View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Who will be the first to confront the menace of America?

Quote:
Saturnino wrote:
There is no free will regarding morality. Man is born depraved, according to the Bible, my own mirror and my life experience. No choice here.
Morality is subjective and in dealing with christianity and other religions, entirely related to what new schism or rewrite is happening and influencing the following generations.

Quote:
Christianity teaches that people are unable to be good by their own efforts. I see selfshiness and egocentrism in my 2 year old niece !
She may see find your behaviour equally disturbing according to her beliefs.

Quote:
What happens is that socialization puts a restrainer on people's behavior. Fear to go to jail, to be ostracized. This is not the same as godliness that comes from the heart.
I don't believe that goodness and godness are the same thing necessarily, they can be, and often they can be polar opposites.

Quote:
Of course, even after receiving Christ the Christian still sins (sometimes a lot). But he has a chance to sin less, as long as he asks for God to help him live the life God wants us to live. Freedom from sin only after you die.
Sounds like a defeatist kind of attitude to me. But if it works for you, wear it like a frock I say.