View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: ADL Assault on Free Speech and Libertarian Internet Culture

Like the "Anti-Hate Bill" currently going through Congress, I look for all of this hate censorhsip to make it even tougher for people like us to get our message across to the mainstream.
Collectively it will have a major impact, but one on one, I doubt that much will change. Such legislation cannot withstand legitimate constitutional challenges, so I would expect a fairly obtuse approach to enforcement. For instance, I doubt whether The Man would run the risk of taking on someone really eloquent and well-informed like Alex Jones, Dr. Henry or Eustace Mullins for fear that it might backfire. After all, they couldn't silence Exra Pound; he eventually retaliated with a vengeance and did some real damage to the NWO movement. But it makes a great excuse for the lamestream media to continue to ignore any pertinent facts arising from the underground -- they can write it all off as "hate rhetoric of the disenchanted". (Like the ABC reporter who sloughed off the poor black New Orleans residents who witnessed the explosion of the levee.)
What it will accomplish, however, is to increase the isolation and alienation that we are already confronted with in terms of getting the message out.
And that is a real setback.