View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Re: anti-conspiracy ppl who can rationalize anything: what's the craziest you've heard?

These are some of my favorite quotes for explaining this phenomenon, Thumper:

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something
when his salary depends on his not understanding it."
-- Upton Sinclair

Americans like to talk about
(or be told about)Democracy
but,when put to the test,
usually find it to be an
'inconvenience.' We have opted
instead for an authoritarian system
DISGUISED as a Democracy.
We pay through the nose for an
enormous joke-of-a-government,
let it push us around,
and then wonder how all those
assholes got in there.

Communism doesn't work because
it is out of phase with human nature.
Are we going to wake up one day
to find this statement equally true
when applied to the concept
of Western Democracy?

---Frank Zappa

"Through clever and constant application of propaganda people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way around, to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise."

--Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, 1923

Yes. Blue Angel, you are right. Denial is the default mode for most of the sheeple. They don't want to see the truth, because it gets in the way of their convenient -- and often profitable -- delusions. They are more than happy to be led around by the nose by the New World Order and its media propagandists.
Only when it's too late and they are the victims themselves, like Rev. Martin Niemoller's testimony at the Nuremburg war trials, will they realize their mistake. But then it will be too late.
We must accept that this is how it will be, foretold in scripture and preordained by greater powers than our own.
It is still our obligation to inform as many as will listen, but personally, I don't keep beating a dead horse. Even Jesus said to stomp the dust off your feet and move on when you encounter an unreceptive audience.
I have been rejected as a tinfoil nutjob by family members, friends and total strangers for presenting the truth in all of its irrefutable logic about this evil conspiracy. And if I were to be candid, there was a time when I would have reacted the same way to anyone trying to enlighten me as to who really runs the world. There comes a point when you simply have to accept that you have done all that you can do, and it is in God's hands from there.
No one can be saved who doesn't want to be.