Club Conspiracy Forums

Club Conspiracy Forums (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Bible help (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3360)

05-19-2006 11:41 AM

Bible help

Trying to write an article about how many christians who claim to follow Jesus, are so supportive of the Bush regime.
Although I have read the bible, I'm not a person who can quickly know where to find a particular part that I remember reading, and I need some help on locating a part of Revelations, it had to do with Balek, or Baloc or something like that who had tripped on a stone, and something about eating things of idols.
Any help would be appreciated.
don

Bouncer 05-19-2006 01:51 PM

Re: Bible help

http://www.wmpress.org/rev_text/english.htm

This link will take you to the text in question.
If I catch your drift, the pastors who are using soft mind control on their congregations are using it to consolidate support for Bush. Am I close???

Also, a genuine Christian does not merely "follow Jesus" in the way that a man follows a great teacher; this is a vulgarization of the spiritual reality of being born again. It is that God prepared a way for us to repair the broken relationship between man and God, using Jesus' life and sacrifice to bridge the gap between us.

I'm no scholar, but keep the questions coming!

05-19-2006 03:51 PM

Found this, evidently I didn't remember it that well, its not what I was looking for.
LESSON 5. JESUS' LETTER TO THE CHURCH IN PERGAMOS
Revelation 2:12-17

12 "And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write, `These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword: 13 "I know your works, and where you dwell, where Satan's throne is. And you hold fast to My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells. 14 But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality. 15 Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. 16 Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth. 17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it." ' "
PS, on this,
This link will take you to the text in question.
If I catch your drift, the pastors who are using soft mind control on their congregations are using it to consolidate support for Bush. Am I close???
In general terms yes.
Will keep on trying to write it.
It's nothing great but just thought I'd try writing abit more.

Saturnino 05-19-2006 04:08 PM

Can you be a little more specific ?
There is a verse in one of the letters of Paul that talks about eating meat sacrificed to idols. It is 1 Corinthians 8. It ta;ls about the freedom of the believer who knows that an idol is nothing.

The other verse I cant't figure out.

Try www.biblegateway.com for a quick search tool.

And also, I am a Christian and I despise Bush. I know some good people who still support him. I think they are naive, that they have been brought up in a belief system that is almost impossible to break thru. Especially when they have been in the military, or when they have fathers or brothers that fought in the war...it is very hard to wake up.

05-19-2006 05:18 PM

As I said before, I'm trying to become a better writer, although I started off writing this piece confident that it would be written somewhat good, the more I read it the more I was unsure how it sounded, so Im going to put down what I wrote so far, and I want you to give me your honest opinion of it.
Should I give up trying to be a writer or are there just a few things I might want to consider changing in this piece?
No title at present.....

The world is in a rapid tailspin down, and the only way America and the rest of the world will ever survive the lunatics in power, is if someone finally comes along that can unite all of the splintered groups out here.
Although we all want the same things, we can't seem to figure out how to escape a pergatory of inexactitude, and infighting.
It seems as though most people out there are waiting for a second coming to bring mankind into a new era of reason , and although I also hope that there is something to this , I would rather see us get together and get it accomplished ourselves first , wouldn't that also make Jesus more proud ?
The fact of the matter is, we are fighting a beast that seems that no army can bring down, not even its own from the inside, it is accomplishing world domination, and it continues to force the world to submit to its global strategy, thus riding the backs of the poor, while raising the powermad to unprecidented heights.
In a more perfect world, those who profess the Christian view as their cornerstone , but refuse to see that the direction of our world is heading in a perilous way, must be made to understand that they may be the first in line to be repremanded for not following their hearts, but from following the empire of the beast.
The fact of the matter is the religeous right do go out and vote in large numbers, in their fall to their knees beliefs and support of these leaders, they will continue to cause our world to succumb to a false idiology.
Who is to convince them that when Jesus said on the cross, Forgive them father, for they know not what they do, is something they need to consider is also aimed at them?
I can't see into the future, but as long as we can't get together and get a viable front against the New World Order, and while the religeous right refuse to scrape the sleep from their eyes and recognize our present fall from the teachings of GOD, the world will fall to something more evil than a plutocracy, that will decide what GOD it is that we must soon follow.
We need a more concerted effort against these blinded individuals, we must try as hard as we can to show them the hypocracy of their ways. We need to get the word out that the person that they may be voting for in November may make the world one more step closer to the world the bible had warned them about.
We need to pool our strengths, because there's not a single benevolent truth seeker out there that will purchase a broadcasting corporation for the benefit of the people of the world to spread the truth.
In the absence of Christ, we need to get this done by ourselves.
The question is how would you wake the sleeping masses that don't want to be awoken?

05-19-2006 05:39 PM

Never mind, I just read it again and personally think it stinks as writing goes.
Must of had a brain fart?

nohope187 05-19-2006 06:27 PM

It's not that bad, though I wouldn't be posting it at churches. I'd print it out and post it at YMCA's or Community College bulletin boards. More likely reception there:-?

05-19-2006 09:40 PM

Thanks for the kind words, does anyone have a better way to write it for posting in those places, the Y , community boards, laundromats, etc...
Sort of a fix my flyer competition.
What would you ad , get rid of, or change all together.

madthumbs 05-20-2006 09:31 AM

Christianity is dangerous!

It teaches things like: Bless your persecutors, pay taxes, obey the laws, turn the other cheek, work as if you're working for Jesus, and belief in Israel being God's elect.

-Exactly what they want for mind control!

Israel is not God's elect.

The Bible is fallible.

Disinfo agents like Alex Jones promote Christianity, not just by confessing to being Christian, but by attributing Satanism to Polititians. Is Molech worship really Satanism? Wouldn't they pretend to be Satanic to the conspiracy theorists to promote the mind controlling Christianity?

I could show you a conspiracy forum that appears to be flooded with Christians. They've banned biased towards atheists, users have many alternate accounts/ personas, etc. Christianity is a tool of Zionists.

Saturnino 05-20-2006 12:50 PM

madthumb,

It is a pity you have such a limited understanding of what Christianity really is. It is so much more than Bush, or the Republicans, or even this single country in this short period of time, USA in the 2000's.

Jesus is God who created everything. Man has sinned and made a mess of the world, but eventually Jesus will fix it.

This is a belief that explains the most profound of questions: who we are, where we came from, where we are going, the meaning of things. It is up to you to accept it or not.

Other than that, we have common values such as freedom, human dignity, etc., that can somehow join Christians and atheists in the same fight.

But saying that Christianity is dangerous is totally illogic. Maybe you should say that the use of the name of Christianity by false Christians, who are in secret occultists, is dangerous. I have never met a REAL Christian who was a danger to anyone. Ever.