Club Conspiracy Forums

Club Conspiracy Forums (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/index.php)
-   The effects of the NWO (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   FDA approves injecting ID chips in patients (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2301)

Insider 12-01-2005 09:57 PM

FDA approves injecting ID chips in patients

FDA approves injecting ID chips in patients
by Alorie Gilbert

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved the practice of injecting humans with tracking devices for medical purposes, according to a Florida company that makes the devices.

Applied Digital, maker of the implantable VeriChip for humans, announced Wednesday the FDA´s approval of its technology for use in hospitals following a yearlong review by the agency.

The computer chips, which are about the size of a grain of rice, are designed to be injected into the fatty tissue of the arm. Using a special scanner, doctors and other hospital staff can fetch information from the chips, such as the patient´s identity, their blood type and the details of their condition, in order to speed treatment.

The company is targeting the devices at patients suffering from Alzheimer´s disease, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and other conditions requiring complex treatment.

Medical data is not stored on the devices, also known as radio frequency identification chips. Rather, it´s stored in a database that links the chips´ unique serial numbers with patient data. In its review, the FDA carefully studied the privacy issues around the technology, specifically the risk that medical records could be improperly disclosed, according to Applied Digital.

So far, no hospitals in the United States have placed orders for the chips, an Applied Digital representative said. So the company is planning to give away scanners, which cost $650 a piece, to 200 trauma centers around the country to jump-start the market.
The patient ID chips are taking off more quickly in other countries. In Mexico, more than 1,000 patients have been implanted with VeriChips. The Italian Ministry of Health is testing the technology in some hospitals there.

Applied Digital, based in Palm Beach, Fla., also markets the VeriChip as an authentication tool for use in building security and to complete financial transactions. The attorney general of Mexico and 200 people on his staff have already been implanted with the company´s chips as part of an effort to control access to areas where confidential documents are kept.

The tags, which are inserted with a syringe, have been used to track pets and livestock for years, the company said.

Applied Digital has sold about 7,000 VeriChip devices, and approximately 1,000 have been inserted in humans, the company said in July. The company would not provide more current figures or disclose the price of the chips.

truebeliever 12-02-2005 12:36 AM

Re: FDA approves injecting ID chips in patients

Quote:

The company is targeting the devices at patients suffering from Alzheimer´s disease, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and other conditions requiring complex treatment.
I guess a simple chain around the wrist is too "old school"?

Complex treatment? Do they mean the boringly repetative treatment i used to dish out on these people? To what "complexity" does the author refer?

Now I'll REALLY pull to peices their bullshit...

Quote:

So far, no hospitals in the United States have placed orders for the chips, an Applied Digital representative said. So the company is planning to give away scanners, which cost $650 a piece, to 200 trauma centers around the country to jump-start the market.
Do you know what %90 of the ambulances you see, sirens blaring, are bringing in or going too..."chest pain". The same people, over and over again, well known to staff.

Does a "brutha wid a cap in hid ass" need a veri chip? Me thinks the trauma people know the drill.

There reasons are crap. They will put them in the elderly and infirm first if for no other reason than they will not complain and besides, they'll threaten to take away health care if you dont get them like they did here in Oz for the new "chipped" medicare card for war veterans.

The system already works.

There are no staff to take an old geyser to the toilet but at least when he's found dead on the floor from a fall he can be identified more readily...if the stupid scanner gets plugged into the power point and charged that is.

truebeliever 12-02-2005 12:38 AM

Re: FDA approves injecting ID chips in patients - On The Border Too? Soon?

This is part of an e-mail from a friend who just crossed the Kanadian/U.S border...

Quote:

I just spent a week in Corvallis, Oregon with my sister for Thanksgiving. The drive down was fairly uneventful but the US border crossing was the same old painstaking 40 minute crawl. I seem to have an innate ability to choose the slow lane every time - grocery store, car wash - you name it, I'm remarkably talented. When I finally pulled up at the box I was greeted suspiciously by a young border guard bearing the name tag "Wang." I mentally substituted the 'G' for a 'K', and resisted the urge to inform him that his lane was exactly 15 minutes and 23 seconds slower than the lane next door (I was timing it like a true Virgo). 'Wank' ushered me inside to organise my visa, but once there took a lengthy look at my passport and muttered the words you never want to hear from a border guard "I think we may have a problem." Just before I broke down and started blubbering about my experiences in drug and alcohol rehab (just kidding!) he informed me that I didn’t seem to have a digital photo in my passport. I drew his attention to the fact my passport was issued in 1997 - pre-digital days as far as I'm aware, but that little factoid seemed to escape him. "Nope, nope...I think we have a problem." My composure was remarkable at that point and, although I ground my teeth to gum line, you have to pick your places carefully for a tantrum, and a room full of trigger happy, ego loaded border guards is probably not the best place to do it. So I managed to keep my deranged smile from slipping meanwhile telling him politely that he must be mistaken. So off he went to check with his supervisor leaving me to cool my heels for 15 minutes while he figured out the obvious. Eventually he conceded entry, but stapled 2 documents into my passport instead of the usual 1. When I enquired as to what the other little white card was, he looked exasperated and sighed, "it's a radio frequency transmitter!" Like d'uh!! So I asked him what it was doing in my passport and he replied "it's so we know when you enter and exit the States and when you approach the border" Hmmmph.. I suspect it has a much more sinister purpose then that and I'll probably be refused entry to the US in future for not logging the mandatory number of visits to McDonalds.

nomad 12-02-2005 04:44 AM

Re: FDA approves injecting ID chips in patients - On The Border Too? Soon?

I work in the industry ... get ready for an

EXPLOSION of RFIDs ... btw Applied Digital is

owned by IBM.