View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: Jews 4 Jesus..."What proof do you have that Jesus was the Messiah?"

Quote:
Saturnino wrote:
God is not an evil being who would give His Word to people in a way that only 1% would understand. Even children can understand the way of salvation, and that's the way God wanted it to be. Salvation is not an intellectual matter, it is one of faith and the heart. People reject Christ because of pride, not because they don't understand Him.

Your reasoning is gnostic. Gnosticism preaches that only people who have special knowledge can be saved, or develop spiritually, etc. It is the same trick Jehovah's Witnesses and other cults use to say they are the only churches who understand the Bible. Get a verse out of context, forget all the story that the Bible tells and hammer that verse until exhaustion.
Apparently you never got the memo that Jesus sent out in Matthew 13:10-17. Go back and read those verses, over and over and over and over again, until the Truth of them finally sinks in.

Quote:
If Jesus had to go to Egypt, or India, to learn magic, this would be in contradction with everything else He said. Egypt was the center of demonic magic and demonic magic was the main enemy of Jesus. It makes absolute no sense at all.
This is interesting speculation, but I'd like to see what your source for it. Given my reading of the Book of Kings (in the OT), Israel (and Judah) were more involved w/ "demonic magic" than any other group or culture in world history. Even King Solomon was a noted "expert" in summoning "magical demons" to do his bidding, and this is on the authority of the canonical Bible alone (to say nothing of the Apocrypha).

Quote:
When Jesus was 12 He was already at the Temple teaching God's Word to the elders...He was God, He didn't need to learn anything, much less from a bunch of Egyptian Satanists.
If you can explain to me what the difference between the Son of Man, and the Son of God is, perhaps I'd be inclined to believe a few of the things you're spouting. Until then, I'm really not interested in what you're selling..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.