Club Conspiracy Forums

Club Conspiracy Forums (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/index.php)
-   What is really going on? (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   George W. Bush: The Bible Is "Probably Not" Literally True (http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6891)

Revelation1217 12-09-2008 01:03 PM

George W. Bush: The Bible Is "Probably Not" Literally True

In an absolutely stunning new interview, President George W. Bush publicly said that the Bible is "probably not" literally true, that he prays to the same God that other major religions do and that he believes the scientific proof for evolution.

When asked if he believed that the Bible was literally true, President Bush responded this way:

"Probably not. No, I'm not a literalist, but I think you can learn a lot from it."
This interview will come as a disappointment to many evangelical Christians who rabidly supported Bush through two rocky terms as president.

The reality is that George W. Bush's religious beliefs are not compatible with evangelical Christianity:

The Moral Collapse Of America: George W. Bush: The Bible Is "Probably Not" Literally True

BlueAngel 12-09-2008 11:48 PM

Re: George W. Bush: The Bible Is "Probably Not" Literally True

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revelation1217 (Post 53797)
In an absolutely stunning new interview, President George W. Bush publicly said that the Bible is "probably not" literally true, that he prays to the same God that other major religions do and that he believes the scientific proof for evolution.

When asked if he believed that the Bible was literally true, President Bush responded this way:

"Probably not. No, I'm not a literalist, but I think you can learn a lot from it."
This interview will come as a disappointment to many evangelical Christians who rabidly supported Bush through two rocky terms as president.

The reality is that George W. Bush's religious beliefs are not compatible with evangelical Christianity:

The Moral Collapse Of America: George W. Bush: The Bible Is "Probably Not" Literally True

Why is it shocking that Bush doesn't believe the Bible is "literally" true?

Do you?

Volumnius Flush 12-21-2008 10:01 PM

This is so absurd. Unfortunately a majority of the so-called evangelicals will probably agree with him.

BlueAngel 12-22-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volumnius Flush (Post 54019)
This is so absurd. Unfortunately a majority of the so-called evangelicals will probably agree with him.

Yeah.

How absurd.

Bush is a Christian and doesn't believe the Bible is "literally" true.

He is then not a Christian because Christians believe the Bible word for word.

If I believe the Bible, Jesus walked across water.

I wasn't there, but they say that he did in the Bible, so I guess I should believe it if I want to be a Christian.

Maybe part of the water was frozen.

The Old Medic 02-03-2009 01:56 PM

No, being a Christian does not mean that you have to believe that every word of the Bible is literal truth. Only a very tiny minority of Christians believe that is the case. They are very loud about their beliefs, and condemn anyone that doesn't believe as they do, but that does not make them right.

Jesus spoke in parables, which are stories to illustrate a point. Those stories were not the literal truth, but the point was.

Much of the early old testament was an effort to explain the formation of the earth, etc. Nobody but fanatics really believe that the earth was formed in 6 human days. After all, what is a day to God?

St. Paul, in one of his Epistles, says that a day is like ten thousand years to God, and ten thousand years is like a day. In other words, time to God is nothing like time is to us.

The Bible does not say just how God fashioned the world and the universe. It says that he did this, but does not explain how.There is no reason why he couldn't have chosen evolution as the process.

It is interesting that the vast majority of the Christian fundamentalists are located in the United States. Not one of their churches existed before the 17th century and most came along in the 18th or 19th). They all broke off from more mainstream religions, and they all believe that they have the exclusive answer to Salvation.

And every one of them forgets that in the Bible, God says that only he knows what is in a persons heart.

They just never appear to have "caught on" very well in other parts of the world. I can't help but wonder why that is?

BlueAngel 02-03-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Old Medic (Post 54770)
No, being a Christian does not mean that you have to believe that every word of the Bible is literal truth. Only a very tiny minority of Christians believe that is the case. They are very loud about their beliefs, and condemn anyone that doesn't believe as they do, but that does not make them right.

Jesus spoke in parables, which are stories to illustrate a point. Those stories were not the literal truth, but the point was.

Much of the early old testament was an effort to explain the formation of the earth, etc. Nobody but fanatics really believe that the earth was formed in 6 human days. After all, what is a day to God?

St. Paul, in one of his Epistles, says that a day is like ten thousand years to God, and ten thousand years is like a day. In other words, time to God is nothing like time is to us.

The Bible does not say just how God fashioned the world and the universe. It says that he did this, but does not explain how.There is no reason why he couldn't have chosen evolution as the process.

It is interesting that the vast majority of the Christian fundamentalists are located in the United States. Not one of their churches existed before the 17th century and most came along in the 18th or 19th). They all broke off from more mainstream religions, and they all believe that they have the exclusive answer to Salvation.

And every one of them forgets that in the Bible, God says that only he knows what is in a persons heart.

They just never appear to have "caught on" very well in other parts of the world. I can't help but wonder why that is?

I'm well aware that in order to be a Christian one does not have to believe the bible to be ALL TRUTH.

Anyone who believes that everything written in the bible is truth, needs to have their head checked.

Re-read my post.

I'm certain you'll understand my point more clearly when you do.

The Old Medic 02-06-2009 10:14 AM

Blue Angel, you REALLY need to stop being so paranoid.

My note was NOT addressed to you, but to the topic. I was not respinding to YOU, but to the topic. Stop thinking that i am ONLY speaking to you.

Also, it is NOT necessary to quote every note in its entirety. That just makes all of these topic unnecessarily long.

It's those little voices again, isn't it? Telling you that everything is directed at YOU and you alone.

Revelation1217 03-10-2009 02:10 PM

Whatever we believe about this, it is important to communicate it in a spirit of love and respect.

jmt 03-10-2009 05:02 PM

bush was pure b.s. since 2000 i always saw his face as a scumbag looking liar! then 2004 election came and i knew that john kerry was going to lose because he seemed weak and WAY more less promising. Then last year i even get more reassurence that he was going to lose the 2004 election by finding out his bush's brother though skull and bones. Not just christains are misfollowed by bush, poeple are too stupid and lazy to do reach anymore on canidates they vote on and once again this election was the same with obama bin laden an other mason puppet but then again what future president wont be a mason?

BlueAngel 03-10-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Old Medic (Post 54842)
Blue Angel, you REALLY need to stop being so paranoid.

My note was NOT addressed to you, but to the topic. I was not respinding to YOU, but to the topic. Stop thinking that i am ONLY speaking to you.

Also, it is NOT necessary to quote every note in its entirety. That just makes all of these topic unnecessarily long.

It's those little voices again, isn't it? Telling you that everything is directed at YOU and you alone.

I suggest you grab a Thesaurus as your use of the word PARANOIA has become quite monotonous.

Please be advised that anytime you make a note or comment on a thread, anyone can respond to that note regardless of the fact that you have not addressed that NOTE to any member of CC in particular.

Obviously, I don't think that you are only speaking to me because I don't respond to ALL of your NOTES.

I'll use the quote function as I desire.

Please tell US why you believe I have VOICES that are AGAIN telling me that everything is directed at me and me alone.

The operative words would be VOICES and AGAIN.

Not the first time you have referenced VOICES.

Care to elaborate or instead spare us with yet another of your NOTES directed to NO ONE in particular just so you can use the word PARANOIA and VOICES AGAIN?