Club Conspiracy Forums

Club Conspiracy Forums (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   NO CHILD UNRECRUITED (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=574)

get_real 04-21-2005 03:13 PM

NO CHILD UNRECRUITED
 
The pressure put on teens and young adults today, surely must pull at the heart strings of a parent.
To be tough, and to stand up for yourself and country is now being thrown at our young people.
Reading this article the other day, truly saddened and angered me. Hope you get a chance to read it:

www.motherjones.com/news/outfront/2002/11/ma_153_01.html

Saturnino 04-21-2005 07:11 PM

Re: NO CHILD UNRECRUITED
 
Let me tell you, you have no idea about how militarized is the country you live in !
In Brazil we seldom see a military truck in the streets. I never met anyone who went to war and I probably met half a dozen Brazilian guys in MY LIFE who had been soldiers.

In the US everybody has a father, brother, uncle, etc., who has been to war. There are bases everywhere. Jets flying over your head. Huge ships at the ports. In some places, 90% of the economy revolve around military bases.
It is like you have been at war forever. The country is completely mobilized for war. It is scary.

It is sad that all this effort is to the advantage of the Illuminists...the US has turned into a servant, to fix the world for their objetives. After that mission is accomplished, who knows ?

nomad 04-21-2005 08:37 PM

Re: NO CHILD UNRECRUITED
 
Quote:

get_real wrote:
The pressure put on teens and young adults today, surely must pull at the heart strings of a parent.
To be tough, and to stand up for yourself and country is now being thrown at our young people.
Reading this article the other day, truly saddened and angered me. Hope you get a chance to read it:

www.motherjones.com/news/outfront/2002/11/ma_153_01.html
excellent post get_real ! ... George Orwell

would be surprised at how dumb the Americans

are regarding doublespeak like "no child left

behind"

DT291 04-22-2005 12:27 AM

Re: NO CHILD UNRECRUITED
 
I actually stumbled across that article some time back and it is a good one.

Right after I graduated from high school up until about a year ago I constantly got calls from recruiters from all branches of the military. They are of course very misleading and anyone who talks to someont who was let down by them will know this. What is amazing however is how many young people actually believe them and join up thinking that their post-secondary education will be paid for by the military and how they will easily be able to find a good job once they get out.

I also agree with No Child Left Behind being a sick joke.

Draken 04-22-2005 01:51 AM

Re: NO CHILD UNRECRUITED
 
Never mind you could be killed before you get that fantastic American "education" - and the Neocons call the Arabs stupid believing the (misunderstood) promises in the Quran!!!

"Why do we not require, of the military enterprise, the same kinds of warning labels that socially-responsible people insist be included on far safer products such as cigarettes and alcohol? For the sake of "truth in advertising" that so agitates people in other settings, why not include the following at the end of commercials on behalf of military service: "WARNING: service in the military could be hazardous to your health. You could be seriously wounded, maimed, or blown to pieces in a foreign land"? At the very least, mention could be made of the fact that college tuitions will not be forthcoming should the soldier not be alive to enroll in college!"

From the brilliant article <a href="http://www.lewrockwell.com/shaffer/shaffer85.html">"Loving Our Children"</a> by the always excellent <a href="http://www.lewrockwell.com/shaffer/shaffer-arch.html">Butler Shaffer</a>.

get_real 04-22-2005 12:54 PM

Re: NO CHILD UNRECRUITED
 
They won't put a warning label, but I know what you are getting at. They want those of certain 'minds'--- they want you to do what it takes to 'be all that you can be'!!, 'do for your country--no matter what price', 'you are invincible',----- "Are you going to let those blank, blank, blank come into the good ole USA and terrorize us!!!???" ---"Git 'em you God-lovin' soldiers!!!!!!

nohope187 04-22-2005 09:16 PM

Re: NO CHILD UNRECRUITED
 
The government is mainly appealling to the, "my country right even when we're wrong" crowd which is like 90 percent, I'm guessing. The other 10 percent are people who either don't care or are conscientious objectors. I'd say the later are about 2 percent. A great example of bullshit recruiting tactics is in the movie Starship Troopers. :-P

stand_still 04-25-2005 01:17 PM

Re: NO CHILD UNRECRUITED
 
the 'no child left behind' act totally sucks. face it. period. end of discussion.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.