Club Conspiracy Forums

Club Conspiracy Forums (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest News (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   OPEC! Surplus...? (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6666)

BlueAngel 10-20-2008 12:37 AM

OPEC! Surplus...?

Excerpt:

Pressure is mounting within OPEC to reduce supplies as oil prices have fallen more than 50 percent from July's record of $147.27 and expectations have grown that a global recession will erode fuel demand.

Oh, GOD forbid that a recession might impact the need for fuel demand!

I mean, the oil cartels might lose a few dollars, right?

OPEC may cut oil supplies in 2 rounds: Khelil - Yahoo! News

They freakin' tell us that they're going to reduce the supply because prices have fallen.

Yeah, like oil isn't plentiful.

It's only scarce, when those who control it decide that they WANT more money.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, Groovy, my dear, that's not right.

The link is the same color as the text.

?

justgroovy 10-20-2008 10:42 AM

Re: OPEC! Surplus...?

Hmm ok let me take a look, it does turn white once you've already clicked on it ... let me change that

BlueAngel 10-20-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justgroovy (Post 52372)
Hmm ok let me take a look, it does turn white once you've already clicked on it ... let me change that

Gracias!

BlueAngel 10-21-2008 06:42 AM

OPEC Member countries and date joined:

Algeria 1969 Africa
Angola 2007 Africa
Ecuador(**) rejoined 2007 South America
Indonesia 1962 Asia
IR Iran* 1960 Middle East
Iraq* 1960 Middle East
Kuwait* 1960 Middle East
SP Libyan AJ 1962 Africa
Nigeria 1971 Africa
Qatar 1961 Middle East
Saudi Arabia* 1960 Middle East
United Arab Emirates 1967 Middle East
Venezuela* 1960 South America

justgroovy 10-21-2008 11:42 AM

I mean look at that list of countries.

I don't think there's one country on there that is genuinely a huge fan of the US, and since we use so much of the oil that is being produced it really is the best way to stick it to the US.

That of course is assuming that OPEC isn't secretly run by some sort of Illuminati based group, and if that does happen to be the case then I guess my original statement is probably what they want us to think.

BlueAngel 10-21-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justgroovy (Post 52380)
I mean look at that list of countries.

I don't think there's one country on there that is genuinely a huge fan of the US, and since we use so much of the oil that is being produced it really is the best way to stick it to the US.

That of course is assuming that OPEC isn't secretly run by some sort of Illuminati based group, and if that does happen to be the case then I guess my original statement is probably what they want us to think.

Awesome post, Groovy.

I was thinkin' about how they can really stick it to us, as well because the member list certainly doesn't contain too many allies of the US.

Could it be that they want us to think America has no say within OPEC and that this is how OPEC retaliates against the US especially due to our invasion in the Middle East?

But, then again, who really pulls the strings of OPEC and could it be that many of these countries whose leaders appear not to be our friends, just might be?