Club Conspiracy Forums

Club Conspiracy Forums (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conspiracy Discussion (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Jesus Did State He Was God; Here's the Proof! (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53)

ephesians6 12-31-2004 09:16 PM

Jesus Did State He Was God; Here's the Proof!

Someone in a previous posting had wondered about whether Jesus ever said He was God.

Well, here's proof for you.

There are many verses that prove that Jesus was exactly who He said He was, and Jesus DID admit to being God, twice that I'm aware of:
--------------------------------------------

"You are not yet fifty years old," the Jews said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!"

"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" (John 8:57-58)

(That phrase, "I am," was used by God in the OT.)
---------------------------------------------

and consider this verse from Genesis that is PLURAL (more than one person)--

"Then God said, "Let us make man in our image.."

(Why did God say "Us?")
----------------------------------------------

And here's the direct PROOF that Jesus said He was God:

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them from my hand.

My Father who has given them to me is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fathers hand.

I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE."

John 10:27-3
----------------------------------------------

Daniel 01-01-2005 07:40 AM

Re: Jesus Did State He Was God; Here's the Proof!

Christian mind.

You are wrapped up tight in your little box aren't you. The Father *AND* I are one. Wake up, you are still asleep and spiritually dead.

marypopinz 01-01-2005 08:02 AM

I believe Jesus meant that he was acting in unison with God, his father - as a unified force.

Yet another example of the life of Jesus being an example for humanity because he was a human. God gave us a great role model. Jesus - a divinely inspired lifetime of many achievements, who has conquered over evil, time and time again.

I'm on their team. I'm part of that force in my, own small way.

my two cents.
XXX

billiard 01-01-2005 08:43 AM

ephesians is correct . jesus was/is indeed divine but also fully human , the bible saying that he laid aside his divine power and lived as a man . he was the son of man ...he was the son of god .he was a man , but he was god . emmanuel ,a name used for messiah in the old testament,means "god with us". i don't pretend to fully understand this,but who am i to understand god ? he is beyond my ability to understand . i simply accept what the scriptures say , whose message is clearly that jesus was "god in the flesh" .

nomad 01-01-2005 08:45 AM

Quote:

marypopinz wrote:
I believe Jesus meant that he was acting in unison with God, his father - as a unified force.

Yet another example of the life of Jesus being an example for humanity because he was a human. God gave us a great role model. Jesus - a divinely inspired lifetime of many achievements, who has conquered over evil, time and time again.

I'm on their team. I'm part of that force in my, own small way.

my two cents.
XXX

Why then, did the only person born of a

VIRGIN call himself Son of God ?

zanyzan311 01-01-2005 08:53 AM

I'm back baby!!
:-P
I've said it before, Jesus was either the Son of God or a complete madman. THeres not much middle ground. Remember He also said He had the power to forgive sins. I'm sorry i dont have a bible hanndy to qoute the verse. Would someone who was not God have the power to forgive sins?

Marsali 01-01-2005 11:20 AM

I think it's in the Gospel of Mark, chapter 2, in which Jesus states: ...."But in order that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"....

Jesus frequently referred to himself as the 'Son of Man.' Perhaps he was trying to instill in people's minds that, although he was the Son of God, he was also a human, just like them.

nohope187 01-01-2005 03:42 PM

How can Christ be God when it was the father who resurrected the son? How can Christ be God when he(Christ) sits at the right hand of God? Does'nt it also say in Collosians somewhere that Christ is the "first born of all creation" That does'nt sound like God to me.

nohope187 01-01-2005 03:52 PM

Also, Saying Christ is God totally destroys the whole point of God sending his son as a sacrifice.
But hey, if you wanna believe Christ is God, by all means, do it. I bet ya'll think you're gonna be raptured too. Do'nt complain when you receive the mark of the damned, okay? :-P

nohope187 01-01-2005 04:16 PM

What's also really annoying is, what's the deal with all these preachy threads? Can't this shit be condensed into the Christianity thread? :-P