View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Knowledge of the Symbol

I will not tell you, Sat, because it's a waste of energy and time to say things twice, sometimes multiple times. I can't be bothered to write it down again, right now, for your enjoyment. Maybe at some later stage.

CC is getting so big I'm having trouble finding my own stuff.

I'm not trying to "sell" anything, Sat, please, you are so off the mark. I'm trying to discuss different ways of seeing things. I'm not disagreeing with you:

First you say this:
Quote:
The Bible is indeed full of subtleties, some better understood by the spiritually mature, but its essence is easy to understand, even for a child
My presponse to the above statement;-) - I wrote it BEFORE your answer:
"Jesus makes perfect sense taken literally"

...and follow it up with this:
Quote:
The Bible itself says that it is not open to personal interpretation
According to my Bible, it is unlikely that this letter is written by Simon Peter.

<a href="http://bible.gospelcom.net/passage/?search=2Pe%201:20-21&version=9;">20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.</a>

What is a holy man but a person? The movement of the Holy Ghost has to be transmitted in SOME way, preferably via a human being?

Anyway, I find it questionable to refer to anything said by anyone else than Jesus, as far as that is possible to determine.

Could you find a quote attributed to Jesus saying that I'm not allowed to have my understanding of his words?

Just because you see only one way to understand the Bible, am I not allowed to understand it on another level? After all, am I not a different person and don't I have other experiences and insights than you; don't I think, behave or feel differently from the way you do? Is "a personal interpretation" to you, any interpretation that differs from yours and therefore not possible?

Could it not be, that the Bible is so well constructed, so as to be able to cater to anyone's spiritual and intellectual demands, regardless of spiritual level?