Club Conspiracy Forums

Club Conspiracy Forums (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself! (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New Member here (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3666)

Tor 08-15-2006 07:24 PM

New Member here

A little about myself and my interests first.

I am a retired military officer who has been out of active service now about 2 years. Most of my duty time was spent in Southwest USA. Think Mojave Desert and you will be close. I was branched Infantry but because of my degree,I spent a lot of time doing field testing with Natick consultants. I have seen an abundant amount of technology of both the lethal and non-lethal variety.

I bring that up because there is a lot of mis-information out there about military capabilities. When I can do so, I will hopefully give some insight into what is possible and what is clearly impossible.

Hopefully I can add something to this site. The truth about things is often much stranger than you can imagine.

So see you around the forum.

truebeliever 08-15-2006 08:21 PM

Re: New Member here

Welcome. I look forward to reading your stuff.
:-)

Stranger 08-15-2006 09:53 PM

welcome,
I remember when a stealth aircraft got shot down in Bosnia, and I thought "crap, now they got technology". But then I concluded that the stealth technology may not be the lastest and greatest that the military has, so maybe it was not as big a deal to lose that aircraft as first thought. Any feedback on this?

666 08-15-2006 10:25 PM

Quote:

Tor wrote:

I am a retired military officer who has been out of active service now about 2 years. Most of my duty time was spent in Southwest USA. Think Mojave Desert and you will be close. I was branched Infantry but because of my degree,I spent a lot of time doing field testing with Natick consultants. I have seen an abundant amount of technology of both the lethal and non-lethal variety.

I bring that up because there is a lot of mis-information out there about military capabilities. When I can do so, I will hopefully give some insight into what is possible and what is clearly impossible.

Hopefully I can add something to this site. The truth about things is often much stranger than you can imagine.

Welcome Tor !

Glad to have you here.

:-D

First question: Is it true that Israel can

easily put up an "electronic wall of

china" that would cause ANY incoming missile or

airplane etc. to EXPLODE in mid air ?

Does such a technology exist ?

Tor 08-16-2006 10:45 AM

Israel does not have that technology. The United States has done testing of what you are refering to. But not deployed as yet. Still some years away and their are many difficulties with the approach. I can't really comment on the level of shared military technology between the USA and Israel. Let's just say its limited to certain things.

Interfereing with guidance systems and destroying electronic components can be done at a distance within a localized area. But a broad band approach to that problem requires a lot of infrastructure.

I hope that helps a little.

Quote:

666 wrote:
Quote:

Tor wrote:

Welcome Tor !

Glad to have you here.

:-D

First question: Is it true that Israel can

easily put up an "electronic wall of

china" that would cause ANY incoming missile or

airplane etc. to EXPLODE in mid air ?

Does such a technology exist ?

Tor 08-16-2006 10:54 AM

Quote:

Stranger wrote:
welcome,
I remember when a stealth aircraft got shot down in Bosnia, and I thought "crap, now they got technology". But then I concluded that the stealth technology may not be the lastest and greatest that the military has, so maybe it was not as big a deal to lose that aircraft as first thought. Any feedback on this?
Eventually, I will figure out the quote system here Sorry for the problem on my first reply.

Getting the technology is not the same thing as being able to create the technology. The actual concept behind the Stealth fighter was a brainchild of a Russian scientist's paper on radar theory, but they were unable to apply that theory to a practical airplane.

Although my expertise does not lie in planes or the stealth technology behind them, you probably know that military technology is often hidden from view for some time even when the system is operational, as was the case with the F117.

666 08-16-2006 12:02 PM

Yeah got you, the unknown is greater than the known.

ryle 09-29-2006 06:16 PM

hello - i am a new member. so glad that there are other like minded people out there. i am interested in philosophy. i find it hard to believe the lengths that academics will go to deny conspiracies. i look forward to learning from this site, material old and new.

Tor 12-14-2006 07:54 PM

Dude, Please don't try to compare your mind to mine.

Shadow 12-28-2006 05:25 AM