View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Katrina Educates World On Need For Owning Guns

GUNS KILL!! You betcha, especially if your aim is good. The day they don't I will dismantle mine and buy knives.

From childhood I was taught to respect firearms, they were not toys and were forbidden to be touched. They were kept safely out of reach. As I grew up, my Father taught me gun safety, how to shoot and clean/maintain firearms.

He was the most kind and gentle man I have ever known but he was a realist. He knew that the police could not be everywhere at one time in cases of emergency. Under optimum conditions their response time is such that you can be killed many times over by an armed intruder or assailant.

He was a veteran of World War II, serving in the Medical Corp. but he hated war, never once refering to WWII as "the good war," believing that there was no such thing.

He believed, as do I, that the greatest threat to our freedom would come from our own government and not some invading force. My love of History was another of his legacies; repeatedly it has proven him to be right in so many of his beliefs.

Where guns are concerned, it is better to have them and not need them than it is to need them and not have them.

Without the Second Amendment, all the others can and ultimately will evaporate and disappear like the dew on a summer morning.