Thread: Paranoid?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Paranoid?

Quote:
Arjuna wrote: Conspiracy theorists tend to be paranoid. These extreme states of mind are both unrealistic. A healthy state of mind lies somewhere in between.
I, personally, do not deal with theory.

Extreme? Healthy? According to whom?

Quote:
Google: "define: paranoia"

In popular culture, the term paranoia is usually used to describe excessive concern about one's own well-being, sometimes suggesting a person holds persecutory beliefs concerning a threat to themselves or their property and is often linked to a belief in conspiracy theories.
How much is "excessive"? Is it even possible to be "excessively" concerned about one's own well-being?
The above statement connects "excessive concern" with "persecutory beliefs" and again, conspiracy "theories" without addressing the possibility/probability of said "beliefs" and "theories" being true.

Quote:
Suspicion of others that is not based on fact.
What is paranoia based on fact, then?

Quote:
an irrational fear, suspicion, or distrust of others.
Human beings are both rational and irrational. That is their NATURAL STATE; how human beings are created. Therefore, behaving irrationally is as natural as behaving rationally.

Quote:
(par-a-noy-a): A mental state that includes unreasonable suspicions of people and situations. A person who is paranoid may be suspicious, hostile, or may become extremely sensitive to rejection by others.
Again, too vague. What is "unreasonable" in any said situation? Could it be that a person who is classified "paranoid" may be "suspicious, hostile, or may become extremely sensitive to rejection by others" FOR A GOOD REASON? Maybe the person is trying to tell his circle of friends something and it falling on deaf ears. That doesn't mean he's sick or ill or mentally defect in any way, or that he's lying.

Quote:
Symptoms of delusions and impaired contact with reality but without the severe personality disorganization characteristic of schizophrenia.
Who is the above definition referring to: conspiracy "theorists" or those living in dreamland utopia? I could call anyone who doesn't believe the truth of Sweden being a Communist country paranoid, based on above definition!

Quote:
A belief that the actions of others is demeaning or threatening. It is characterized by feelings of being exploited or harmed by others, and questioning loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates.
See above. Actions of others might very well be demeaning or threatening. Could one have "feelings of being exploited or harmed by others" because in fact one IS/ARE/HAS BEEN exploited and/or harmed by others?

All the rest of these definition are equally questionable, so I won't comment on all.

Quote:
a disease-like state, characterized mainly with abnormal suspiciousness and crazy ideas
Is "normal" defined by majority? I think not! Just because most people are in a state of mind, doesn't mean that that's the NORMAL STATE TO BE IN. In fact, it's quite possible that a person classified as paranoid is actually NORMAL in the word's original sense; unaffected by social conditioning, mind control, political correctness, etc.

In general, I don't accept Western mainstream medicine-, or Freudian psychotherapy-based definitions of what's "normal/abnormal" or what's healthy/pathological. Modern medicine and psychotherapy is based on the same dialectical materialism Darwinism and Marxism-Leninism is based on - that there is no God and Man is not Man, but Animal.

It's all LIES.

It's subversion.

Call me paranoid if you want. :-x

Check out Barbara's post on <a href="http://www.clubconspiracy.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=1913&forum=29 ">POLITICAL CORRECTNESS</a>.