Thread: Hugo's Revenge
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Hugo's Revenge

Quote:
freeman wrote:
Sorry if I evoked an unpleasant memory, BlueAngel.

No Problem!! I'm trying to piece together the puzzle just as many others are only I have a personal one as well. Memories are not as debilatating as they were several years ago. Time heals all wounds!!

There is actually another chapter to this story, but I doubt whether it will ever transpire:

Quote:
Venezuela to seek legal action against Robertson

CARACAS, Venezuela, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said on Sunday his government would take legal action against Pat Robertson and potentially seek his extradition after the U.S. evangelist called for Washington to assassinate the South American leader.

Robertson, who later apologized for the remark, said he was expressing his frustration with Chavez's constant accusations against the administration of President George W. Bush.

So, here we go. Dissent from a foreign country against our President and a religious man calls for his assassination!! Who are the terrorists now??

"I announce that my government is going to take legal action in the United States ... to call for the assassination of a head of state is an act of terrorism." Chavez said in a televised speech.

The fiery left-wing critic of Bush's foreign policy who frequently charges the U.S. government is plotting to kill him, called Robertson "crazy" and a "public menace."

He said Venezuela could seek Robertson's extradition under international treaties and take its claim to the United Nations if the Bush administration did not act.
Venezuela to seek legal action against Robertson

I seem to recall this being attempted with Henry Kissinger after the shenanigans he and Nixon pulled in Chile during the Allende regime. Several international legal actions were filed and slowly vanished into the ethereal cosmos without a whisper of the evil Dr. K's extradition.
It all just disappears into thin air when you've got your people placed in all the important and critical positions. Super glue, anyone??

I guess Pat Robertson's followers believe GOD will forgive him for calling for the death of another man.

Thou shalt not kill!!