View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Jews 4 Jesus..."What proof do you have that Jesus was the Messiah?"

Quote:
Marsali wrote:
Psholz,

I have a few issues with your post #32, but have just one question for now.
You wrote that Jesus was ordained into the priesthood of Melchizedek, and that this took place in Egypt after the fleeing of the innocents. My question is, where did you get this info? There's nothing in the New Testament referring to Jesus as being ordained into this priesthood. There are vague references to Melchizedek in the Old Testament in Genesis and Psalms, however.
In doing a google search for'Melchizedek', there are references having to do with Jesus in some of the gnostic writings, but that isn't the bible.
If your going to argue religion with Christians, you need to have a bible on hand to verify your your quotes.
Jesus' ordination into the Priesthood of Melchizedek is documented quite plainly (for all to see) in the Epistle the Hebrews, chapters 5-7..

I never said this was connected w/ the flight to Egypt, documented in the Gospel of Matthew. I merely said that it's documented, in the Gospel of Matthew, that (allegedly) Jesus spent time in Egypt (as a child, at any rate).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.