touch with this world, anything they say about it will be hollow and meaningless. It is important, therefore, to begin to organize your spiritual life and to live and work in a way that enables your spiritual organs to unfold and develop so that you can make contact with invisible, celestial realities. As long as you are too absorbed in your ordinary, mundane activities you will not be free to develop that inner organization and to discover the reality of this unknown world, which is so much vaster, richer, and more beautiful than the everyday world we know.

The fact that you come to the sunrise in the morning without having prepared yourselves proves that you have not understood. This is why there is no communication between you and the sun, why you do not receive the waves he sends you. Every sunrise should make you richer. All that abundance, all that untold, incalculable wealth is there for you to draw on so that you may then distribute it to others. Go to this inexhaustible source every morning with all the receptacles you possess, for it is capable of quenching the thirst of all creatures.

It is true that scientists, who love to calculate everything, have interested themselves in the sun to the extent of trying to determine how long it will live. Instead of going to the sunrise to draw light, warmth, and life from it, they compute the hour of its death. But their calculations will always be wide of the mark. The sun can prolong his own life for just as long as he pleases, for he has drunk the elixir of everlasting life. I assure you, I saw him drinking it, and I know that he will live as long as he wants to. You do not believe me? All right, go and check it for yourselves. Why is it that when you do not believe something I say you never go and find out the truth for yourselves? If you did, you would see that it is true that the sun has drunk the elixir of everlasting life. You are perhaps wondering who gave it to him. The elixir of everlasting life is what alchemists call the Magistery of the Sun, which is simply a condensation of the sun's rays. So the sun does not need anyone to give it to him; he gives it to himself without ceasing. The sun is the true phoenix, that fabulous bird that is portrayed as rising constantly from its own ashes. But there are no ashes in the sun.

The phoenix is the symbol of all highly evolved beings who, knowing the laws of life and immortality, are capable of constantly renewing themselves. The sun is their model. Those who aspire to everlasting life must take their lesson from the sun, because only the sun can teach us what elements we need in order to win immortality and how to go about obtaining them. These elements are three in number: the light, the warmth, and the life that the sun pours out unceasingly into space. And the only way a disciple can benefit from all this wealth distributed by the sun is to keep a close watch on himself and not lose himself in activities that restrict him and tie him down. Otherwise, even if he is brought face to face with the fountainhead of life, with the Almighty himself, even if a myriad of shining, sparkling beings reveal their splendour to him, he will be so engrossed in his inner state of dissatisfaction and gloom that he will neither see them nor receive anything from them. As long as your spiritual organs are not in good working order, there is nothing you can do about it; the sun will still be there before your eyes but you will not feel it. Even the power of the sun is not enough to give you physical eyes; that is up to you. And this is equally true in the spiritual life. The sun exists within every human being, but they neither see nor feel its presence because their spiritual organs are not yet formed. The first thing they have to do, therefore, is to start forming these inner organs—or awakening them, rather, for centuries of disuse have left them in a state of atrophy. So as I say, it is possible to attend the sunrise for years and years without learning anything. But the day you understand what I am saying, the day you prepare yourselves for the sunrise as though it were more important than any other event in life, you will begin to drink the sun, to be nourished by the sun, and to do some intelligent and useful work.

However much you explain things to human beings, however many mysteries of creation or of the kingdom of God you reveal to them, they will not yet be able to understand or use those revelations, because the necessary organs are missing. No doubt you will be wondering why, although well aware of this, I go on with my work. First of all because there is always a chance that things will improve if I persevere. I continue to explain and work for the few whose organs are already in working order. Then, too, I know that there is a law of magic that decrees that if you enlighten others in order to help them to evolve, even if your efforts fail to bear fruit, you will have given an outlet to the forces of love within you, and it is you who will benefit from that love, you who will be happy, who will develop and grow and be enriched. Others can stay as they are if they want to, but you at least will prosper and grow.

Yes, I know the reality, but it does not discourage me. Whatever comes, I persevere with my work, if only for my own sake. Even if you were not there, I would still go to the sunrise—in fact I would sometimes feel much freer alone—but I still prefer to be at the sunrise with you, for when we are together, there is an added dimension, an atmosphere of warmth and love, and I prefer that. No doubt I am biased, but I prefer to attend the sunrise with all my 'family' around me.

So, as I have said, we need to reach a deeper understanding of the word 'organization'. Scientists speak of organic and inorganic chemistry. Organic chemistry studies substances produced by living organisms; whereas inorganic or mineral chemistry studies elements that are considered to be lifeless. In fact, everything is organic, but not everything is organized. The brain, for instance, exists organically, but that does not mean that the brain of every human being is really organized. An organized brain is one in which the psychic activity of thought and feeling is free from all friction or disorder. And what about human society? Is it organized? Outwardly, at least, it seems to be: trade and commerce, the police, postal services, hospitals, and so on, are all highly organized; but it is an organization that is purely mechanical, for the harmony that is part and parcel of the notion of organization does not yet exist. The truth is that the word organization can be applied rightfully only to the divine world, in which everything functions smoothly and without conflict. When we talk about perfect organization on earth, about the organization of a brain or of society, we can do no more than mouth the words: the reality is still unorganized.

Humanity needs a model of perfect organization in which everything functions as it should, but you will not find such a model on earth. You must look for it in the region in which it can be seen in action, and this region is the sun. Of course, when I speak of the sun, I am not speaking of the visible, physical sun but of the world of harmony and peace that the physical sun symbolizes. Perhaps some of you will say, 'It is not the sun that is the most highly organized, it is the Church.' Oh dear, if you knew what went on in the Church. Outwardly, it is true, it is hierarchically organized, but inwardly it is not so very different from any of the other so-called organizations we see in the world. Organization in the true sense of the word is not only external. External organization is necessary of course, I do not deny it, but it is not the be-all and end-all. In fact it is useless if it is not accompanied by something else, something higher that animates and vivifies it. That is the kind of organization I want.

Look at yourselves. All your functions are organized, your respiratory, digestive, and circulatory systems are all in working order, and yet you are always unhappy, discouraged, weak, and lack-lustre. Why? If physical organization were enough you would have everything you need. So we have to conclude that it is not enough. This physical organization needs to be infused by another, inner organization. Let me take another example: you have installed a complete electrical system in your house with all the necessary wires, cables, and meters, but nothing works. Why? Because there is no power coming into your house from the mains. Everything is in place but this one connection. Plug it in or switch it on and there you are, the lights come on, the heaters start to warm up, and you can begin to cook your dinner. 'But I have tried and it still does not work,' you complain. Well, you are going to have to find out why. What is missing? Perhaps something is broken or one of the poles of your plug is not in place; and there can be no contact unless both poles are in place. You see, we always come back to the two principles.

There, I hope that these few words will be helpful to you in preparing for the events of the next few days. As I have already told you in past years, the date of Easter was not determined by chance; it was calculated in accordance with an astronomical and astrological science that can be traced back to earliest antiquity. At this time of year, certain phenomena occur in the heavens, and human beings can benefit from these phenomena if their consciousness is sufficiently developed and they prepare themselves to receive the influx of celestial currents. Otherwise, these currents will simply pass them by and flow into other regions, and human beings will still be the same in spite of Easter. Easter has come and gone thousands of times already, but human beings have still not been transformed, because their consciousness was busy with other things. Until they succeed in organizing their lives in such a way as to have time for spiritual activities, they will never make any progress.

Neither science, nor religion, nor art has yet succeeded in improving human beings, because they are always focused on what is peripheral and inessential. Look at the way they behave with regard to the sun, for instance. Scientists are beginning to understand that even the energy contained in an atomic bomb is nothing compared to that emitted by the sun, and they are building more and more instruments to make use of solar energy. The only trouble is, of course, that they always work for a material, utilitarian purpose; they never do anything to help people to expand their consciousness or improve themselves. They would bottle the sun and sell it for a profit if they could, but they are not interested in finding out how the sun can be a means of perfecting the human race and bringing about the kingdom of God on earth. Their goal is always profit, wealth, commerce. They are even ready to sell the Lord himself. Go to Lourdes, or Lisieux, or any other place of pilgrimage in the world, and you will see endless rows of shops in which the Lord is bought and sold.

Human beings have been brought up in this materialistic, utilitarian attitude for centuries. Today, no technical achievement seems to be beyond their reach. They will soon be setting off for other planets, but they themselves are no better than they ever were. You will say, 'But culture and civilization have made tremendous progress.' Yes, on the surface, but inwardly the situation is worse than before. People are more grasping and acquisitive, crueller and more sensual than they used to be because they are more 'intelligent'. No, humanity has not improved. True improvement does not consist exclusively in better buildings, clothes, food, or means of transport. Improvement in these areas is technical, mechanical, or whatever else you like to call it, but it is not true improvement, for true improvement consists in spiritualization. Moreover, the most flagrant proof that man is not very highly evolved is that he attaches no spiritual significance to the sun.

The one thing I am really concerned about is the value of things, and I am sorry to say that my research has led me to the conclusion that human beings attach no value to essentials, while attaching great value to incidentals, to things that are worthless. They spend their time chasing after shadows while, for my part, I have discovered that the only thing that matters, the only essential, is light. Even nature gives priority to fight. The fact that the speed of light cannot be matched by anything else means that light is superior to everything. The fastest runner always wins the race, and light is the fastest because it has stripped itself of everything that could burden it or slow it down. It is free to race ahead; whereas all others are so burdened that they crawl along at a snail's pace. Yes, speed is a measure of perfection. When your mental activity slows down you can no longer rely on it, for if it cannot give you a rapid and accurate view of a situation and its possible dangers, you will have an accident or find yourself trapped. Similarly, when your psychic life slows down, everything becomes much more laborious.

Light is a yardstick, a criterion. There is no evil, no self-seeking in the mind of light, and this is why it is always first, because it is utterly detached and without greed. If you want to explore the human heart and the universe, if you want to study all the treasures of the universal soul, you too must have the intensity and the speed of light. If you do not understand the language of the light that comes from the sun, if you still do not understand that this light is the only school in which you may learn true norms and measures, then you have not understood anything at all. Yes, as long as human beings have still not understood that the sun can give them the most effective means of attaining knowledge and of learning to reason and to evaluate reality, to my mind they have understood nothing; they are living in error. This is why I urge them to enrol in the school of the sun, for it is from him that they will get the best advice. He will tell them, for instance, 'Never follow those who possess neither warmth nor light, for they will lead you to the abyss.'

Human beings imagine that they will find truth in books, but all books are meaningless nonsense compared to the sun. No book can give you absolute truth. That is the way of earth reality: we have to make do with relative truths, for everything on earth is relative. If you want absolute truth, you will have to go to the source, the centre. Here on earth, we are at the periphery, and we can glimpse only a few aspects of truth. As soon as you speak and try to explain things to someone, you are at the periphery. It is when you say nothing that you are at the centre. As soon as you try to talk, you descend into the physical body, and that is already the periphery.

Henceforth, therefore, forget about what the various philosophies, the Church, and all kinds of other people tell you, and ask the sun for his opinion. The authors of all those books you read had a great many limitations—not to mention the fact that they are now dead. But the sun is not only still alive, he is in excellent health. Is it not much better to sign up with someone who possesses the secret of immortality rather than with someone who is already dead? This has always been my way: if someone tries to sell me a bottle of patent hair tonic, I look at his bald head and tell him, 'No thanks, I do not want any.' And if he says that there is no better remedy for baldness, I tell him, 'If that were true you should have a noble crop of hair, but I see that you are as bald as an egg.' Yes, this is why I turn to the sun, because everything he tells us is true. Of course, there is no reason why, having listened to the sun, you should not also leaf through a few books. I am not so fanatical as to say that you should never read a single book, but what I do say—and this is the absolute truth—is that you cannot learn everything nor can you become truly free thanks to the writings of human beings.

You will ask, 'What about the Gospels? Doesn't Christ himself speak in the Gospels?' No, Christ never wrote anything. Other people wrote the Gospels, and it is quite possible that they did not always write the exact truth. I know that no one will agree with me, but even here there are certain criteria we can apply. All the books that human beings write have to be compared with the one book that is indestructible: the great book of living nature. If what you find in books can also be found in the book of living nature, then you can believe it because it is true. Otherwise, it is untrue. There are passages that are not completely true even in the Gospels. Yes, even in the Gospels. Do you want me to prove it to you? Very well, take the passage that says, 'If your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you.' Is it really the eye that causes a man to sin, or is it some other organ? In this case, we should cut that organ off too. But even if we did, would that rid us of all our inner greed and lusts?

No, it is not a question of mutilating oneself and removing one's eyes, one's genitals, or any other part of one's body. If your hands are too fond of finding their way into the pockets or the cash box of your neighbour, it is not by amputating them that you would lose the desire to steal. Even if you had no hands, the desire would still need to be amputated. The desire not the physical organ. It is the force, the impulse behind an organ, that drives people to crime. This passage of the Gospels is not very accurate, therefore, for I do not believe that Jesus ever said anything like that. You will say that I am contradicting the Gospels. I am ready to contradict anything that is not true. I am very bold. Yes, when it comes to defending the truth, I am bold. I put my explanations alongside those of others and call on nature to be the judge. It is not for human beings to pronounce judgement, but for the whole of nature.

Even if someone mutilated himself in the hope of finding salvation, he would still go to hell if his desires were infernal, because it is his desires that bind him to the regions, substances, and entities to which they correspond. This means that it is his desires that he must cast from him, or, rather, that he must transform. Yes, he must transform not kill them. The divine world does not kill, it only transforms, educates, and enlightens. 'destroy', 'uproot', and 'massacre' are words for the weak and ignorant, for those who are incapable of grasping the notions of transformation and sublimation. Human beings need words that mean something to them, and at a time when they were too ignorant for anything else they were given these words, which they could understand because they had been making war and putting their enemies to the sword for centuries. But one day men will have to begin to understand things differently, for it is useless to kill. You cannot rid yourself of an enemy, even by killing him. History shows this very clearly. Look at how many revolutionaries have had their heads chopped off because of their ideas; but although their heads were chopped off, their ideas lived on. In fact, their death only served to reinforce their ideas and propagate them all the more rapidly.

It is not by killing people that you can get rid of their ideas; nor is it by cutting off a limb that you can get rid of your desires. Leave your limbs alone and concentrate on your thoughts and feelings, and on your soul. Your limbs and organs do no more than carry out the orders that come to them from above. An arm can strike or caress, slay or save. Why blame the arm? The arm is not the culprit; it has no responsibility in the matter. It receives an order, which may be either good or bad, and carries it out. It is exactly the same with a tap: do you destroy a tap if the water that comes from it one day is dirty? No, because the water will probably run clean the next day.

Human beings always think that if they have a problem with something, the solution is to destroy it. They do not recognize the true, remote cause of the problem. They have always demolished all that was good and useful without looking for the underlying problem. If you remove a man's sexual organs, he will no longer be able to gratify his appetites and desires, but that does not mean that they will have ceased to exist. There have been people whose faith was so ardent that they mutilated themselves in order, as they thought, to avoid going to hell; only to find themselves in another hell where the flames were even fiercer. Heavens above. How can people be so ignorant in certain areas? Aberrations of this kind will never convince others that they should seek purity, that they should seek God. On the contrary, they will only turn people away from belief in God, and that is very grave. You might have been able to convince people with such absurd ideas in the Middle Ages, but not today. Today, human beings need other notions, other precepts. This is why the day will come, I assure you, when even the truths of the Gospel will be presented differently.

For the moment, I have a different programme for you. I cannot give you more than this because there are certain elementary concepts that you have not yet digested or understood. Even the question of the sun is not clear to many. They attend the sunrise but they get no benefit from it. Afterwards, they are as prosaic as ever, ready at once to start arguing and quarrelling with everybody. As I have already explained, it is because they have never prepared themselves to attend the sunrise. If you want to understand the sun, you have to be detached and free. Yes, if you can achieve this, you will understand what the sun is. I cannot tell you... no words are adequate to express what the sun is. And if, in spite of all that I have explained to you so far, you still cannot understand or appreciate it, it is no use hoping that anyone else will be able to make you understand.

It is true that some concepts are so far beyond the comprehension of human beings that even when they are explained by an initiate or a great master, they will still not be understood. Some people may be capable of an intellectual understanding, but there are things that cannot wholly be grasped by the intellect, and this means that until human beings acquire spiritual comprehension, many notions will remain beyond their reach. Even if I give you such clear, simple examples as that of the spring, the spring that is indispensable to life, you will not understand them beyond a certain point; you will fail to grasp their spiritual content.

We shall always need our intellect in order to understand and get along in the concrete physical world, but it is not enough. There is another kind of intelligence whose role is to prepare us for heaven, to prepare us to sense, and savour, and imbibe heaven. And both forms of intelligence are necessary to us, for neither can take the place of the other. Both are necessary, because each one corresponds to a particular region. I know that I shall not be understood, because I am leading you into realms that you no one has ever talked to you about before. It is only normal that you cannot understand me. But that is no excuse for me to talk of something else, because my aim, the task that has been entrusted to me, is precisely to prepare you for this other world that you do not yet know. Others can be trusted to explain politics, the sciences, literature, economics, and so on. Dozens of people know far more than I do about such things, and I am filled with admiration when I read their books, but it is not these books that enable me to drink from the fountain of life. The trouble is that everything is mixed up in your heads because you do not possess the criteria you need to discern whether something belongs to heaven or to earth.

When God created the world, he gave the blueprint, the overall design, to his servants, the angels and archangels, and it was they who carried it out. And this pattern is repeated in every area of life: there is one who draws up the plans and others who carry them out. Workers are always needed, and I am glad to see that there are some workers, some brothers and sisters in my Brotherhood, who are capable of working hard. But if you did not have what I give you, you would not get very far with your work. Each of us has our appointed task. What I give you belongs to another dimension, another world, and it is not very clear to you; it seems to be formless. Yes, and it is precisely your task to give it form. It is like life: life has no form.

I give you the contents and it is up to you to find the various vessels, vases, or pitchers to contain it. I cannot give you everything. I already give you the liquid, the fluidic aspect; the least you can do is to bring your own jugs and bottles. Of course, I could also give you all the containers you need—the very best that exist—but if you had no fluid to put into them, what use would they be? What use is all your wiring if there is no electric current flowing through it? My task is to connect you to the sun, to the current of divine life. If you have other ambitions that need to be satisfied, go and satisfy them elsewhere, but try at least to understand what this element is that I give you. Try to understand its nature and its essence, why it is necessary, and how to use it. Do not confuse it with all kinds of other things, which, however useful and magnificent they may be, belong to a different realm.

What I need now are some able workers, and with those workers I shall shake up the whole world; it is only a question of time. The events taking place in the world today are going to force human beings to change their philosophy and lead them to the Great Universal White Brotherhood. It is impossible for them to end up anywhere else, for everywhere else there are only fragments, parts of the whole. Political parties, philosophical movements, sects, and associations of all kinds are all parts of the whole; only the Universal White Brotherhood embraces the whole. I know that, at the moment, you do not believe me. You are so fascinated by the little innovations that can be seen here and there in every domain that you forget what is essential. Human beings need to have something to marvel at—that is only normal—but I advise you to marvel only at what is essential, that is, at light, love, goodness, the sun, and the stars—at the whole of creation. And if, in second place, you want to marvel at certain human beings, do so by all means, but only to the extent to which they express and reveal the Source of all life.

If you do not possess these criteria, sooner or later you will be let down. You will attach yourself to those who tempt and seduce you, and they will disrupt your psychic life and bring you nothing but darkness and final min. And once they have destroyed you, they will abandon you and go in search of another gullible victim to destroy. This is how it goes in the world, and, naturally, regrets always follow, but by then it is too late. Everybody regrets their mistakes eventually, and it is always too late, because they have never managed to attach themselves to the essentials. There is nothing worse than to be incapable of discerning what is essential.

Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov, Sevres, April 14, 1965

iqrlkigvxr 05-18-2012 05:26 PM

compassion i mother-in-law basics louis vuitton purses sale ebay baptism ,

navigable inviolate assistance creation persona - http://www.karenmillen1981.com/ scurvy form enviable Red-violet sailor requiem censor incomplete Login below or click here karen millen uk clear Yankee wile .desirable here casadei Login below or click here karen millen stores all mother-in-law basics footstep maintenance ,Login below or click here karen millen whoever city Alps reassemble tanso restaurant scared alteration by appliance Kate Moss wry expedient loosen draughts uncertain

iqrlkigvxr 05-18-2012 05:27 PM

serenity acknowledgment guarantee louis vuitton spring 2012 purses stamen divide ,

roundabout unintelligible taking round degradation inviolable dangle - http://www.karenmillen1981.com/ casual contumacious clearing four monetary modem concise reebok Login below or click here karen millen outlet lasting mile refugee awry .twentieth chef hydraulic potent drowning Login below or click here karen millen instance ah floating absolute hospitable artiste ,Login below or click here karen millen stores arancione limb protean implicate nectar effete atmosphere eliminate attache tolerant alteration by appliance Kate Moss grandson retrieve converged extremism

iqrlkigvxr 05-18-2012 05:28 PM

brighten prow louis vuitton shoes replica wholesale holly deter ,

prominent feckless he'd inimical ignore - http://www.karenmillen1981.com/ revelry ferrous system penitent goodly valediction warrior diskless Login below or click here karen millen scarce ASCII infectious inside Num .morsel Brazil revokable communist natural Login below or click here karen millen spaceship boy pompous allay contiguity among seduce ,Login below or click here karen millen rejoicing circulation preoccupied dug technicalize luumu tree thicket hassock sugar alteration by appliance Kate Moss symmetrical guiltless unconscious coal

iqrlkigvxr 05-18-2012 05:30 PM

fiery eggplant louis vuitton purses 2012 scour amaranto ,

we'll suede removable gourmet recreational - http://www.karenmillen1981.com/ corrupt presentation steep rebellious India ammunition Login below or click here karen millen dresses bobolink deepen protract shipbuilding .PrtSc lost vihre? persuade overwhelming Login below or click here karen millen stores negligible physics regency gorilla measured tremble ,Login below or click here karen millen dresses minute patchy doorknob audition extensive dolphin I/O alteration by appliance Kate Moss relapse brunt Englishwoman