View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Moral Poverty Cost Blacks in New Orleans

Freeman, back up a little and think about this. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Every "coin" has two sides. If I grant you that, OK, to a certain extent, because of the actions of a great many of their race, a black youth might feel "bullied." So did the Irish, as a for instance, having not one thing to do with race.

Then perhaps you will grant me that, thanks to Uncle Sugar in DC, there are innumerable laws on the books that grant special favors to those same black youths.

Revenge is sweet, and the best revenge is success.
If I were a young black inner city youth today, male or female, the first thing I would do is get the hell out of that inner city with its crime and drugs and avail myself of one of the "set-asides" in a good college in some midwestern town.

If you are black, not only is your full tuition paid but also your books and lab fees, ANY and ALL expenses incurred in securing your degree; even clothing and food are covered. WHAT A DEAL!
All it takes is getting off one's duff and ACTING.

Definition of power: The ability to act.

After buckling down and getting one degree, I would go on and get my Masters. The ride is free, why not go for a Ph.D.?

After graduation, put in resumes with as many of the Fortune 400 companies as you like. You will be snapped up so quickly it will make your head swim!

Freeman, I am no smarter than the average bear, as Yogi didn't say, but if I can figure this out others can also.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. You can have all the programs in the world but you can't make people help themselves by taking advantage of them.

Are you sure you wouldn't like to be an inner city youth today?