View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Who will be the first to confront the menace of America?

Quote:
nohope187 wrote:
Quote:
Nexuseuss wrote:

Being intrinsically good or bad takes conviction and perseverance in this life.
Lemme get this straight, being intrinsically bad takes Conviction and Perserverance? You are so smoking crack dude. Okay Mr. enlightened, so why is it easier to be bad than it is to be good?
In the light of free will... any black or white action as a total course of existance even to be followed 8 out of 10 times is the stuff of Mother Theresa and Charles Manson lore....

and they were neither completely saintly, nor completely evil, respectively.

I can't answer why it's more difficult in your opinion to be good versus the ease you consider behaving badly, and in whatever ratios implied or not.

I have never smoked "crack" in my life. Though I don't consider crack cocaine to be either good or bad, just existing. Now if I were to smoke crack cocaine by growing it, harvesting it, processing it, and ingesting it privately to myself, then where is the evil in this but in someone else's perceptions?

On the other hand, if I were to kill and steal for it, maime, lie, and emotionally cripple my family for crack cocaine, you would have a basis for calling this act evil.

But the greater majority of people using crack cocaine could be shown in combination of both good and evil lights as their actions are not unilaterally good nor bad, their actions exists as two sides of a coin.

Hope this helps