View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: An Unnatural Disaster: A Hurricane Exposes the Man-Made Disaster of the Welfare State

Quote:
Jack Wakeland then told me that early reports from CNN and Fox indicated that the city had no plan for evacuating all of the prisoners in the city's jails—so they just let many of them loose.[Update: I have been searching for news reports on this last story, but I have not been able to confirm it. Instead, I have found numerous reports about the collapse of the corrupt and incompetent New Orleans Police Department; see here and here.]
Update to the update. This author should have tried a little harder to confirm that crucial tidbit instead of trying to slough off the blame on the victims again with smug white, middle-class rightwing superiority, as demonstrated by this excerpt:

Quote:
But what about criminals and welfare parasites? Do they worry about saving their houses and property? They don't, because they don't own anything. Do they worry about what is going to happen to their businesses or how they are going to make a living? They never worried about those things before. Do they worry about crime and looting? But living off of stolen wealth is a way of life for them.
No question the American ghetto is a frightening, self-destructive environment and extremely unwelcome to most people of the caucasian persuasion. But a little more real research might have yielded the root causes for the "welfare society", i. e., that they were created by the Illuminati as an essential subcultural grouping. Not only do they provide George Bush Sr. with a perpetual customer base for his black op drug operations, but they also breed the all-important class warfare essential to destroying American nationalism.
Remember the classic scene from the movie The Godfather where the Mafia dons were discussing the burgeoning narcotics rackets in the U. S. None of them wanted "the junk" distributed in their own neighborhoods, because they knew from their experiences in Europe how potentially destructive it was. So the decision was finally arrived at: "Sell it to the niggers." And the rest of the black, inner city welfare saga tracks logically from there.
I'm sure this guy is probably just a well-paid apologist for the neoconservative faction, but this piece still reeks of unprofessionalism and bias IMO. :-x